Shadowrun 5th Edition - Civil Disobedience [Extreme, Closed to New Recruits]

Started by GloomCookie, September 19, 2015, 06:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

AndyZ

I disagree with Mark Twain.  Better to ask and find out than to keep your mouth shut and never learn.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

GloomCookie

My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

AndyZ

Silkara - Covert Ops

Silkara had a mother, but Chips transformed her from a caring and loving human woman into a blissful and elegant queen who couldn't even manage to take care of herself, let alone her child.  Presumably she has an elven father out there, but hasn't even seen a holo of him.

Intellectually, it's easy to understand that everyone in the Barrens has a difficult life.  It's more difficult to comprehend what that does to a person, how you can hate the weakness of your body and fight for a better life for yourself however you can get it.

Some people give up, give in and find their way into some level of conformity.  In their own way, the gangs are just as organized and enveloping as the Megacorporations, though at least gangs care for their members.  Silkara, however, never really developed any degree of caring trust again after her mother forgot who she was.  There's amiability, there's trusting someone to guard you while you sleep, and then there's opening your heart.  At least if someone kills you when you're dreaming, you'll never know.

That's not to say she hasn't made some acquaintances.  There's a gang leader that she's had to do some work for in the past, though she refuses to do anything sexual with men.  After a particularly big score, a fixer contacted her in order to sell the goods, and has never been friendly but has treated her decently well.  Finally, a grumpy troll who lives in an abandoned building has let her crash at the place from time to time in exchange for food.  Since she rarely talks, Silkara doesn't even know her name.

She's used to a degree of silence, staying out of the way and only speaking when she has something useful to say.  She travels light, having no permanent place to keep stuff and knowing how easy it is to steal - after all, a lot of what she has was taken from other people.

Her chocolate-colored hair hangs down just past her shoulders, often but not always tied up into a ponytail when she's worried it might get in the way.  The flats she wears for clothes demonstrate her station, with a ragged armor jacket protecting her from the elements.  Soft azure eyes often hold a world-weary but gently inquisitive stare.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

TFcommando

PMed my character, used the basic character generation limits, Karma, resources, just limiting gear to Availability 10 or less.  If things are lower, please let me know and I'll adjust.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

AndyZ

TFcommando

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

AndyZ

That's my understanding and how I made mine.  Linna, correct me if I'm wrong, please.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: TFcommando on September 20, 2015, 04:23:51 PM
Everything there, Karma and all?

Yeah, was that clarified one way or the other? Stripping that much Karma off my base character is going to hurt, so it'd be good to know - my sheet was already approved using the normal Karma/Cash awards for a starting character.

Muse

Same here.  I'd have to do a completly diferent character. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

HopeFox

From earlier in the thread:

Quote from: Linna on September 19, 2015, 08:59:43 PM
It's Street Level gear starting out (10 avail) but otherwise yes standard spread my dears.

I believe that's "normal creation but with a lower availability cap".
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

HopeFox

Quote from: Linna on September 20, 2015, 01:07:38 PM
Oh honey, just because I personally prefer tits and a tight ass doesn't mean I won't let you play with the boys!  Play anything you like!  I don't mind one bit.

Who said it had to be boys OR girls? Takes all kinds to make it in the Hellhounds. ;)

Muse

Quote from: HopeFox on September 20, 2015, 06:34:27 PM
From earlier in the thread:

I believe that's "normal creation but with a lower availability cap".

That's how I read it too 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

Well, Linna told me in PM that we're doing Street Level, but I'll let her speak up about it and explain.  It won't be difficult to add more stuff to my sheet if we go with standard and av 10 cap.

TheGlyphstone

We should probably get an OOC thread opened up too at some point.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

GloomCookie

Just woke up and checking before I head to work.

Max availability is 10, and I would prefer you to play someone who hasn't done much, if any, running before.  Reason is, we have a lot of players who have pre-built characters that I adore seeing, but it's going to be an absolute bitch to rebuild them from scratch or to conform to how they were when they first started. 

That being said, I will give 15 karma to street level characters before gameplay begins if you're willing to retool the character ahead of time and make them street level.
My DeviantArt

Blinkin

Ditto Glif on the OOC.

Do we need to retool Yellow then? Or, is that what you id? That would explain the debt as I misse the street level thing... I thought that it was only being considered.

Anyway, Yellow was never played beyon a sinle post, but whatever nees to be done to make her street legal, so to speak.

And, would she get the 15 carma even if she's already been revamped? ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

GloomCookie

She's been revamped and no, she's not street level so no, she doesn't get the karma.  Sorry luv.
My DeviantArt

GloomCookie

My DeviantArt

Blinkin

Oh well, didn't hurt to ask. I'm not going to ask you to do further work on her if you're ok with her.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

HopeFox

Quote from: Linna on September 21, 2015, 06:17:32 AM
Just woke up and checking before I head to work.

Max availability is 10, and I would prefer you to play someone who hasn't done much, if any, running before.  Reason is, we have a lot of players who have pre-built characters that I adore seeing, but it's going to be an absolute bitch to rebuild them from scratch or to conform to how they were when they first started. 

That being said, I will give 15 karma to street level characters before gameplay begins if you're willing to retool the character ahead of time and make them street level.

As in, Steppen gets an extra 15 Karma if I recalculate his gear on 15,000 nuyen (Street Life Resources D) instead of 50,000 nuyen (regular Resources D)? Because I am totally down with that. 50k felt like too much for a dumb go-ganger revhead. Rating 3 fake SIN? More than one suit of armour? Who does he think he is, Fastjack? :)

Phaia

:o :o :o
I missed this...I have never liked all the dice need to play but loved the setting so i cope...and would love to male a character...what ya all need ...i had a two great ideas in the same group TheGlyphstonew as in and can convert..one was technomancer and the other a face psychical adept that was a budding rocker chic

Phaia

ShadowFox89

So what's the chargen? Street level character? I'm thinking of my usual gun adept.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

GloomCookie

Unfortunately we are now closed to new people for right now.  Anyone currently in chargen can continue and submit, but otherwise I'm sorry that we are no longer taking new characters at this time.

Check back in the future though for more!
My DeviantArt