Fae for Real?! (Sandbox, Fantasy, sci-fi, apocalyptic, modern w medieval touch)

Started by SweetRevenge, September 20, 2014, 12:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetRevenge

It's presently December 21st, 2036. 24 years ago, a major change shifted the whole world upside down and the change was so subtle that nearly no one noticed, except a few who were more sensitive and attuned to the energies related to this change. The return of magic. The history was filled with lore and legends, some very precise and developed, yet it was always thought impossible and mere stories. But that wasn't the truth. As the human mind became riddled with brain candy fed by it's superiors and the hunts against such things known as witchcraft and fae, magic and other such legends went into hiding, to preserve itself. Sealing itself away from the world, only those who were attuned to magic and legends still felt their powers, though it was greatly limited.

However, when December 21st, 2012 arrived, and humans awaited their so-called doomsday to hit the gong, something else broke free. After a century of hiding, the fae were ready to return, but with retribution in tow. As they broke free from their hiding, magic gradually returned to the world, changing the world as we know it. It wasn't immediate, but odd effects and sightings began ringing around the world. Strange storms, diseases and such erupted around the globe. But it wasn't until 2021 that humans really became aware of the situation; The Declaration of War from the Fae. Human's called it World War 3, and it's beginning 2 years as the Massacre by Magic. Decimated by the thousands by elven battlemages, ships sunken by krakens and mermaids. Forts and armies besieged by dragons with scales hard enough to absorb a hit from several RPG's. Nearly every legend and mystical beasts turned up true, and found near where the lore about them existed before. The human race was losing and rapidly. Major cities were fortified and protected, grasping to hopes of regaining their footing in the battle. It was in 2023 that people began to wield magic themselves, but for the fight. The powers behind human will weren't simply Hollywood, it existed. With magic now rampant, some who were more developed in magical knowledge found themselves able to use it. The recent generations bore children with a link to magic never seen before, and used magic with natural talents and near freedom of mind. Some of them were young adults by now, and took front-lines to the battles. It was humanity's first push back since the beginning of the war. And as more and more humans were trained in academies, some specialized themselves in certain types of magic, while some even developed new types. As things progressed however, there were some academies and colleges of mages that deserted and joined the ranks of the fae, some from promised profits from darker fae, some because they truly followed the ways and beliefs of nature, believing in a world filled with fae and humans living together. These people were known as the Green Rebels, mages garbed in green that destroyed other humans for the better of the fae. They promised to save humankind, if they joined their ranks and allowed to live amongst the fae peacefully. To many government's dismay, many rallied their cause, leading to the splitting humankind into 2 distinctive groups; the Rebels and the Resistance, in 2025.

Along with the awakening of magic, the magical roots and genes of humans progressively awoke. Some found themselves with unique magic types and even had fae-blood in them. Those who were born with fae blood were known as Hybrids, the race of humans that bridged the fae race and the human. There were some fae who weren't for the war even after over a century of hiding after being hunted nearly to extinction. It was a rare sight, but some humans intertwined with the fae, and this has happened in the past as well, when they were still around and lived peacefully amongst humans. Some humans carried long forgotten heritage and had a very dilute amount of fae blood in them, and even though they could take limited forms and use magic from their ancestry, it isn't very concentrate most of the times. Some were issue from recent rape victims which proved impossible to abortions, and some were even from recent relationships from the recent peaceful faes. But whichever they are, if they are found out to be hybrids, they are often subject to harsh racism on both sides; human and fae alike. However, most are able to hide such things, but some do have characteristics they cannot hide as easily. An example is would be a ancestry-kitsune human could be able to have ears, a tail, claws and use remote kitsune magic, but would be able to dissipate their presence and look like a normal human. However, someone who was an issue of a present kitsune/human couple would be able have more tails if wanted to, change their body more closely to their inheritance, and use much more powerful abilities, but they wouldn't be able to dissipate a few features of the kitsune body, like at least one tail and the ears. Kitsune's are just one of the many possibilities out there, but it remains that recent couplings are of very rare occurrence.

Returning to present day, war still rages worldwide. Humans have been relatively confined to their major cities, and the wild-lands and natural territories have been taken over by the fae. Only those who truly respect the fae live out in the wilds, the others live in secluded villages who have defended themselves along the way and thrived through the chaos around them. With the Human Resistance fighting 2 groups, the Fae and the Green Rebels, the light at the tunnel is faint.

I've been working on an idea for a little while now, and I wanted to make a medieval RP. But this morning, I woke up, and just left that aside and wrote out this instead. And I really like the idea behind it. It's very sandbox, open to ideas. We have a lot of material at our disposal to creative, detailed and well-created profiles, with a good back-story and depth. It's literally a freedom of magic; someone might just be using actual alchemy, while the other one studies draconic magic(which I just might do), I'm giving a green card to a lot here. I just want something well-detailed. This world is open to many things, but the main points is that magic is stronger than bullets. Guns aren't something people use as much, if they can just use magic for more devastating effects.

