Seeking group for post apocalyptic action adventure with a naughty side.

Started by Steamdriver, May 30, 2012, 02:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamdriver

Hanged man, Will that be your character or is it a monster that will be added as it goes?
Much more in depth list of ons and offs. <a href=" http://www.f-list.net/c/morgan%20von%20kerlden ">F-list Profile</a>

elfguy

Futa is the one thing that's a turn off. I don't mind others having it but my character wouldn't have any relation with them.
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Kathy Gifford

Species: Human

Origin: Seattle

Personality: Friendly, tries to see the best in any situation, has a good idea of her skills and likes to get in the tick of the action. She doesn't get angry easily, except at monsters who want to kill her, or others who insult her.

History: Kathy is a survivor. She was raised on the streets of destroyed cities by her mother, after having to help her kill her father who became mutated. She quickly learned to take care of herself in a world filled with dangerous mutants. She knows how to use hand to hand combat against smaller preys, and eventually found working handguns, which she uses if she has no other choice, since munitions are rare. Now, she roams by herself, trying to find other human survivors, or mutants who still have enough humanity to talk to.

Equipment: Reinforced leather boots and pants, belt with pouches, tanktop, two hand guns, hunting knife, some provisions, radio she uses periodically to try and find any sign of civilization.

Mutations: None so far

Special Notes:
----

TheHangedOne

If you don't mind, I'd enjoy playing it as a character. If that will make things difficult (I can see several plausible reasons why it would be), I'll make another one, and let you use it as an NPC. Your call.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Steamdriver

Elfguy, that's perfectly fine by me. To each their own and all, thank you for laying it on the table though and for getting your sheet up. we now have 3 characters in stone for it unless you have to bail out.

HangedMan, ya its cool by me though I would suggest giving it a way to communicate otherwise it would be kind of hard to use. The idea of limited short range telepathy just sprang to mind.
Much more in depth list of ons and offs. <a href=" http://www.f-list.net/c/morgan%20von%20kerlden ">F-list Profile</a>

TheHangedOne

I think that could work, Steam.  :-)

Edit: Addendum: Added the following mutation to my character.
QuoteWeak telepathy: Do to some changes in not only the shape, size, and density of his brain, but also in its chemistry, Ixilthuth is capable of communicating thoughts and feelings to sentient individuals within thirty feet of it. 
Does that work?
Check out my poet tree!

Elias

Name: Dream
Species: Psychic
Origin: Part of the psychic soldier program
Personality: Known to have a million faces and a million different personalities Dream has many aspects to his personality however he embodies his mood and dresses and changes the world around him when he enters such states
History: Born in a last ditch attempt to build the perfect warrior the remains of the government stole children and rearranged their brains chemical makeup giving each a unique gift to be used in squads. When the facility was bombed many escaped and
Equipment: A knife, gas mask
Mutations: The ability to manipulate senses if dealing with a group he can manipulate only a single sense of those around him (Usually perception so they see him differently or not at all) if focused on a single individual he can with concentration control and manipulate all their senses.

Special Notes: This ability effects, smell, touch, taste, sight, can ignite pleasure and pain sensors. He can only manipulate up to 15 people in a room at once and its incredibly taxing and if his focus is broken the illusion will fade.

Steamdriver

elias i like the idea though it seems a bit overpowered.

HangedMan yes that seems like it will work perfectly.

AribethAmkiir

Haven't been able to find a picture for my gal yet, but if anyone knows of something that could work let me know.  Also, please let me know if anything seems too outlandish.

Name: Roweena
Origin: Dallas, Texas (or what remains thereof)

Appearance: Roweena appears to be a moderately attractive young woman with auburn hair, worn in a tail, and a sun-kissed complexion.  She often appears to be worn, dirty, and ragged and has the smell of the Wastes on her.  If allowed to bathe and change into something clean, she shows that she is quite a bit more appealing than most people’s first impression.

Row is normally seen in her stealth armor, if she’s seen at all, but in secure towns and settlements she wears baggy green fatigue pants and a simple white tank top.  Numerous scars litter her shoulders, back, arms, legs, and hands which tell of a life lived outside the relative safety of established settlements.  To those with a medical eye, or just those people who know what to look for, a miniature surgical scar can be seen upon each of her temples signaling an optical implant of some sort.

