Power Rangers [Recruitment Thread - Really Need 1 Female Ranger!!!!!]

Started by Dark Deception, September 04, 2011, 10:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iridum248

Hmmm? I've actually been waiting for the others to post, and I'm at the same rate as the other players.

Still, this one really brings me back. I remember watching the original Power Rangers when I was younger, before moving onto Super Sentai in general. It's amazing how different the shows are, even though they technically use the same footage for in-suit action. (I did find Super Sentai more coherent, of course.)

Starlequin

You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Vergil1989

Sorry Iridium.  I sent a PM to ya just a few seconds ago, hoping to clear that rather ill conceived comment up a bit.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vergil1989

And got my own person going at last.  Hope you approve Dark Deception.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Dark Deception

Hey guys,

Sorry about the silence. I was beating a level on a game. At this rate, we may max out the roster before Saturday. Yes, I'm still accepting applications as the title says (for any who are browsing). Just keep sending me your apps until the roster maxes out. When the roster maxes out, I'm going to do a final read over each one and announce who will be the rangers in this game.

Remember though, if you don't get picked do not treat it like the end of the world. I don't want to sound hopeless, but you never know if we'll have drop outs. I hope we don't have any, but lately I've seen some in the games I've been participating in. So you all who have applied to this game, if you're not accepted at the beginning you're alternates.

Also, later in the game, in one of the acts, I may be introducing two new rangers as I have done in the past. But we'll see how far and how long this game lasts first. I hope I got a dedicated group.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Vergil1989

Sounds like a plan to me.  I hope this goes well DD and regardless of who you pick, I am sure it'll go quite well.  You seem quite the competent GM which is not as common a thing as I'd like around here to tell the truth.

Dark Deception

Hm...at this rate I may not have to deny any profiles lol but there will need to be small adjustments. There are two players with the exact same power.

Vergil1989

Really?  Huh, wonder who does and what the power is?  Just curious.

SargentToughie

I hope it's not mine.

Can you spoil that much for me? Is it me and somebody else?
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Dark Deception

SargentToughie

If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Dark Deception

lol That made me feel like we were playing some Murder Mystery...and the one who did it is..........YOU!

Starlequin

Haha, no kidding? I'll take another power then, if I end up selected.

Edit: if ever there was a use for that damn /you tag... :D
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Dark Deception

Hm...I guess we aren't getting anymore people. I'll get everything set up tomorrow.

Dark Deception

All right. I've closed the thread to any new applications and because you guys were the only six to have sent me profiles, you're all accepted.

What we're going to do now is, I'm going to make the Character Thread, and you guys will submit your profiles to the Character Thread. There are incidents where one of you chose the same job as another, but when you're able to glance over each other's profiles, I'm sure you'll be able to cooperate with each other and make changes.

So for now, we're just going to focus on getting that straightened out, and once that is done, I'll post up the IC since I already have it written.

Dark Deception

And here's the Character Thread

I'll be adding this to the front page under Links. Be sure to Bookmark this so you'll have it.

Dark Deception

The OOC so we won't be spamming the Group Roleplays Wanted section  O:)