Character Profiles

Name:(Character Name, nicknames or pseudos)
Race: (Human, Hybrid, Fae. If Hybrid or Fae, provide more details about which kind of fae they are)
Age, Sex and Orientation: (ex, 21, male, straight)
Affiliation: (Fae, Resistance, Rebel. Fae are any supernatural creature that isnt human. Resistance are humans fighting on the human side, Rebels are fighting on the Fae side)
Powers/Weapons: (List anything linked to use of magic or weapons in here.)
Weakness: (Anything that your character would be weak against, with/without or near goes here.)
Personality: (Behavior and personality go here)
Biography: (4 paragraphs at least, dont be afraid to ask questions if anything is bothering you or you arent sure about.)

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Age, Sex and Orientation:[/b]
[b]Affiliation:[/b]
[b]Powers/Weapons:[/b]
[b]Weakness:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]

SweetRevenge

TheHangedOne

Looks interesting. Here's a WIP.

Name: Leofwine Silverbough
Race:  Hybrid (Half-Dryad)
Age, Sex and Orientation: 22, male, straight
Affiliation: Green Rebels
Weapons: Longbow, onyx tipped arrows, thirteen inch long curved steel knife.
Powers: Plant Growth (Use magic to accelerate the growth of plants), Stitch (Magically stitches shut wounds. However, said wounds can easily be reopened), Animal Speech (allows one to communicate with animals; does not necessarily make them inclined to listen), Tranquility (Reduces the intensity of emotions, but does not fully remove them. Promotes calmness and clarity of mind. Can be resisted), Purify (magically cleanse water of not only pollutants, but harmful bacteria as well), Gust (produces brief, but sustained, gusts of wind. About 5-10MPH at most).
Weakness: Obvious Hybrid, allergic to cold iron (just touching it burns him badly, like a chemical burn), photosynthetic needs (must have 4 hours of direct sunlight exposure every day, or else suffers weakness. A week without sunlight will kill him).
Personality:  Generally relaxed, and not prone to strong emotions. However, he becomes easily upset when nature is treated in a reckless or disrespectful manner.
Biography: Leofwine's father was seduced by a Dryad, killed, and buried under the Dryad's own tree in order to provide her greater sustenance. Leofwine does not know this, however. He was raised by his mother, believing it was all but a simple dalliance, and that that was life. Some times, a handsome--or, for him, pretty--mortal will come wandering into the forest, and they're good for making children. And that's just life.

Needless to say, being raised in the wilderness, by a Dryad, has had a major impact on his perceptions of the world and his personality. It is also very difficult for him, because he is not a full Dryad. On the one hand, this offers him many boons; he is not bound to a singular tree, for instance, and does not need to fear its destruction. However, he must eat food, and in the colder months, he must keep himself warm. He is a son of nature, but also a son of humanity.

Consequently, he's learned a lot about nature. However, his understanding of humans tends to be a lot more limited. Even his knowledge of the war is limited, in that he has not been directly involved in it, and has not been exposed to it overly much yet.

He can't read the language of humans, but has knowledge of spoken English. He also understands how to 'communicate' with plants, as well as the language of other animals, taught to him by his mother, and helpful forest animals.

Over time, he's occasionally helped lost travelers in his woods, guiding them along safe paths back to civilization, or silently leaving them parcels of pure water and foraged edibles, if he's feeling shy.

The onyx-tipped arrows, bow, and his skill at its use were gifts given to him by a grateful elf. When he was younger, Leofwine encountered the injured elf, and brought him back to his 'hut'. There, Leofwine used what magic and herbal remedies he had at his disposal to nurse the elf back to health. In thanks, the elf gave him the bow, and taught him how to use it.  Periodically, he trades salves, unguents, potions, and edibles to this same elf, in exchange for more arrows, since they do invariably wear out, and he lacks the skills and equipment to make more of his own.

Shelter: Leofwine often dwells in a hut that is woven, in an exceedingly complex manner, from living vines, with trees forming corners of the hut, their branches providing excellent support systems for the vines. He makes sure to nurture and prune his home in a manner that is not harmful to the environment. He's also studded and reinforced some parts of it with larger rocks. He even has a nice little firepit on the inside, and a sort of vine 'pipe' for the smoke to be funneled out of.  Soft lichens and moss make for excellent bedding.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

SweetRevenge

Happy to see you again =J Looks nice for WIP. It's also nice to know that there is actual interest in this story. For a while, I wasn't sure it appealed to the crowds of E. =/ Glad you find it interesting ^_^

TheHangedOne

Just about anything involving Faeries will be of great interest to me. Here's hoping we get a few more souls interested.  :D
Check out my poet tree!

SweetRevenge

Well, I was starting to work a little on my character, but I know it's not gonna be done tonight XD

Do you think the story needs more fleshing out? I feel like I cannot render justice to what I want to write and that there is so much, I just start leading from one thing to another without being quite right to what I want to express. Maybe I'm just a really self-conscious writer XP

Red Stella

Apple of Eris

Interested!

