Seeking Historical Fiction- F for M- Vikings, King Arthur, Musketeers, oh my!

Started by LtRipley, January 20, 2015, 12:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LtRipley

Please read my o/o's before contacting me, it's linked in my sig! Thank you :)

I'm looking for some one who can post at least once a week, if not more, and can manage at least two paragraphs a post, with more being preferable (but no more than five paragraphs), extenuating circumstances allowed of course.

I've been hankering for some historical fiction for a while but things got a bit crazy and I wasn't able to even think about picking up any new games for a while. They've calmed back down now so I'm putting up this request finally.

I've got a few ideas, all but one or two are pretty vague, more just a seedling of an idea than anything else. Either way, I really want input from my partner, please don't message me wanting to start something and then expect me to do have everything already figured out and ready to go. I like to build things with my partner and make it our game, something that both of us will enjoy. Now, onto the ideas! These are not in order of preference.

Also, bonus points to anyone who wants to play a bisexual male character for me. I would obviously be up for playing secondary or tertiary characters in this case to have MM interaction and also MF interactions. This is not required though, just something I really love working with when given the chance.

Some of these could be pretty easily combined, like the Romans and the Celts, or Celts and Vikings, or Vikings and Romans, King Arthur has potential for the Romans and the Vikings, so on and so forth.

The Musketeers - I've been a fan of the Three Musketeers for most of my life, I've read the book and watched several film adaptations (though the 1993 Disney version is the one nearest to my heart), I love them, but I also recognize that even Dumas's novel is not historically accurate at all. It was a contemporary comment on French politics, not a historical account by any means. I would really love to do something that combines the romantic heart of the Three Musketeers with a slightly more accurate framework and context of the era.
Either way, I'm thinking of playing a female character who is effectively cross dressing to join the Musketeers. YC could be another young man hoping to join, a more experienced but not quite veteran Musketeer, or a higher ranking Musketeer. There is also potential for a nobleman or even the king. And I would be happy to play a second character if my partner does as well, could play a common woman or a noblewoman or even the queen or more than one of those. I just ask for the same in return.

Robin Hood - This is even less historically accurate than the Three Musketeers but I love Robin Hood anyway and the context is realistic. I especially loved the 2010 remake with Russell Crowe. This is basically what I'm aiming for, a bit more historically accurate than some of the other film versions, but with all the classic elements. We could do our own origin story (I would really love doing a game heavily based off the film but it is required, we could do our own thing with it), or own twist on the story, I've got ideas but they're a bit too vague to really go trying to list them.
I'd be looking to play Maid Marion or even an OC female bandit, and my partner to play Robin Hood, with other potential characters being Robin's Merry Men (I especially love Little John), male and female locals, the Sheriff of Nottingham, the King, and others. Possible group sex considering we've got a group of men here, very optional.

King Arthur - more legend than history but it's another thing that could easily be worked into realistic context. I would like to do something leaning more towards the Mists of Avalon retelling (the book and the show) taking place just after the fall of the Roman Empire and England first starting to form. Definitely don't want it being Mists of Avalon fan game though, it's interesting, but not my ideal. So possible adultery and incest here depending on if we're wanting to make it focused on canonical characters and subject matter. Potential characters being Arthur, Lancelot, Morgaine, Guinevere, Merlin, and all the others. Also potential for group sex if we're wanting to sexualize the knights of the Round Table. Very optional though.

Vikings - Who doesn't love vikings? I sure do. Now, I don't have any concrete ideas yet but I'm looking for some one to play a male Viking for me, I'm caught between playing a female Viking, maybe they're both raiders, or a local (probably in Ireland or Scotland, but the Vikings got around, she could be from anywhere) where the Vikings are invading, possibly having her taken back as a captive. There's a lot that could be done here I think, and I think it'd be fun to make include some fantasy elements here based off Norse mythology. Not sure what but it would be an interesting element I think.

Feudal Japan - Another favorite of mine with a lot of potential, samurai, Shoguns, ninjas, geisha, monks, priests (and priestesses), you name it! Also potential for fantasy elements here based off of Japanese mythology. I have a few ideas here but they're all pretty vague so I'm going to hold off mentioning them until some one contacts me.
Please note, not looking for anime style rp here at all, I love Japanese culture and history, anime is so-so but not a big interest of mine.

Meiji Era Japan - (period when Japan opened to the West and tried to rapidly modernize) - Think the Last Samurai (one of the few Tom Cruise movies I like, even though I have some gripes with it), this is another time period I really love, but I've never done anything with it. This was a time period in Japan where there was a lot of cultural conflict, the Shogunate was dissolved, the samurai disbanded, and in the larger cities, Japan was trying very hard to be more Western and modern, but out in the country, the old way of life still carried on much the same. This was also the first time in Japanese history where outsiders were allowed into the country beyond very controlled port cities. Just like above, there are a lot of potential character types, all of what's above (though it would be former Shogun and former samurai) with the addition of Western foreigners, male and female, mostly merchants but also whatever else we could think of. I
I think, ideally, I would like to do something with a relationship between a Japanese citizen and a foreigner, not sure which should be male and which should be female though.

Roman Empire - This one I would definitely like to do something with a bisexual male, as that was kind of the norm, but it still isn't required. Gladiators and their patrons (or matron, or fan girls wanting some action lol), Legionnaires, politicians, slaves, priests and priestesses, a few other kinds of characters we could play with. Could even have it with a Legionnaire out fighting against barbarian hoards. Lots of ideas, lots of potential. Would also be fun to include cultural mythology here as well.

The Celts - Either Ireland or the Scottish Highlands, maybe Britain during the Roman occupation - Not sure of the timeline here, could be in the Iron Age, the Roman occupation, or during one of the many rebellions in Ireland and Scotland against the English. This is a culture near and dear to my heart and I'd love to do something with them. Lots of potential I think.

World War II - Would really love something like an Axis and Ally pairing, leaning towards male Nazi and female American, French, or British. Could be a captured Nazi soldier and an Ally nurse, or a French freedom fighter during the German occupation and a Nazi soldier.

Please read my o/o's before contacting me. Thank you.

LtRipley

Added the Celts, and tweaked things a little, also removed Victorian England

LtRipley