OOC

Darwishi

Human Portion

Name: Katheryn Jasmine "Jade" Green
Alias: Blue--Jazz
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 180 lbs. (81.64 kg)
Visual Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Written Appearance: Kate is a tall woman with a physique fit of a break-dancer.  Her upper and lower body are both well muscled though still retaining that feminine curve.  She has high cheekbones, slight sunkissed skin, and dirty blonde hair.  Her breasts are on the larger side at a 36C, sporting flat abs, long, but well toned and thick thighs and a round bubble butt that would make a good many black girls jealous.  Her broad shoulders and toned body are great for dancing and pulling off tricks.  She doesn't partner that well due to her height, but she never let that stop her before.
Personality: Kate's fun loving and a go-get-it kind of girl.  She's never thought too much on her decisions before acting on them and has been known in the past to let her anger get the best of her.  She's over protective of those that she lets beyond a typical friendship, especially smaller women that don't know how to stick up for themselves.  She has a hard time holding back her opinion or her fists.  She's more feminist than she'd like to admit, and pretty damn stubborn as well.
Likes: Break dancing, Parkour, Krav Maga.  Anything really where she gets to show off her athleticism and use it efficiently.  She's bi with a leaning towards boys over girls.  If she were to settle down, she always imagines it being with a guy, though she doesn't mind a rough romp with a girl every now and again. Teddy bears, cute animals, romantic dinners, flowers...
Dislikes:  Abusers. Those that would use their positions to manipulate others.  Olives. Bondage.
Quirks: She tends to speak her mind, even if it'll get her kicked out of a function for disagreeing with her boss. Her eyes turn baby blue when she's using her powers.  When she's exerting a lot of energy to her powers they turn a bright, glowing blue. 
Talents: She's trained in Krav Maga ever since she was old enough to register for classes.  (Read: Age 5).  She's trained in Parkour for ten years, allowing her to get across the city faster than most. She's also trained in break dancing for nearly as long as she's been in the martial arts classes.  One for an escape from her life, the other as a self-defense. She's played several sports in high school including softball, soccer, and swim-team, but wasn't good enough at any of them to make it to the collegiate level.
Education: Angel Grove Academy of Dance (AGAD), Graduated 2 years ago.
Occupation: Waitress at the Kitty Kat Club.  Ex-Dancer for Break a Leg Dance Troupe.
Background: Kate, for the first five years of her life, grew up in an abusive household.  Her father would constantly drink, get angry, and then hit her mother.  At the first signs of him turning that aggression on young Kate, her mother picked them up and moved away.  At the same time her mom enrolled her in self defense classes that quickly turned into Krav Maga classes when Kate showed an interest in the Israli martial arts.  Not long after she discovered the different things the body is capable of, she saw a break dancer in Angel Grove's park, doing tricks and things that her mother told her to never do.

So she ignored her mom's advice and tried the tricks on her own.  Thanks to the Krav Maga training she had the strength to pull off a lot of the tricks, though not near the skill required.  She practiced for several years finally joining a group of friends in battles and only making herself better and stronger.  At fourteen she was introduced to Parkour by way of a friend at one of the break-dance battles, and she was quickly hooked.  Now managing all three, plus the sports at her high school, Kate found she had little or no time for relationships.  In hindsight, that's probably the way her mother wanted it, and ultimately she found her way using her skills to make some money and help her mom make ends meet.

By the time graduation rolled around, she'd been making money at the battles on a regular basis.  The only minor hiccup she'd ever hit was when her father showed up after the graduation.  Now that she'd filled out, he'd wanted to mend his relationship with her.  She wasn't buying it.  He got angry and slung a punch at her.  She broke his arm in four different places and told him that she didn't ever want to see him again.  After graduation she got accepted into AGAD along with her friends.  They formed the troupe Break a Leg, based on break dancing and the old addage.  They got sponsored shortly before their graduation from the Angel Grove Academy of Dance, and things really seemed to be on the up and up.

While the money from being a part of a dance troupe was great, it wasn't paying the legal fees as well as she'd hoped for her mom to keep her father at bay.  Combine that with the fact that Kate had a constant traveling schedule she couldn't make sure her mom would be alright.  Not physically, but she could pay for the lawyer.  Or so she thought, but as fees stacked up she had to take a second job at the Kitty Kat Club.

The Kitty Kat Club is an adult sports bar/grill on one side, and a strip club/bar on the other.  The wait-staff is all females dressed up in skin-tight cat costumes with high heels.  The sports bar is officially called the Kitten Club (meant for a "safe" environment for the younger clientele) and the strip club is the Pussy Cat Club.  Waitresses work on both sides, though the Pussy Cat club tends to have far better tips, but you also have to deal with clients that get a little handsy.  And being handsy is fine, so long as the girl doesn't tell them no.  That's half the reason Kate was hired in the first place.  Although there, she goes by Jade, something slightly more exotic thank home-grown Kate.  Most patrons know to stop after the no is given, those that don't get thrown out by the bouncers, but it helps when one of your waitresses can do that on their own and they don't have to wait for a bouncer to free up.