Name: Jessica Mulligan           

Race: Human
Age, Sex and Orientation: 18 years, Female, Bisexual
Affiliation: Human
Powers/Weapons: Sorceress, entropic and elemental powers she has not yet learned to control properly, but reportedly has a high potential[1] / has a .38 revolver she found, and a small silver knife.
Weakness: Jessica wears a small golden pendant in the shape of a celtic cross given to her by her mother the day before Jessica's powers manifested. Jessica now believes they rely on the pendant and without it, her powers are far weaker.
Personality: Jessica used to be a happy and friendly child, now she tends to be a bit more reserved and shy. She generally is untrusting of those she doesn't know, and is terrified of the beings that hunt her[2], even as she tries to discover who they are.
Biography: Jessica was born to a family on the outskirts of Philadelphia, PA. When magic began to return, Jessica was a mere child of 4. Her mother discovered that she possessed magical powers and began to study them, along with others to try and learn how to use them. On Jessica's 11th birthday, her mother gifted Jessica with a golden pendant; the following day, Jessica's powers began to manifest.

Things progressed more or less normally until one night when Jessica was 15, the war had begun the year prior, though her home was nowhere near the front lines. Eventually though, a portal opened and the Fae poured forth in her hometown, led by an evil Elf in search of a new magical power he had detected. As the warriors of the Fae closed on their home, Jessica's mother used her magic to cloak Jessica, hiding her magic from the elf and then joining her husband to bide time for their daughter to flee.

Jessica hid in a tree behind the house, and could see clearly as her father, who had apparently fought bravely was dragged before the elf and beheaded by him. Her mother too was brought in irons and beaten for defying her captor and not revealing the truth about her daughter and her magic. Horrified, Jessica watched as the Elf had his minions drag her with them as they opened another portal and vanished. In the morning, Jessica left her hiding place and returned home, gathering what she could in a backpack and joined the thousands of other refugees heading for the relative safety of the city.

In Philadelphia, she found a Mage who was willing to apprentice her, and who began to tutor young Jessica in manipulating magic and controlling it. However, Jessica was still haunted by nightmares of the attack on her home, the death of her father, and the likely death of her mother. A year ago, it happened again, a portal opened near the home of her Master, the wards and her Master's magic held them off for a time, giving the apprentice's time to escape, but by nights end, the home was aflame and Jessica was alone again.

With only the things she managed to save, Jessica set out, deciding she needed to discover who was hunting her and why, and find a way to stop them.

[1] According to those hunting her.
[2] She is being hunted by a rather evil Elf lord who wishes to study the entropic magic Jessica controls as it is unlike anything he has encountered and wishes to master himself. He has enslaved Jessica's mother and keeps her alive but controlled.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Izaya Orihara

Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

SweetRevenge

Quote from: Apple of Eris on September 21, 2014, 11:23:20 PM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Interested!

Name: Jessica Mulligan           

Race: Human
Age, Sex and Orientation: 18 years, Female, Bisexual
Affiliation: Human
Powers/Weapons: Sorceress, entropic and elemental powers she has not yet learned to control properly, but reportedly has a high potential[1] / has a .38 revolver she found, and a small silver knife.
Weakness: Jessica wears a small golden pendant in the shape of a celtic cross given to her by her mother the day before Jessica's powers manifested. Jessica now believes they rely on the pendant and without it, her powers are far weaker.
Personality: Jessica used to be a happy and friendly child, now she tends to be a bit more reserved and shy. She generally is untrusting of those she doesn't know, and is terrified of the beings that hunt her[2], even as she tries to discover who they are.
Biography: Jessica was born to a family on the outskirts of Philadelphia, PA. When magic began to return, Jessica was a mere child of 4. Her mother discovered that she possessed magical powers and began to study them, along with others to try and learn how to use them. On Jessica's 11th birthday, her mother gifted Jessica with a golden pendant; the following day, Jessica's powers began to manifest.

Things progressed more or less normally until one night when Jessica was 15, the war had begun the year prior, though her home was nowhere near the front lines. Eventually though, a portal opened and the Fae poured forth in her hometown, led by an evil Elf in search of a new magical power he had detected. As the warriors of the Fae closed on their home, Jessica's mother used her magic to cloak Jessica, hiding her magic from the elf and then joining her husband to bide time for their daughter to flee.

Jessica hid in a tree behind the house, and could see clearly as her father, who had apparently fought bravely was dragged before the elf and beheaded by him. Her mother too was brought in irons and beaten for defying her captor and not revealing the truth about her daughter and her magic. Horrified, Jessica watched as the Elf had his minions drag her with them as they opened another portal and vanished. In the morning, Jessica left her hiding place and returned home, gathering what she could in a backpack and joined the thousands of other refugees heading for the relative safety of the city.

In Philadelphia, she found a Mage who was willing to apprentice her, and who began to tutor young Jessica in manipulating magic and controlling it. However, Jessica was still haunted by nightmares of the attack on her home, the death of her father, and the likely death of her mother. A year ago, it happened again, a portal opened near the home of her Master, the wards and her Master's magic held them off for a time, giving the apprentice's time to escape, but by nights end, the home was aflame and Jessica was alone again.

With only the things she managed to save, Jessica set out, deciding she needed to discover who was hunting her and why, and find a way to stop them.

[1] According to those hunting her.
[2] She is being hunted by a rather evil Elf lord who wishes to study the entropic magic Jessica controls as it is unlike anything he has encountered and wishes to master himself. He has enslaved Jessica's mother and keeps her alive but controlled.

