Halo RP Interest Probe

Started by RabbitJanitor, April 12, 2013, 05:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebobmaster

I think I'm done with my character sheet, but I'd be open to suggestions if anyone had any. And yes, I know the picture has an assault rifle, but it was the closest I could find to my mental image for my Spartan.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

PaladinZenaku

That is actually a DMR but nice pic. Not being a know it all just saying.
"Underneath the silvery moon,
Your path can still turn foul.
You'll know you've made a wretched move,
When werewolves start to howl."
~Shadowfang~
Alpha Male of Southern US Pack

RabbitJanitor

Paladin and Bobmaster, your character sheets are both approved. This is starting to look good, me and Frelance convened and got our ideas in order. We've got a metric shit tonne of fun planned for you lot.

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on April 16, 2013, 06:37:00 PM
Paladin and Bobmaster, your character sheets are both approved. This is starting to look good, me and Frelance convened and got our ideas in order. We've got a metric shit tonne of fun planned for you lot.
Ok Amte awaits your orders.
"Underneath the silvery moon,
Your path can still turn foul.
You'll know you've made a wretched move,
When werewolves start to howl."
~Shadowfang~
Alpha Male of Southern US Pack

thebobmaster

Can't wait to start. Should be fun.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 17, 2013, 07:27:08 PM
I sure hope we're better than as good as these loons.

Fixed that for ya.

That was actually the first gameplay I ever saw of Reach. The graphical style is very different...
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

ShadowFox89

I played through Reach ^^'

I was actually thinking about doing a Halo game using a game system like MnM3e or Legend. Or do a Halo style Heaven's Reach game..
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 17, 2013, 07:49:48 PM
I was actually thinking about doing a Halo game using a game system like MnM3e or Legend. Or do a Halo style Heaven's Reach game..

I didn't understand a word you just said, hun.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

ShadowFox89

Game systems. I usually don't play freeform because it's hard to keep people from overdoing things.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Frelance

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 17, 2013, 07:49:48 PM
I do not know either of those systems but the only way I play a system based game is when its table top. I don't see the point if you want not all in the same room.
Evolution is an arms race

Carlissa

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 17, 2013, 07:55:17 PM
Game systems. I usually don't play freeform because it's hard to keep people from overdoing things.

I can understand that. The only problem is, I have no idea how to play any kind of game system... All the ones I've seen looked very complicated...

ShadowFox89

About how long after the Fall of Reach would the game take place?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RabbitJanitor

The better question would be how long after would the game be from Halo 3. I think i can handle this though.

The fall of reach was the Pillar of autumn's send off, starting Halo 1.

I think there was about 1-2 months between halo one and two where Chief and his surviving members paraded around with Halsey on a stolen Covenant cruiser. Number two and Three happen within a week or two.

Then MC spends four years as a Chief-cicle. (A Master Chief-cicle)

And Four happens within a few days and where we're plotted on the time line is about the same time Infinity is back at Requiem.

So.... about.. Four and a half to Five years after Reach.

ShadowFox89

Alright, that works.

My background has Kat serving as an ODST on Reach and being part of the evacuation team, just barely getting off of the planet. Well, really, he entire background is one miraculous survival after another :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Did Halo Reach happen before Halo 1?

Frelance

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Carlissa on April 17, 2013, 10:05:05 PM
Did Halo Reach happen before Halo 1?

Not too much before, but yeah.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RabbitJanitor

It most Certainly did.

The Pillar of Autumn was leaving reach just as the alien bastards were glassing it. Halo Reach deals with Noble team and their struggle to maintain control of the ground battle and later, transport Cortana to the Autumn before it lifts off. (Witch brings up a few inconsistencies in the Book's story VS the games.)

The Autumns random slip space jump (As per the Cole Protocol) drops them right on Instillation 04's door step. (The first discovered Halo.)

Carlissa

And Halo Reach featured Spartan IIIs as playable characters?... Just how old is Master Chief anyway?

And what the heck is a Pillar of Autumn anyway?

ShadowFox89

Halo wiki. Is. Your friend.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RabbitJanitor

Sigh* Carlissa, you give my inner nerd a boner.

I believe that one of the Spartans was referenced as a Spartan 3, however the lore in my mind started blocking that part out along my second play through.

I believe the Chief would be about 45-50 at this point. He was selected at Seven and was almost done most of the training before the Human Covenant war started. Spartans were originally made to take on Colonial Insurgencies. The war lasted 30 years, and Chief was on Ice when it ended.

The Pillar of Autumn is the horse that the Spartans were suppose to ride in on. Its an older, but beefy ship. It was crash landed on 04 in the first game.

I AM THE WIKI! <.<

Frelance

ShadowFox89

Welp, done with Kat's sheet. She's not a Spartan-2 or Spartan-3, but has served throughout the war since she joined the service. If you need a boom, she's your gal.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on April 17, 2013, 10:24:21 PM
Sigh* Carlissa, you give my inner nerd a boner.

I believe that one of the Spartans was referenced as a Spartan 3, however the lore in my mind started blocking that part out along my second play through.

I believe the Chief would be about 45-50 at this point. He was selected at Seven and was almost done most of the training before the Human Covenant war started. Spartans were originally made to take on Colonial Insurgencies. The war lasted 30 years, and Chief was on Ice when it ended.

The Pillar of Autumn is the horse that the Spartans were suppose to ride in on. Its an older, but beefy ship. It was crash landed on 04 in the first game.

I AM THE WIKI! <.<

I guess it's my job to give everyone a boner on this thread, since I'm the only female here. I hope my blondness will serve you well.

Is that his physical age or his actual age since his birth? I was under the impression that those pod things he sleeps in slows his age or something.

I don't remember he Pillar of Autumn in the first game... Heck, I don't remember anything from the first game, except that Johnson died at the end... As well as every level he was in.