[NC-E] Vampire Underground

Started by The Great Triangle, May 28, 2008, 06:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

Actually I will probably still join this one, if that is ok with you.

The Great Triangle

QuoteWerewolves lets see fangs, claws, magic powers and well huge- runs to the nearest arge body of water and jumps in merging and goes into torpor until the bad crap blows over.

That'll make the spirit of the fountain happy.   ;)

Principal way to deal with werewolves:  Make sure you don't fuck on any particularly meaningful rocks, and watch where you piss, and they'll be fine.  Unless you want to try and get one under leash and collar.   ;D

Quote from: Aiden on September 09, 2008, 11:22:07 PM
Actually I will probably still join this one, if that is ok with you.

I suppose you can do that, however, your characters will be, of course, strictly forbidden from interacting during crossover, or one will be played by a GM during those events.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

By the way there is a fucking Prince isn't it HIS or HER duty to defend the city and all the Kindred they wanted the stupid job not me, with all those hounds and the Sheriff to boss around to take out such threats. (pulls out the copy of Kindred Law for Dummys)

Yep one of the duties is city security and all.
;D

I'm off the hook.

Aiden

Makes sense, I'll do some reading and create my characters in the next few days.

RubySlippers

Name: Frida Santiago
Clan: Gangrel
Bloodline: none
Covenant: Unaligned
Virtue: Faith
Vice: Lust
Concept: Urban Social Predator

Picture: http://fantasti.cc/user/sistersinday/images/image/96791

Abilities:

Power: 2 (Presence +1, Primal Sex Appeal +2)    Finesse: 2 (Manipulation +1)   Resistance: 2  (Composure +1)

Mental Skills:

Academics: 1  (Kindred Law +2)  Crafts: 1   Investigation: 1 (Computer Applications +2)

Physical Skills:

Athletics: 1   Combat: 2 (Dodge +1, Fencing +2)   Stealth: 1

Social Skills:

Persuasion: 3   Socialize: 2  (Socialize +1) Streetwise: 2 (Streetwise +1)

Merits:
Barfly 1
Haven (Location 0, Size 1, Security 0)
Language (English) 2
Resources 3
Striking Looks 4

Disciplines:
Animalism 1
Majesty 1
Protean 2
~Meld with Earth, Natural Stone, Worked Stone, Wood and Water~
Resilence 1

Willpower: 5   Health: 7    Defense: 2   Blood: ?    Blood Potency: 1

Humanity 7

Equipment
- Sword  (Damage 3  Size 2  Cost 2)
- Leather Coat with Sword Holder (left side)

XP Spent
- Animalism 5 pts.
- Majesty 8 pts.
- Protean Level 2 added elements 12 pts.
- Barfly 2 pts.
- Haven 2 pts. (a modest loft with a safe closet and box if she needs it- its not really vital)
- Language (English) 6 pts.

Still under construction but I went for a primal, sensuous creature perfectly comfortable in the city and around humans. Oddly her faith is going to be an acceptance of the vampire nature simply put like most Unaligned she feels to survive and prosper on must accept the innate nature of the vampire state, in so doing one can understand and create a better vampire community. Its not she is uneducated she knows enough about Kindred Law from various sides to be dangerous and can use computers if she uses existing software just her clan weakeness makes her a bit less effective at it.

Her haven is just a place to hang her dress, she will rest during the day anywhere she can meld which is many places in the city.

Iofiel

I'd love to play.
I have the Requiem book, but you've changed things around a bit... yes? What exactly have you changed?
I'll have to glance through things before deciding on my character, but I can finish it in a night from your response. :3

The Great Triangle

I've gone and reduced the number of attributes from nine to three, adding attribute specialties to keep mechanical differentiation, and reduced the number of skills from 24 to 9, to simplify gameplay. 

(there is a glitch where I've given about twice as many effective skill dots as in the normal game, but I don't really think people are going to mind.   :))

Ons and Offs

Iofiel

Character Sheet:
Natalie Reyes
Daeva
Circle of the Crone

Abilities:

Power: 2 (Presence +2 [3 xp])    Finesse: 2 (Wits +1, Manipulation +1 [3 xp])    Resistance: 2 (Resolve +1, Composure +1)

Mental Skills:

Academics: 2 (Occult +1)  Crafts:      Investigation: 2 (Politics +1)

Physical Skills:

Athletics: 2   Combat: 1    Stealth:

Social Skills:

Persuasion: 3 (Expression +2)  Socialize: 2 (Empathy +2 [3 xp])   Streetwise: 1 (Subterfuge +1)

Merits:
Status (Circle of the Crone) 1 (2 xp)
Haven Location 2 / Size 2 / Security 2 (6 xp / 6 xp / 6 xp)
Resources 3 (3 points)
Contacts 3 (1 point + 10 xp) [x, x, x]
Blood Potency 2 (3 points)
Allies 2 (6 xp)

Disciplines:
Majesty 2
Cruac 1 (Pangs Ritual, Rigor Mortis Ritual - 4 xp)

Humanity: 6

Willpower: 4   Health: 7     Defense: 2    Blood: ?   Blood Potency: 2

Natalie is a very charming and expressive character. Backstory pending (I'll send it via pm), but she's a very passionate and alluring character. One of your 'bar-hopping dandies'.

The Great Triangle

Looks fairly solid, but specialties cost more than 3 xp.  I think it's 6xp for skill specialties and 9xp for ability specialties, but I'm not sure. 

Also, with increased resolve and composure, you have a willpower of 6 rather than 4.  :)

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

"There can be only one!"

Sorry my chracter reminds me of a Highlander-based character I ran once even gave her the sword in the leather coat.