It's a place where she can use her looks and her skills all in one place.  However at Break a Leg their sponsor had to hand things over to a liason.  One that frequented the Pussy Cat Lounge and immediately recognized Kate as being Jade.  Seeing his opportunity, he waited for her to be alone after a practice and called her into his office.  He'd told her that he knew about her and her job.  Which she didn't feel threatened by, he was another man trying to use his position of power over her.  As she was turning to leave though, he came up behind her and smacked her in the ass so hard that it sounded like a gunshot.  The spandex did little to protect her derriere, and as she spun to confront him, he deftly grabbed her by the crotch, rubbing his fingers lewdly around her slit.  Her face lit up with anger and in the next second he was on the floor with a shattered jaw, then a kick to the ribs for good measure.

She left and that was the end of that. Unfortunately he managed to spin it that she was upset about the way he was managing things and broke his jaw in a fit of anger.  The sponsor fired her from the troupe and her friends quietly backed down, that was their living they couldn't just leave it.  It pissed her off, but due to the scrape the Kitty Kat Club gave her a promotion as head waitress and a raise.  Though the real reason is that they see her aggression and channel it towards the creeps in the club.  The liason for the troupe is banned as he should be, though now she's stuck back with one job trying to help her mom make ends meet. 

Ranger Portion

Special Ability: Telekinesis.
Primary Weapon: Telekinetic Shield
Secondary Weapon: Telescopic Staff
Ranged Weapon: Telekinetic blast.
Miscellaneous: The telescopic staff is held on her belt along her back.  It starts out as a one-foot long staff and grows to be six feet long, made of an alien allow that can withstand great forces.  It's her own physical weapon, everything else based on her telekinesis.  Everything to do with her telekinesis comes in a transparent, glowing, bright blue color.
Job: Vanguard

Mech Portion

Visual Appearance:

Schematics:Her bike can reach speeds up to Mach 1, the system in the bike allows her to use the computer navigation to steer so she doesn't run into anyone or anything unless she's trying to use it to slice into a monster.  The headlights on the bike can amplify and project a massive plasma force-field to shield herself from enemy fire, or otherwise shoot plasma blasts at an enemy. 

As her mech transforms into a more humanoid form it's built light and agile, able to run at great speeds, flip, jump, and kick her way through the front lines.  Her forearms and shins are lined with plasma blades with a molecular sharpness that can cut through just about anything. 

Weapons: The only official weapons on the mech are the headlights that shoot the plasma blasts at an enemy.  When transformed into the humanoid mech, the headlights pop up and over each fist, allowing for either a spike of plasma energy to be formed or else a plasma shield.
Part: Shield

Dark Deception

The only thing that confuses me about the mech portion is when you talk about the bike AND the mech. You should talk about all functions of the bike, and then all functions of the mech because when you talk about them together, you make me think you have a bike AND a mech. You only get one machine.

As for the mech part, your character should be the sword. Because I was thinking, the Deus won't always have to carry it. Your mech could fly and cleave through enemies as well.  ;D

Darwishi

Quote from: Dark Deception on September 18, 2011, 06:23:20 PM
The only thing that confuses me about the mech portion is when you talk about the bike AND the mech. You should talk about all functions of the bike, and then all functions of the mech because when you talk about them together, you make me think you have a bike AND a mech. You only get one machine.

As for the mech part, your character should be the sword. Because I was thinking, the Deus won't always have to carry it. Your mech could fly and cleave through enemies as well.  ;D

Sure thing.  I think I'm going to have to find a different picture for her mech.  Being as it needs to transform from a vehicle to a combat mode, right?

Dark Deception

Yes. Because the transport mode is for your character. The mech mode should be the battle mode. It's like transformers.

Darwishi

What if I change it to this?  And...ya know, change it from pink to blue. XD

Darwishi

Actually, I'd rather change it to this, although I'm not sure of what abilities should be.  Also, how big are these Mechs supposed to be? Are they giant like in the show?

Dark Deception

I guess they can be. I think you're thinking too much about it but that picture is fine. What about your Mech description and Mech Part? You still need to update those sections.

You're missing occupation for the Ranger Portion of your profile as well. We discussed it was going to be Vanguard.

Also, don't you think having a shield as a secondary weapon would make sense since you don't have a shielding device to fit the vanguard role.

I'm also thinking about something. She has a shield and protective position yet she's going to be the sword of the Deus? You think she'd be its shield.

Darwishi

Hey, you said she should be the sword. =P  I'll change the profile and everything now, I was mostly editing pictures last night for her mech and getting that out.

EDIT:   The edits have been made.  Everything is now based heavily on her telekinetic abilities. XD