I don't want to ruin your parade, but there are a few issues I would like to discuss. The biggest one is the evil elves. The fae aren't necessarily all evil, and with all the supernatural creatures you chose that are evil, you chose elves who aren't known for evil deeds. The war rages because the fae are fighting humanity to regain their place on this world. Both good and evil fae are at war with humans. Elves are protectors of the forests and the wilderness. They despise humans and their chaotic and destructive ways, yes, but they do not hunt them down and capture their families. My suggestion is that your turn the word evil into dark. Dark elves aren't the 'peaceful' and gentle ones, like their cousins, the dark elves are what some would call evil elves. They tend to delve more in assassinations, night raids and necromancy, worshiping the dead, balancing out their cousins who worship life.

The other issue, though a little less major, bothers me a little. Your bio paragraphs are barely that, averaging between 3 to 4 sentences. It's a little too short to my taste, as I've always been taught that a paragraph needs 5 sentences minimum. I can understand if it work in progress, but I'll ask a little more development before accepting your character, if it's not too much to ask =J

SweetRevenge

I'll be doing a few tweaks here and there with a few things in the story base. Notably the date. 2026 is slightly too soon, and I'll bump it up 10 years. We'll have a better age group to work with, given that this RP is most likely ranking itself in Exotic or Extreme. However, some thing remain the same, such as the date where magic began to return, 2012. The war started off in 2021, and fae have been around before that, only nothing was quite confirmed or believed. So the war has been raging on for 15 years...

Red Stella

Dearest GM, do you want our WIP character sheets PMed to you or posted her Eyes?

Also, if anyone has suggestions on weaknesses for a hybrid (human/Elf), I would be eternally grateful.  Really. 

Rajah

Quote from: Red Stella on September 25, 2014, 07:21:20 PMAlso, if anyone has suggestions on weaknesses for a hybrid (human/Elf), I would be eternally grateful.  Really.

Breaking promises causes organ failure. Cold iron weapons ignore magical and mundane defenses, cutting flesh like smoke and bone like soft clay. Constant dizziness and disorientation in cities and industrial sites. Cannot voluntarily end a source of music by any means, whether killing a singer or destroying a machine with an active speaker system. Cannot breath air unscented by soil-rooted flowers for longer than an hours' time without asphyxiating. Animal blood shed by inorganic tools acts as a contact neurotoxin.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Red Stella

Quote from: Rajah on September 25, 2014, 10:40:59 PM
Breaking promises causes organ failure. Cold iron weapons ignore magical and mundane defenses, cutting flesh like smoke and bone like soft clay. Constant dizziness and disorientation in cities and industrial sites. Cannot voluntarily end a source of music by any means, whether killing a singer or destroying a machine with an active speaker system. Cannot breath air unscented by soil-rooted flowers for longer than an hours' time without asphyxiating. Animal blood shed by inorganic tools acts as a contact neurotoxin.

Ooh, I like the way your mind works!!

Many thanks.

TheHangedOne

Just remember, when it comes to breaking a promise, it's pretty subjective. Elves, and Faeries, and even demons, have been known to be very creative in how they honor their promises/deals. >:)
Check out my poet tree!

SweetRevenge

Quote from: Red Stella on September 25, 2014, 07:21:20 PM
Dearest GM, do you want our WIP character sheets PMed to you or posted her Eyes?

Also, if anyone has suggestions on weaknesses for a hybrid (human/Elf), I would be eternally grateful.  Really.

I'd rather the WIP's to be posted here, in fact. =J It gives us all a chance to have a good idea what each other feels like playing, sometimes to stir up our muses when they grow cold, if anyone has any suggestions to add the the character or to make sure that we dont end up doing the same things =P

As for weaknesses, maybe a fear of fire could be interesting. Other listed ideas are good as well, especially the cold iron, since that will actually influence the story and the weapons that the Resistance began using since the beginning of the war. It's just an idea, you don't have to take it if you don't find it interesting

Red Stella

I've gone for one from column A and one from column B. 

Here's my CS.  Feel free to comment, etc.  :)

WIP

Name: Laurel Rafferty
Race: Human-Elf Hybrid
Age, Sex and Orientation: 20, female, straight.
Affiliation: Neutral
Powers/Weapons: Artificer - creates and enchants charms, talismans, foci, etc., specializing in crystal, gemstones, and metal. 
Earth magic - can easily locate and extract materials.
Low-light Vision - can see twice as far as normal humans in dim light, and retains colour vision.
Blade combat - proficient with small blades and short swords.
Weakness: Pyrophobia - Fear of fire; anything bigger than a candle flame or a small, very controlled cooking fire.  Cold iron weapons ignore magical and mundane defences, cutting flesh like smoke and bone like soft clay.

Personality: Laurel is a friendly young woman on the surface.  She really does like people, but because of what she is and what she can do, she has learned to be careful.  She has a temper, although it's on a long fuse, and is frequently overridden by her sense of humour.

Biography: Kate Rafferty, Laurel's mother, was eighteen when she was raped.  She and two friends were further away from the safety of the city than they should have been, and ran into the wrong sort of Elves.   Kate was the least injured at the end of the night but the most affected by it.  Her parents were supportive of her choices when they learned she was pregnant. Unfortunately abortion turned out to be impossible. 