Personality:] Row is blunt, direct, and honest to a fault.  She doesn’t sugar coat things because mostly she doesn’t believe she’s doing anyone any favors by being nice.  The world is a horrid, ugly place and being gentle with people is an easy way to get them killed.  Despite this, she is compassionate and will go out of her way to help someone in need, though she’ll often wait and make sure the person in distress is actually in distress and it isn’t some type of trap, if she has the time.  A tactician, to a degree, she prides herself in efficiency and likes to plan out her moves prior to executing them.  She enjoys drinking heavily, playing roughly, cussing loudly, and cheating when she can. 

History:  Roweena was born in a small settlement of roughly twenty people.  Mostly farmers and laborers, the settlement was guarded by only a handful of men and electric fences.  Justice wasn’t even a consideration in the small settlement where she grew up.  The people with the guns made the rules and if you didn’t like them you could leave, if you were lucky.  At the age of sixteen, she did just that after one of their guardians decided to get a little too familiar with her.   She stole what she could carry and slipped out from under the electric fence before the man could gather his buddies.  She has learned life’s lessons the hard way, and has the scars to prove it, both on her body and her psyche. 

Equipment: 2 Beretta Px Storm .40 S&W handguns with hip holsters, a Colt AR15-A4 Lightweight Carbine with flip-up rear iron sights and shoulder harness, CX-17 Optics implant, Nano-surgeon implant, and a Military grade stealth suit.  She also carries 50 .40 rounds in five 10 rd magazines, and 300 5.56mm rounds in ten 30 round magazines, seven wing sticks, and two deployable sentry bots.

Mutations: Roweena has no visible mutations, although she is capable of moving quickly and quietly through all types of terrain and has demonstrated the ability to carry much more than someone of her size and weight normally can.

Special Notes:
The CX-17 Optic implant is attached to the optic nerve and enhances visual perception.  It can enhance normal human vision 50x and allows the user to perceive thermal signatures with a mental command.

Rowena’s military grade stealth suit is both armor and active camouflage.  Due to its lightweight design, the armor is only effective at stopping small caliber gunfire and melee weapons.  It can partially deflect medium caliber ballistics but a direct hit will likely penetrate the armor and displace into the wearer.  The AI of the active camouflage allows for the suit to adapt to its surroundings in a chameleon like fashion.  The AI takes three one-hundredth of a second to compute and implement the camouflage and requires wearer to remain perfectly still.  Due to the suit’s level of tech it requires a high level of maintenance by a highly skilled individual.

Wingsticks are medium-to-close range three-pronged boomerang type weapons that are useful for hunting or decapitating unaware opponents.

Sentry bots are 1’ tall robots with spider legs which with an advanced FoF (Friend or Foe) AI.  It can fire up to 200 rounds from its .40 caliber rotating automatic gun and will melee with the sharp ends of its legs if a foe gets too close.  The bot is capable of minor tactics like flanking and is aware enough to seek cover if under a high level of attack.

Elias

Quote from: Steamdriver on May 31, 2012, 08:26:50 PM
elias i like the idea though it seems a bit overpowered.

HangedMan yes that seems like it will work perfectly.

What would you liked dummed down for the power to be more even?

Steamdriver

Aribeth, the character looks good to me. If you don't mind however could you cut to zoom back to say 50x ?

Elias, never mind on that the character works i didnt read the special notes.

Everyone, just to clarify and set ground rules on my characters sexual interests if you do not wish to be involved with a futanari or expansion character mention that. I will no take any offense to it in any way, I know for some its to much. 

AribethAmkiir

Edited.

I have no problem with the character, or having my character involved with yours in some fashion.

Steamdriver

Question for all of you, where do you get your character images from?

AribethAmkiir

I browse Google, and when I find one I like I upload it to my photobucket account.

avorae

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 31, 2012, 11:12:17 PM
I browse Google, and when I find one I like I upload it to my photobucket account.

