Tetrarch: A Fantasy Adventure (Open)

Started by MagicalPen, March 15, 2011, 04:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

Tetrarch. There wasn't any other place like it. Set on the edge of a vast, fast flowing river, it was the access point to the Wild Riches of the Northern Wilds. Fishing boats sail the wide river, providing a fresh supply of fish despite being weeks away from the Ocean. Barges take goods south and bring back back, or bring in the riches from the wilds in the North.

Tetrarch is a large town, the central hub to the region. Many smaller villages dot the shores of the River, but Tetrarch is the safest place to cross to the other side. It is the collection point of all things. People of all races, of all professions, can all be found in the city of Tetrarch.

But all is not well. Outside the fortified walls of Tetrarch are the Northern Wilds. While small villages carve out their own little niches in the wilds, there are animals and beasts and monsters and Wildmen. The latter pose the most threat, raiding and raping the unwary. But something even fouler lurks amongst the myths and legends of the Wilds.

A fisherman was the first to discover the bodies, tangled in his netting. The Patrol investigated and over the next few days even more bodies were caught in nets or along the banks. They had come from upriver, the bloated corpse's with fatal wounds, missing limbs, and missing heads. Some were pin cushioned by arrows, others were partially burned. Something was happening up river though no word had reached Tetrarch over what was happening.

The Council was undecided on what to do. The Wilds were still, officially, unclaimed land and were technically out of the Crowns Jurisdiction. People who crossed the river did so at their own risk and not everyone made it back alive. Those that lived in the villages of the Wilds lived on their own terms. Some argued that the villages problems were not their own. But if the danger posed a threat to Tetrarch then they wanted to know what it was and where it was headed. But, of course, they couldn't send the Patrol on such an endeavor, having no idea where to look – the Wilds being an extremely large place. So a new plan was devised behind closed doors, a plan that could save a Kingdom...

----

There will be posters in town speaking of a meeting at The Prancing Pony to discuss sending an expedition out into the Wilds to discover what is causing these bodies in the river.  Only serious adventurers need attend.

What this means is that your characters will be attending this meeting. Your character can be from any walk of life, with any sort of reason to want to go on this adventure.

I am looking for 4 - 6 Players. You must be able to write 2-Paragraphs per post, grammatically sound. I would be most happy with an even mix of Male-to-Female Players. In the case of 6 players, this means 2 more Male and 3 Female (as I will be partaking in this game as well).

If this has caught your interest, be aware of the following things:

1. Posting in this game WILL NOT be fast paced. We WILL follow a posting Order.

2. As GM, all decisions are final.

3. I am looking for Low/No Level of Magic in this game.

4. I am also looking to keep this mostly if not all HUMAN races. If you wish to play another Race, you need to give me a very good reason to allow to you via PM.

5. Once I have gathered interest, I will post more info and character sheet guidelines.

6. This will be an adventure and many things can happen. Characters may die, characters might be forced into uncomfortable situations, there will be rape and gore. The more open minded you are the better.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Ebb

Could you clarify whether this is a system or freeform game? If it is a freeform game, what's the approximate 'power level' of the characters in the story? For example, are they the heroes of the land, or expendable schlubs looking to make a name for themselves, or somewhere in between?

Last question: when you say that this is a low/no magic game, does that refer only to the player characters, or to the world as a whole?

MagicalPen

As I have never played a true system game in my life, this will be freeform.

The 'Power Level' of Characters will need to be appropriate for such a town as has been described. Think relatively ordinary people, perhaps with some survival skills, thrown into an extraordinary situation.

The World will be Low Magic in general, and I'd prefer characters to have little-to-no-magic (if any at all).

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Ebb

Thanks for the info. I'll pass on this one, but best of luck filling out your game.

Alienz8mypopcorn

This game sounds awesome! Do you still have any available spots left? I sure hope so!
Remember in your replies to always include what your character is Doing Observing Thinking and Saying. Then you'll never miss a detail! Remember DOTS!

Sanai

This sounds interesting. I might join. Any more information for us?
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

Eshva

I am interested in this.

Will it be ok to play a gender other than ones own?

I have a character in mind already, but am open to playing something else if it doesn't fit in.

Looking forward to more info on this.

Eshva
“Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and adventures are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes and forgotten”
Neill Gaiman

Acid Lips

Do you still have some free spot? I would be honored to play this sounds like fun

MagicalPen

I'd prefer that players would each play a character representing their own gender (aka guys playing guys, gals playing gals).

I don't want to shed too much on the plot right now since that would ruin the surprises that I plan on having occur - or at least, be able to reveal to the players as things progress.

I am certainly open to questions, of course. Especially if they pertain to character creation. Any character quirks you want kept secret can also be PM'd to me.

I do require solid writing for this game - a few lines per response aren't going to cut it. I don't expect pages-long responses either, but a good quality of writing, since group games require more effort then solo games.

At this point, I will say that (males playing males) all Male spots are occupied. Two female spots have been taken, so there is still ONE OPENING for a female character.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Eshva

Quote from: Eeyore on March 19, 2011, 07:03:10 PM
I'd prefer that players would each play a character representing their own gender (aka guys playing guys, gals playing gals).

At this point, I will say that (males playing males) all Male spots are occupied. Two female spots have been taken, so there is still ONE OPENING for a female character.

Fair enough, I'll try to be quicker next time. I am confident that I could live up to the writing standards, and will still be interested if a spot becomes open before you begin.

Eshva
“Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and adventures are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes and forgotten”
Neill Gaiman

MagicalPen

Eshva - I was counting you as one of the Males. You and Sanai.

Acid Lips and Aliens8mypopcorn (great name btw) are the females.

One more female and we'll be set to start hammering out some details.

I suggest you all start thinking about possible characters you want to play and PM with any thoughts/suggestions/comments.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Eshva

Ah, excellent :)

I misunderstood

I'll get to thinking about a character then.

thanks

Eshva
Neill Gaiman

MagicalPen

You all still interested? I've only heard 2 character sketches from people so far, so that means half of you haven't communicated with me yet.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

bubby

Still looking for another female? If so I'm interested!

MagicalPen

We certainly are.

Hopefully the other participants are brainstorming characters right now.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

swordwind

*pokes in* I'll assume this is full....unless your having trouble with characters sticking to the game.....

bubby

Sweet. I PM'd you my char idea. Unless you have a link for a character thread, or want them put here?

Nowan

If someone drops out then I would be interested in filling a pair of manly boots.
"Life is to be consumed, spent, used up and then it is meant to be discarded."

Nowan's On and Off - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=101543.0

"Etchings of the Weaver" - A GMed fantasy Group RP in a Silk Road setting - now accepting players! - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=101790.0

MagicalPen

Go ahead Swordwind.

If some of the original people interested don't PM by the end of this weekend I will be canceling this game however.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

bubby

Acid Lips

I will have to drop down, sorry I just don't have enough time for another group rp.

Silk

I never got a response from my PM so I will be saying my interest is out as well.