Laurel was loved and cared for, never blamed by her family for the actions of her biological father.  Of course, people will talk.  The older Laurel got, the more obvious her gifts became and not everyone was as understanding.  At age ten she was taken to a village far from the city to live with her paternal aunt.  The woman was an herbalist and too valuable to the village for anyone to cause trouble for her niece. 

All good things come to an end, and Laurel moved on to a new village when she turned eighteen.  Her talent for creating charms and other items made her useful to magic users in particular.  There have been opportunities for her to profit from the creation of items of a harmful-to-others nature; so far, she has refused.  Not everyone takes “no” well, which can be troublesome.

It’s difficult not taking a side in the conflict.  Laurel understands that it’s a war; it’s kind of hard not to.  The problem is it’s not just two obvious good versus evil sides.   There are humans on more than one side, as are there Fae, and there are good and bad people in all the groups.  There’s no sign of anything remotely approaching a treaty or agreement between the sides, and she worries she’ll be forced to choose at some point.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Red Stella

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 27, 2014, 11:25:22 AM
Finally updated mine. Let me know what you think.

I like it, especially his history.

If you get a chance to look at mine, feel free to make suggestions or corrections.  :)

TheHangedOne

Glad you like it.  :-)

Laurel looks pretty interesting, and it makes me wonder if you want to establish some sort of history between our characters? Maybe he lives in the same stretch of forest near her village. And both being half-thing's gives them a point of commonality.  Leofwine is also pretty neutral in regards to the war, caring more about preserving nature than in any particular race.  Though, I suppose that makes him lean more towards the Fae than humans.
Check out my poet tree!

Red Stella

I think that's an excellent idea!

They could have met when she ventured into the forest in search of components - which Laurel does with appropriate care and respect. 

Some of the more martial of the Fae may not be as concerned about preserving nature in the heat of battle, just as many Hybrids and humans do care about nature.  That's one of the main reasons Laurel is neutral; there are good and bad people among the Fae and the humans.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 28, 2014, 07:35:25 AM
Laurel looks pretty interesting, and it makes me wonder if you want to establish some sort of history between our characters? Maybe he lives in the same stretch of forest near her village. And both being half-thing's gives them a point of commonality.  Leofwine is also pretty neutral in regards to the war, caring more about preserving nature than in any particular race.  Though, I suppose that makes him lean more towards the Fae than humans.

TheHangedOne

That's a good point, about the Fae.

And yeah, I like that idea.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

SweetRevenge

He seems about right. I've been working on him for a while, finally fleshed him enough to have something that holds. See what you guys think =J

Name: Darius Von Stromm, the Dragon Battlemage
Race: Half-dragon hybrid with ancient demonic lineage
Age, Sex and Orientation: 23, male, seems straight but secretly bi.
Affiliation: Ex-Resistance, now gone Rogue (his presence and motives are uncertain to both sides, as he may attack either of them).
Powers/Weapons:
Eyes are blue instead of red, I just didnt get around the editing it yet, I'll update later when I have a bit more time. Only image I found that befit what my mind wanted XP
Appearance during most battles and fights
The man uses magic as a main offensive when things can get loud, but is found to also carry human weapons. Darius will be found with a .50 Sniper rifle with 2 clips with cold iron rounds, and twin semi-automatic pistols on each thigh.

Darius elected to be a battlemage, one of the strongest forms of mages to walk the sides of the Resistance. These mages all specialized in destructive and powerful magic, and training the future mages to master as many different magic and knowledge was the duty of the Academies. Darius was already able to use 2 of some of the most destructive types from his bloodlines; demonic and draconic, with some spells considered ancient. He isnt quite sure what he's doing sometimes in those cases truly, as limited information is being fed to him by is darker side as things go, and is very instinctual. His magic has a large inclination to chaote magic, and pulls it's tendencies from many different roots, like the 4 elements for example.

Daruis' strongest ones he uses are known as the Grand Division Arc magic, which specializes in dividing, or cutting matter itself. Also known as Great Slicing magic. In concentrated amounts, it can appear as swords that fly around the user. They fly like the wind and cleave through whatever stands in their way, may it be foes, trees, a wall or the ground (of course he doesn't cleave through the ground, but it will leave a trench in the ground with enough force into it). Elementalists call this one of the extremes of the air elemental magic. Though it is his strongest form of magic, it isn't the one he always uses, resorting it whenever he faces tougher enemies.

Born with faint residues of a dark ancestor, Darius passed many years tormented before truly regaining his hold over himself. Now, not only does it bring forth his draconic side, but he wields darkness like a cloak, and wreak havoc amongst the battlefield. Manifesting 2 large magic circles above his shoulders, they are the main means which he casts magic, though not the only ones. These are usually mirror to one another, but the mage is able to use one at a time if he so desires. These have different properties with the different characters and shapes that appear inside. They are created by his will, and are firstly created in his mind. He has to imagine them, and every moment that happens with as much accuracy as possible. Working with his entity, he resonates his soul closest to his magical sides, changing his body accordingly. Darius isn't fond of this because no one stands this form without horror or disgust as his body warps into that of a dragon's. Rare does he ever take on a full dragon's form, and often partially morphs his body or develops some parts of his father's side, such as spikes, horns, claws, scales, larger forearms, jaws, even wings and a tail.

