Is it okay to post on other people's introduction threads?

Started by Lady Shadow, January 08, 2017, 08:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Shadow

Hey newbie here!

So I am just hanging out waiting on approval status, and I was just wondering if I could post on other's introduction threads? I mean it might be a silly question, but I don't want to step on any toes. I mean wouldn't it be sort of pretentious to welcome other members when I am not even a menber myself? Haha, I feel like I am asking such a stupid question.
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

firepyre

I did, and they still accepted me. ^^

I doubt anyone will mind so long as you're friendly about it, but if you still have concerns I'd suggest asking again in the doormat. You'll probably get an answer from a mentor fairly quickly that way.

Beguile's Mistress

It's fine to post on newbie threads and welcome them or ask a fun question if there is room.  Welcoming our new members is a great thing to do.

Lady Shadow

Thanks for the replies! I only posted one newbie's thread cause I'm still nervous. Call it OCD of not getting accepted. Haha.
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Ariel

You are definitely encouraged to engage in as many intros as you'd like! However, please be sure to check for the following things: if the applicant wants crazy questions and/or prompts and if there is room for your question. If an applicant has chosen neither questions nor prompts, then we ask that you only welcome them to the site and leave anything further for the mentors. If an applicant already has three unanswered questions waiting for them, we ask that you don't leave a fourth, because we don't want to overwhelm our applicants upon their return. Once you've checked and neither of these things have occurred, then you can ask away! We encourage it! But don't forget about your introduction thread, you must be active there too. :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving