News:

Main Menu

Concerts

Started by Sasquatch421, April 13, 2012, 07:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

Well now it's springtime heading towards summer and around where I'm at concerts start springing up. I'm curious to who you have all seen and which have been your favs? My list is as follows...

Jackyl- 3 times
Pat Benetar
Quiet Riot
Poison
Vince Neil
Heart
Eddie Money
Skid Row- twice
Firehouse
Lynyrd Skynard
Kansas
Rick Springfeild
Night Ranger
Loverboy
Big & Rich
The Zach Brown Band
Montgomery Gentry
Clint Black
Wynonna Judd

My favorites so far has been Jackyl, Skid Row, Heart, Night Ranger, Firehouse, Poison and Quiet Riot...

JackWhite

AFI
Bad Religion
Coliseum
DragonForce
Face to Face
Flatcat
Gino's Eyeball
Less Than Jake
LIT
No Use For A Name
Pennywise
Pour Habit
Rise Against
Sum 41
The Bouncing Souls
The Black Pacific
The Octopussys (2x)
Zebrahead (2x)
88 Fingers Louie

Gonna add: Anti-Flag, Simple Plan, Good Riddance, Refused & MxPx to the list in two weeks

Sasquatch421

I'd love to see AFI and Sum 41...

JackWhite

Might gonna see Blink-182 and Rise Against a second time later this year

Sasquatch421

I'm try to get to 5FDP and Shinedown... Then Marylin Manson and Rob Zombie are going to be in Sioux City as well.

Emma′s Revenge

I haven't been to many, but they've all been memorable.

-Tool, twice
-Marilyn Manson, twice
-Jane's Addiction
-Nine Inch Nails (I watched from the stage, definitely one of the coolest things to happen to me)

Lilias

I've never been to a proper concert, only to a couple of mini-festivals. All the live performances I've seen were televised.

As a teen, I was a big fan of the Monsters of Rock festivals, and Donington was my promised land. I was gutted when they stopped. Since I moved to the UK, I've been following Glastonbury like a vulture. ;D
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Oreo

Giving away my age, big time. I saw Gracie Slick and the Jefferson Airplane performing White Rabbit. And I saw Chicago with the Doobie Brothers (while they were still nothing more than a warm up band). I haven't been to a concert since then. : (

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Will

I don't believe I could ever list all the artists and groups I've seen live.  Anything from A Perfect Circle to Ludacris to the Allman Brothers Band to James Brown.  From electronic artists and DJs to bluegrass, from reggae to metal.  It's a lot.  I think the last concert I went to was a very small affair, to see Vienna Teng in an awesome little room in Dallas.  I enjoyed it very much. :)
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

yobo

I have been to a lot of concerts and festivals, and don't stand a chance listing them all up. Some of the more memorable include Danko Jones, A-ha, Blind Guardian, Therion, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, Shit City, Lumsk, Nightwish, Bare Egil Band, Immortal, Vintersorg and many more.

TheGlyphstone

I saw Weird Al Yankovich live in concert during his Straight Outta Lynwood tour. Best concert I'd ever been to. Also the only concert I'd ever been to, but that is irrelevant. :-)

yobo

I used to listen to Weird Al Yankovic back in the 90s. Would have been fun to get to see him live.  ;D

TheGlyphstone

He got the entire audience to wave their cell phones above their heads the way old-timey concerts did with their lighters, it was interesting to see.

Emma′s Revenge

Will mentioned A Perfect Circle, which was actually my most depressing concert experience. I had tickets to see them in Toronto, but my vehicle broke down on the way into the city. So instead of spending time with Maynard, I spent the evening in an auto-repair shop.

Will

I actually didn't enjoy A Perfect Circle, either, haha.  Maynard is a... well, he's a tool.  I always thought he was a tool in an ironic way, but he really isn't.  I really think he's just a self-important dick.  Kind of ruined my appreciation for him.  Luckily, I saw them at a music festival in New Orleans, so there were plenty of other acts to enjoy.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Emma′s Revenge

Quote from: Will on April 14, 2012, 01:45:34 PM
I actually didn't enjoy A Perfect Circle, either, haha.  Maynard is a... well, he's a tool.  I always thought he was a tool in an ironic way, but he really isn't.  I really think he's just a self-important dick.  Kind of ruined my appreciation for him.  Luckily, I saw them at a music festival in New Orleans, so there were plenty of other acts to enjoy.

To each their own, I guess! Behind Trent Reznor, he's my favourite musician.

As Day Fades

Here's the notable ones, from me:

Apoptygma Berzerk
Avenged Sevenfold
Black Label Society
Coheed & Cambria
Dio
Dream Theater  (x2)
The Dresden Dolls  (x2)
Eric Idle
Fear Factory  (x2)
Iris
Iron Maiden  (x3) [fav]
Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park
Megadeth
Metallica
Motorhead
Rob Zombie
Symphony X
Yo-Yo Ma*

I've also gotten to meet Eric Idle, Dave Mustaine and Chris Jericho pre/post-shows.

