Anyone familiar with Artesia [in general?]

Started by ZK, July 07, 2006, 05:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

Hi everyone! Just picked up the new game Artesia: Adventures in the Known World and was curious if anyone had any experience with it or the graphic [near violence and pure erotica fantasy novels] with it.

Sofar, the system looks pretty stable, using the Fuzion system developed by the core designer of CyberPunk 2020 for example.

The system isn't drastically complicated, but well detailed and how it's designed you can make you character without having the problem of finding a suitable background [you can choose to roll aspects. :D]

But it's basically a mythic type fantasy game with harsh violence and sex as a theme. Albeit it having a mixture of bisexual tones like Exalted does, but sometimes focuses purely on one aspect or another. ^.^ Although, sex is just sex.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Swedish Steel

Huh! Never heard of it, will have to google it, sounds intreaguing.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

ZK

http://www.theknownworld.com/ Is the main website for it. It's primarly done by one man! He did the storyline, background information and even the art. The system came from another guy. ^.^ It's just amazing.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Zakharra

Oh my Goddess! You got the game!?!? I am SOOOO jealous! I love those comics. I've been hooked on them since I caught the first one years ago. I would love to play in that world.  Artesia is simply bitching.  8)

ZK

Yep, I have the game. And Mike Smiley decided to use a variation of the LifePath system. The game is kickass. :) But I've always wondered, why has Mike Smiley "hinted" that Artesia ws bisexual, yet, hasn't shown anything? Oh well, he isn't done with the Books of Doom yet anyway.

But! The game is out on hard-back now. Full color, nearly 400 pages and is only $39.99, not really that bad for a full color game that one guy made himself.