But secretly, his strongest magic is a simpler kind; enchantments on objects. He always had a strong sense to his own energies and as magic grew stronger, so did he. His enchantments are rather powerful, but these require a ritual that can, depending on the enchantment's strength, take much energy and time. It also demands a near-controlled environment with no disturbances. These sometimes seem to have pagan backgrounds in them. They often function as buffs and protection wards, shielding the protector from certain types of spells or magic, or to help with healing processes.

Weakness: Holy water, for one, causes red burns on his skin. His unwanted hybrid self also hinders him to social extents. Has a knack of going 'full-throttle' and running out of energy, doesn't fare well with teams. A little of a loose cannon, his rudeness and lack of tact with others can seem arrogant or outright mean. He also doesn't like it when people see him use magic, as his dragonic side grows as he uses stronger powers. In battle, he is often cloaked and by himself, preferably on higher ground and away from everyone, so they can't see all exactly how his magic twists his human body, so his spells and abilities pass overhead and land on desired enemies without hitting friendlies as much as possible. Darius has also developed a more grey area of mindset, accepting the demon's inherent presence in his blood (explained more in bio)

Personality: Arrogant, selfish and a spirit that yearns for freedom, Darius isn't the easiest person to handle. He knows politeness, but doesn't always use it. His tact is near zero and rarely has much to chatter about. Much of a workaholic, he's devoted most of his life to magic and his chaote-style practices, one which melds many different forms which the practitioner feels more in-tuned with. A small fear of crowds makes him nervous when there are many people around, and will often opt to be more on an observation advantage and out of the group. He doesn't enjoy thinking about family, or his origins and despises both. Though he has accepted what he is, he isn't always fond of what he becomes, and will push people away before he harms them. His darkness that flows in his blood and his past make him a sour and hateful person, who lives in great pessimism and rare hope. Darius rarely gets attached to anyone, but if he does, he tends to be a lighter and happier soul, with somewhat of an easy-going and laid back attitude. The sense/need of freedom never leaves.

Biography: Darius was the issue of the rare offspring that survived a woman being raped by a dragon 3 years before the war started. By then, things hadn't gotten so bad, and no one believes his mother, that is until they saw her son that she gave birth to. At first, they thought it was hostile human enemies that had attacked in the middle of the night. Every one evacuated the city when the sounds of loud crashing and fire started spreading. His mother was one of the first few houses to be struck, and the dragon that attacked her played with his 'toy' in the most vile of ways, destroying her honor, her spirit and her esteem as he defiled her. Choosing to let her live instead of killing her as extra torture, the dragon left to raid more homes, leaving the woman on the ground in her destroyed home.

She was awoken by rescue guards the next day, aching everywhere. She was brought to the hospital and kept there for a while to restore herself. She began feeling the morning sickness after a week in the hospital, and discovered that what she hoped was just an awful nightmare after being knocked in the head from debris, had some truth to it. All that was detected by the doctors were that she was impregnated. She demanded an abortion, and so she took appointment for it. But the procedure failed, the fetus remained untouched and intact, the the dismay of all the staff present. She was truly stuck with this child, after trying multiple times, with different clinics. She bore hatred for this child she never asked for, who ruined her life. And as nature goes, 9 months past, she went into labor and gave birth to a... normal human son. She was slightly puzzled, but happy that she didn't give birth to a scaly monster. It didn't make up for the fact that he was issue from intercourse that was never intended. But maybe, just maybe, this child would grow up to be a normal human being. A futile hope, but she was able to grasp that hope until his was 3. At that age, tiny little spikes began to poke from the contour of his visage, his shoulders, elbows, and knees. Dread flooded his mother when she first remarked these, and deep down, knew her hopes were nothing but desperate dreams. 4 years later, the declaration of war started, and the full-on display of the Fae forces displayed for the world to see. They understood how humans communicated and got a hold of the equipment, with the help of some rebels garbed in green hoods and cloaks. The Fae displayed worldwide the battle the first took humans by surprise, nearly destroying a whole city and killing most of it's civilians before evacuation was possible. They fully demonstrated the power of magic they had awoken, truly destructive forces that raged through the city, before the attacks began to spread around the globe. 

With features that began growing in that were less human, the little love that he received from his mother shut out like a candle. With little money, his mother managed as she could to raise him and survive, but she put herself before her son. He was taught early on that he had to keep his head down and mouth shut, or bad things happened. The Von Stromm used to have money, but the issues of the last generation ruined them completely as one of their main holders was caught red handed in drug deals and weapon contraband. Their holdings was seized and the name was stained since, but everyone knew that they were never a 'straight' family in the first place. Darkness and 'evil' seemed to be in their blood. Darius wasn't raised on the nice side of town. Soon, he already pushed people away and bore scary blue eyes that glowed with his emotions. And as years progressed something stirred up inside, as depression, hatred and the sight of death soaked his soul.