I basically do the same why but i usually have an idea of what the character will look like before hand so I can search for something more specific.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Steamdriver

Thanks i was already doing that... well just have to keep searching then. lol

TheHangedOne

I've been roleplaying on and off for about ten years. Google searching helps, but I also pay attention tot hings like video game character art packs that circulate on the internet, or other image sets that people put together, and have quietly amassed something like a thousand pictures on my photobucket account. Fairly neatly organized and ordered, so when I make a character, I will invariably browse through whatever folder(s) is/are relevant until I find one that fits.

Of course, given Ixilthuth's incredibly unique physiology, their isn't a picture. Not even close.   :-X
Check out my poet tree!

AribethAmkiir

I typically have an idea of what I want my character to look like but for some reason today I'm just not satisfied with anything I'm finding.

Steamdriver

Question regarding the forum's. I haven't played on this site before so when we do start the game where is it supposed to be posted?

AribethAmkiir

I'd assume either in the small group areas of Exotic NC or Extreme. 

Roxy Rocket

Camp means cheese. As in things that are silly, whether they're treated as silly in-character or not.

Hardly matters. I think I'll avoid. You know. Not big on the whole piles of profiles and stuff. More interested in themes and motifs and smirking at the camera while you talk about were-butterfly swarms and stuff.

*flees*

Brandon

I was kind of hoping for more when I asked for setting info. Like how long its been since the big apocolypse happened and what kind of civilizations/governments/ cultures have been created (or remained) in the wasteland.

Right now it just seems a little to vague for me to do anything with it
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Steamdriver

Brandon, the war happened 100 years before current date. I am going to be typing up a few larger unions and such. As well as a few common mutations and monsters. Thinking it will be in the Denver area and Rockies. Most settlements in the Midwest are walled for security from the tribes that roam the Badlands. The Rockies are locked is irradiated snow forcing cities to be build underground with extensive tunnel systems.

Arioch

Name: Shana
Origin: Arizona

Appearance:

Personality:] A normally suspicious person due to her life she can seem shy and a bit ditzy. Shana is the type to laugh at just about anything. Those that get to know her soon learn that she is a loyal person that will defend those she considers friends, which to her is just like family.

History:  The desert of Arizona became a rough place to live. The scarcity of water made it difficult for most animals, much less people. A few groups managed to survive, but they had to do what the Native Americans did, roam around to avoid the temperatures and the lack of water.  Originally, Shana had been part of a nomadic group that managed to survive for a long period of time for these times.

Everyone in her tribe had to learn how to be productive. They all hunted for food and water and learned how to make things out of what they found. The armor she wears is of her own design, incorporating a targeting helmet from a helicopter with a pulse pistol mounted on her shoulder. She even has a power pack for the helmet that recharges from her movements as well as a solar panel.  Building and repairing things was taught to her at an early age and she picked it up well, becoming one of the tribes mechanics as well as a hunter.

Unfortunately for her tribe, danger always lurked. Sometimes it was just the desert, other times it was the animals that had gained mutations. And, of course, there was always other tribes. Gradually, her tribe started to shrink faster than it grew. The way the world is today, strength lies with weapons and numbers. Once the numbers started to be too small, she and a few others broke off to find a better life. There were always rumors that things were better here or there. With two of her closest friends she headed off only to end up alone after running into some brigands.

Equipment: Hunting spear, 6' long.  Retractable wrist blades.  Backpack with some simple supplies and a tool bag. Worn, leather, full body cloak with a hood. 1 water skin.

Mutations: Shana has the ability to not feel temperatures until they get extreme. At 120 degrees F it feels like a normal day for her. Likewise, when it gets down to -10, she isn't cold.  This also allows her to need less water than most humans.

A second mutation is enhanced senses. She can track by scent, taste and sound as well as detect poisons in food or water.

Special Notes:
Shana's armor can deflect most blades easily and is resistant to most small caliber ballistic rounds.  Her helmet as a simple 5x magnification setting as well as a targeting computer and an infra-red imaging sensor.  There is also a integrated air filter.

The pulse pistol has a short range of only 20' before the damage and accuracy begin to drop off dramatically.

Harrio

Are you still accepting applications? Because this seemed really interesting and i'd be happy to be a part of this roleplay. The post apocalyptic point of view really makes for some great RP!

Steamdriver

Ya work out a character sheet like the others on here to claim your spot.

Also i will be posting more on the setting, factions and monsters today at some point.