Seriously your sophisticated bar-hopping dandy verses the hot trashy bestial beauty that will do it in dirty bar bathrooms when the mood strikes in sleazy places- ummmmm, this could be fun.

Iofiel

Quote from: The Great Triangle on September 13, 2008, 08:22:28 AM
Looks fairly solid, but specialties cost more than 3 xp.  I think it's 6xp for skill specialties and 9xp for ability specialties, but I'm not sure. 

Also, with increased resolve and composure, you have a willpower of 6 rather than 4.  :)

It said skill specialties were 3 xp in the requiem book. o: Give me the final amount and I'll change everything.

Well, Natalie will be better at charming people and go for a more indirect... perhaps I should say, discreet? manner of manipulating people. :D
But yes, it looks very fun to me. ^_^

RubySlippers

My character can be discrete...

(looks her over)

Ok maybe not but she is a Gangrel club hopper sophistication is kind of secondary and she does have that nice Spanish accent and wild untamed sexuality going for her.

Iofiel

Quote from: RubySlippers on September 13, 2008, 07:05:22 PM
My character can be discrete...

(looks her over)

Ok maybe not but she is a Gangrel club hopper sophistication is kind of secondary and she does have that nice Spanish accent and wild untamed sexuality going for her.

Certainly an asset that will prove useful. ^^

The Great Triangle

Quote from: Iofiel on September 13, 2008, 06:05:28 PM
It said skill specialties were 3 xp in the requiem book.  Give me the final amount and I'll change everything.

You'll need to use the xp chart I provided for this game rather than the one from the book.  Here's the chart again:

Abilities: 12 x new dot
Skills: 9 x new dot
Ability Specialty: 8 points
Skill Specialty: 4 points
Merit: 2 x new dot
Discipline (vampire): 5 x new dot for in clan, 8 x new dot for out of clan.
Blood Potency: 8 x new dot
Humanity: 3 x new dot

You have, I beleive, 35 xp.  Ruby will correct me if I'm wrong.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Quote from: The Great Triangle on September 14, 2008, 08:53:23 AM
You'll need to use the xp chart I provided for this game rather than the one from the book.  Here's the chart again:

Yes 35xp, if you need help alotting them PM me also. The same if anyone else needs help with their characters.

Iofiel

Quote from: The Great Triangle on September 14, 2008, 08:53:23 AM

You noted that we could lose a point of humanity to get 5 extra xp. :D

Iofiel

Corrected sheet!

Character Sheet:
Natalie Reyes
Daeva
Circle of the Crone

Abilities:

Power: 2 (Presence +1)    Finesse: 2 (Wits +1, Manipulation +1 [8 xp])    Resistance: 2 (Resolve +1, Composure +1)

Mental Skills:

Academics: 2 (Occult +1)  Crafts:      Investigation: 2 (Politics +1)

Physical Skills:

Athletics: 2   Combat: 1    Stealth:

Social Skills:

Persuasion: 3 (Expression +2)  Socialize: 2 (Empathy +2 [4 xp])   Streetwise: 1 (Subterfuge +1)

Merits:
Status (Circle of the Crone) 1 (2 xp)
Haven Location 2 / Size 2 (6 xp/ 6 xp)
Resources 3 (3 points)
Contacts 2 (1 point + 4 xp) [Club owners, Local Musicians]
Blood Potency 2 (3 points)
Allies 2 (6 xp - Brother, Rufio Reyes, Dentist)

Disciplines:
Majesty 2
Cruac 1 (Pangs Ritual, Rigor Mortis Ritual - 4 xp)

Humanity: 6

Willpower: 6   Health: 7     Defense: 2    Blood: ?   Blood Potency: 2

Natalie is a very charming and expressive character. Backstory pending (I'll send it via pm), but she's a very passionate and alluring character. One of your 'bar-hopping dandies'.

magnamos

I already rolled for the Werewolf-Game. I just need that special feral element in my life :)

Just would like to know. Is it like shown in the movies? Can Werewolfes and Vampires smell each other? Just as the scene in the sleazy bar-bathroom was mentioned I had to think off what would happen if a Wolf in heat and a naughty Vampire go at each other in there disguised forms and well... when things get more steamy and out of hand they turn into there true identities and... I think at least one of both is fucked and not in the good way.

The Great Triangle

Werewolves can detect vampires if they've tasted the blood of the vampire, (which does carry complications) and Vampires can detect werewolves if they've been in a situation where they could be affected by the lunacy. 

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Must I add they also don't have to be enemies as far as I can tell werewolves see vampires just part of the big cities and don't see many, but take them on a case by case basis.

The Great Triangle

There's no inherent enmity between werewolves and vampires in the world of darkness. 

However, Vampires, especially those of the Lancea Sanctum and Belial's Brood, tend to disrupt the local spirit ecology, angering the werewolves.  Meanwhile, to vampires, an enslaved werewolf is basically a meal ticket for all of eternity and an insurance policy against torpor, so long as one can withstand the increased anger that comes from drinking werewolf blood.

These benefits to killing each other tends to make werewolf and vampire relations rather tense.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Um, I'll need to redo my one area I proposed then too bad though.

magnamos

What would be the benefits of a captured Vampire to a Werewolf?

.... just curious ::)

RubySlippers

Werewolves RAPIDLY heal Lethal damage like severe blood loss so a vampire can feed from one alot and its not going to hurt the werewolf but might get it very angry. Or its kin. Also don't feed from the wolf-blooded either they have werewolf relatives at least without consent.

But I suppose the two can be lovers for short periods of time, not that that would last long likely.

magnamos

You got me wrong. I would like to know what the Werewolf would gain in return if it bites a Vampire. Not the other way round.