Darius first started out as a lone swordsman in his childhood. He would go out in the back alleys with iron pipes and swing them around, to his own beat and imagination. His depressive lifestyle made him wish he could be a swordsman, but lacked will, motivation and strength to do anything about it. His blood mix didn't quite get along, and there were repercussions; his body was weaker, developed little muscle mass and had low stamina. Plus, it wasn't something his mother encouraged, but she never encouraged anything in the first place. He couldn't quite use his dragon abilities, they barely showed in the first place. At first, all he had were a few spikes and a set of little horns that prodded above his hair. As his emotions darkened more and more, something else awoke in him, something that was asleep in his lineage for a long time, waiting for the right one to present himself. His teenage years not helping his strength problem, his irregular blood began clashing a little as they fought over which would be-throne this vessel; the demon or the dragon. Having conflicting sides within his own mind and spirit, it took much time and meditation to reach a point where he could do something about himself.

When he reached sixteen, the boy left the home and headed to meditate, with something heavy on his mind. Sitting down with himself, he zoned everything else out and asked himself the fundamental questions. Who he wanted to be, to solve his current issues that fought within his body and what needed to be done to accomplish that. He was a smart kid, and calmly looked over his whole life and what he thrived for. It was then that he truly approached his inner fighting core and waged things out. Setting the deal between the 2 entities that fought over him, coming to an understanding. He had found his will; to thrive with these forces within. With that will, he was able to merge them both together. The demon didn't complain, he gained the powers and appearance of a dragon. The dragonic side gained their vessel and thrived off their united energies and in exchange, becoming the foundation if his true magical strength. And when such happened, he found out that he could use a lot of power. Seeing what he could with himself, he set himself on a new goal, use this strength to change his world.

Darius left his hateful mother, enrolling into a boarding Academy for Mages. His mind set on controlling not only the forces he was born with, but also those around him, his cold determination and sharp mind allowed him to learn quickly and progress quicker than most. As his magical abilities opened up, the demon that delved within him began helping him out by revealing to him spells, dances and incantations, but only when things required it. It wasn't very often that it would simply willingly help him out, often leaving him to his own to test his determination and capabilities. When results were decent, he was a little more amiable. The Academy years brought him much knowledge and power, more power than he ever thought he could wield with a body that wasn't so strong. By going for a chaote aspect over magic, he was able to use a variety of different magic that sometimes didn't get along. He took what he found useful and warped it to his needing, to his interpretation and used his strong magical flow to bring from these interpretations into reality, the second foundation of his magic. Darius had a better hold of his draconic powers, and was able to morph more to his father's ancestry, so he was able to make up for a weaker body in a pinch by adopting a stronger one. He wielded a power that placed him as a high-rank battlemage by the Graduation Mage Ascension Test, which grades it's graduates to the positions their magical abilities would suit them best after their years of training and specialization.

Darius was placed in the Resistance, the military forces that fought against the invading Fae and protected human civilians. They were specialized in dealing with different fae, from demons to angels, passing by elves, fairies, dragons and leviathans. With every year, new varieties of different fae kept being discovered, as the world that we once knew began to change and warp with their presence. Darius remained under orders for a few years, 2 years and 11 months to be exact, before breaking out of the Resistance forces. After several warnings of excessive and over-destructive magic use, Darius grew sick and tired of the human ways. Tired of their constant hypocrisy, of the lies that were always told to everyone and how everyone complained, but rare did anything about problems. And their unwillingness to take greater measures. He began to act to his own will on missions, Darius embraced his darker side even more, living for the freedom of using his powers for no one else but himself instead.. His mission was to hold down a fort that was being under siege by fae, a Resistance strong point that had held up since the beginning of the war. As his final sendoff to the Administration as departure message, he tore down the fort's walls and allowed the fae to run within the fortress. During that fight, he fought both the human Resistance and the attacking fae in a flurry of destructive magic and frayed himself a path through the battlefield to reach the edges of the battle and escape in the wilderness. He knew they wouldn't chase someone like him, it would involve too many risks. To retrieve an out-of-control hybrid battlemage? Pah, it made no sense, no one would chase after him afterwards. He demonstrated how he fared with no rules binding him, and they already had much on their hands...

Leaving most human civilization behind He could fly the skies wherever he wanted, eat whatever he wanted. Making a bit of money wasn't too hard out in the raging war zones. Though the Green Rebels approached Darius before, the man simply showed his face, with spikes and horns and glared straight in their eyes before simply telling them that he would take contracts or jobs from them when needed, but he wouldn't tie himself to them nor would he promise of any friendly casualties. With hard restrictions as such, they only contacted him when they really needed. He extended the same offer to the Resistance, who also swallowed it hard. But the raging war was now his home, and his income. 

Drake Valentine

WIP

Name:
Kido, Taiga
Race:
Ghoul
Age, Sex and Orientation:
Twenty-five(by human standards), Male, Hetrosexual
Affiliation:
Fae
Powers/Weapons:
Disease/Contaminant Immunity: Poison, venom, viruses, radiation, diseases natural or manmade, bacteria, everything of that nature is useless against him. He can even survive off of eating raw or rotten meat.

Enhanced Durability, Endurance, Speed, Reflexes, and Strength: His physical abilities are above the average human, but nothing more than that. He can run for long periods of time without tiring, lift twice his physical weight with ease, and even dash up to 20mph in speed. His body is able to sustain heavy damage, including taking a shotgun round to the chest without being killed. Though he will need time to heal after the initial blast.  His reflexes are also enhanced enough to follow the trajectory path of  a projectile if it hasn't already been fired at him and the paths of physical attacks if his opponents aren't super-humanely faster than him.