*Not sure if this counts. A few months ago I was fortunate enough to see a concert of his via a movie theater, broadcast live, as it happened.

MissFemdom

Here go my top 30:

• Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  • The Rolling Stones
  • Oasis
  • The Police
  • Leonard Cohen
  • M83
  • Depeche Mode
  • Boards of Canada
  • The Jesus and Mary Chain
  • My Bloody Valentine
  • Radiohead
  • Suicide
  • The Cure
  • Manic Street Preachers
  • Portishead
  • Tortoise
  • Spiritualized
  • Sonic Youth
  • Cranes
  • Suede
  • Mogwai
  • Pet Shop Boys
  • Ivan Smagghe
  • The Divine Comedy
  • The Charlatans
  • Massive Attack
  • Echobelly
  • Autechre
  • Deadmau5
  • Dinosaur Jr

yobo

Managed to put a few more bands on my list this weekend.

Vader
Pain
Doro (at least a few songs, seen her before and it wasn't that interesting)
Alestorm
Backstreet Girls
Carach Angren

JackWhite

+ Refused, Simple Plan, Anti-Flag, MxPx, Zebrahead, Versus The World, Good Riddance & Alkaline Trio

jouzinka

I watched Michael Jackson start his HiStory tour in Prague. That certainly made for a memorable night.

I've seen Blind Guardian on their first concert in Prague this past December, gawking at how tenacious the crowd was.

I've helped rocking Van Canto to tears when the handful 200-ish of us managed to ellicit a "you are louder than Wacken o.O" response from them during the Concert in Kindergarten. ;D

But the best live band I've ever seen have to be Serenity. They may sound generic in studio, but I have never seen a band with such a clear and infectious "we're here with you and having a BLAST doing it" message.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Izzie Aditi

Coldplay, Kings of Leon, Rage against the Machine, Detektivbyrån (in Sweden), Slagsmålsklubben (in Sweden), Lifehouse, Foo Fighters, Alter Bridge, 30 Seconds to Mars, Foster the People, Guns N' Roses, Elbow, Yann Tiersen, Laura Jansen, Bloody Beetroots, Avenged Sevenfold, Wolfmother, White Lies, Deadmau5, Rammstein, John Mayer, The Prodigy, Bruce Springsteen, Depeche Mode, Placebo, James Morrison, Snow Patrol, Metallica, Groove Armada, Mumford and Sons & Yann Tiersen.

Nothing in the near future due to money issues and busy with life in general.
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Hemingway

Unfortunately, my favorite bands rarely appear in my country. Here I've seen Kamelot and Dream Theater.

My most memorable experience, however, was at a festival in Hungary. I ended up going more or less on a whim, and saw Röyksopp and Moby. Moby turned out to be amazing. I have no idea how many people were there, but it was ... a lot. I thought we were way at the back of the crowd, but when I happened to look behind me, we were practically at the very front. And when all those people started jumping at the same time, it was pretty intense. ;D

JackWhite

Maybe I should add a little bit of text to the bands I've listed up. As some might know from some posts in other thread I went to Groezrock last sunday. (one of the biggest punk/hardcore festivals in Europe and the biggest in Belgium)

Zebrahead: It was a party like every other show of them I attended so far. The wall of death and get down on your knees were the same but the energy and amazing songs made up for that. If you manage to get one of your guys in a rowboat from the front to the back of the stage 'stage diving' I think there's no reason to complain.

Refused: Not really my genre but I enjoyed the show.

Simple Plan: Didn't understand why they came to the festival and the show gave me reason to doubt. Don't get me wrong, I liked the show but the teenage girls that stand in the front row and stage divers isn't a good combination and sometimes it was just dangerous to stand in the front which is strange but such a group.

MxPx All Stars: I did enjoy the show but I was disappointed by the crowd. Most of them were enjoying the music (I hope) but there wasn't much interaction. I had expected more people to show up for them too honestly.

rick957

Quote-Nine Inch Nails (I watched from the stage, definitely one of the coolest things to happen to me)

I know the question is way late, but I can't believe no one else asked for more details about this.  C'mon, spill!  How did this happen and what was it like?  Which tour, or venue, or anything -- details, pleez!  A few more, at least.  Not all of us have been so lucky.  :)

Bands or artists who have been mentioned here already whom I have seen personally:
Marilyn Manson
Nine Inch Nails
A Perfect Circle
James Brown (hell yes.  R.I.P.)
The Dresden Dolls
Metallica (or 'Tallicker, as my friends used to call 'em)
The Cure
Sonic Youth

Personal favorite out of the above:  NIN on the Downward Spiral tour.  (No fucking contest, frankly, although that's no slight on the many other great shows.)