Enhanced Senses: His five senses are beyond a normal human’s, most notably his sense of smell. This fact alone is a rumored reason to him shielding his nose wherever he goes.

Natural Recovery: His wounds are able to heal, but generally it takes time for them to do so and often he recovers faster when feeding as humanoid essence does greatly contribute to his regeneration; up to healing destroyed or burnt tissue and mending broken bones.

Able to Exceed Human Limits: His biggest of actual powers, he can go above and beyond the limits of a human being, thusly capable of expanding a physical attribute tenfold. Unfortunately, this too has its limits, he is no where near perfection and the physical body can only take upon so much strain of being pushed beyond its capacity. Prolonged use or going overboard will cause his body to quickly collapse and physically begin to break down, leaving him vulnerable till he may have time enough to recover and heal. Being ‘young,’ ten times is still his present limit and even those are instant rushes of power; he can last longer by exceeding less of what the human body may be capable of.  In short, he give his body 'adrenaline' boosts to perform superhuman feats for limited amounts of time or split seconds if he is ten-folding his power. 

Semi-Immortality: Only in the sense of his aging is decelerated and that he can survive most lethal blows that would kill a normal human being.

Strengths:
Martial Arts Training: Jujutsu & Jeet Kune Do, although he is no expert in either field, he can easily hold his own against most opponents who may be armed or unarmed and knows how to disarm armed individuals.
Street Smarts: He possesses a high amount of common sense when it comes to life on the streets. He is observant of his surroundings wherever he goes and often makes a mental layout of the area he may be in. He knows how to navigate through streets and how to blend in with the crowds, although he may come off as an oddball most of the time with something wrapped over his nose.
Nocturnal: Night is his lifestyle and his eyes are unhindered by the dark. Even if he was somewhere pitch black, he can still see fairly well and navigate his way out.
Free Running / Nimble: Another part of growing up on the streets, before his martial arts training, he has always been naturally nimble. With most of his years of past and present training in fighting, he has become more adapted to his body capabilities and also how to use it with his surroundings, being able to scale over most objects or make jumps that seem impossible(nothing far fetch, unless he is exceeding his limits) possible.
Cold Blooded Killer: For better or for worse, he is a killer. He is not the type to hesitate when taking another‘s life if pushed nor is he one to think twice on the act given the scenario.
Weakness:
Immortality: He is no where near immortal, in fact there are plenty ways to kill a Ghoul. Fire, decapitation, enough damage to the brain.
Bit of Sociopath: He has a hard time dealing with people or becoming part of the ‘norm.’ Sit down talks are the most interesting things involving him and his topics of interest may scare most people. As a result, he often keeps to himself.
Lack of firearm knowledge:  He has little to no interest in using firearms. Preferably he would avoid them altogether, although there are some that are trying to push him into learning.
Lack of weapon training: At most he knows how to disarm armed opponents; though those techniques are mainly from his unarmed combat skills.
Sunlight: Although it will not kill him it does weaken him physically towards a more human level in attributes, minus his natural ability to exceed human limits.
Fire: A despicable element, one he loathes with a passion. It is his main bane and kryptonite.
Cold Blooded Killer:  Although he may be a murder, he is presently on a thin line of good and evil in that regard. More so on the fact that he has reframed from killing someone who may be an ’innocent.’ Most of his hunts are often criminals and general scum that inhabitants the world whether they be humans, fae, or a mixture of the both. 

Personality:
Sadistic: When it comes to murder he takes it to a whole new level. He brings forth the wrath of God upon his foes, taking it to an extreme of ripping them limb from limb and sometimes taking others alive to torture before he kills and eats them. Still, he is careful in most regards, the only evidence he leaves behind is the large blood splatters in whatever terrain the deeds may take place within.
Secretive: He usually keeps to himself and doesn’t go about telling much of his business to anyone. In fact, he is a wonderful listener, the best one may ever find to tell all their dirty secrets to. Why? Because he just doesn’t give a shit about them and will never tell anyone. What would he get from talking about others when he hardly talks about himself?
Honorable: To an extent. His nobility is usually from how he was raised, however he won’t stray far of putting a boot upside someone’s head when they are down on the ground. On the contrary, he often avoids touching innocent civilians or bystanders who are trying to live their daily lives. Criminals and evildoers on the other hand? Why, that sounds like a delicacy.
Loyal: To another extent. He will follow most orders that are given to him, but if there is something that trails the thin line of his twisted values than he will refuse. He still has a mind of his own, although he will never do anything that may jeopardize or betray those he aligns with.
Mysterious: It is hard for many to tell what he is thinking and still there are some within the Fae community struggling to figure him out.  In fact, there are things he may do that might not even seem like him, but they are small and meager habits that are usually forgotten later.
Vengeful: He will go out of his way to get someone back, he is the last person any may wish to piss off; depending on the circumstances is a matter of life and death.

Biography:
WIP

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

SweetRevenge

Just a little nudge to see how some of you are doing/progressing. I'll try getting around to developing the thread into more detail about the present situation and all. It's all nice to know what's happened, but it'll be nice to have a context that'll hold itself =J