Kobold Game set up and full, thanks!

Started by Quinz128, March 04, 2016, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxfyr

Since everybody is locked in to the same race, I will make room for attribute flexibility by making the racial modifier (+2 (any one stat) -2 str, -2 con,) and everybody gets the shoulder-to-shoulder trait for free.  This way you can focus more on a mental trait or help out your physical ones.

ragarth

Quote from: Foxfyr on April 14, 2016, 03:08:09 PM
Since everybody is locked in to the same race, I will make room for attribute flexibility by making the racial modifier (+2 (any one stat) -2 str, -2 con,) and everybody gets the shoulder-to-shoulder trait for free.  This way you can focus more on a mental trait or help out your physical ones.

Alright, and is shoulder to shoulder in addition to or replacing crafty?

Foxfyr

ragarth

Chulanowa

Sounds fine to me. I'd kinda prefer the feeble stats, but you know, maybe jungle life makes kobolds swole.

ragarth

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 14, 2016, 08:48:36 PM
Sounds fine to me. I'd kinda prefer the feeble stats, but you know, maybe jungle life makes kobolds swole.

Mosquito stew makes us stronger... by killing off the weak.

I'm fine with the weaker stats or the one Foxfyr currently has us on. My main concern was being able to build a caster on par with a rogue or crit fisher. Aside from casters, the core kobold stat block plays well for what kobolds generally are.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Good to see other folks who're okay with the weaker stats being a big part of "koboldness," although I do think the flexible option offered by Foxfyr does open up some class options which wouldn't be there for "stock" PF kobolds.

Think I'll go ahead and get to work on a Swashbuckler (Mouser), then, unless someone else was really hoping to do so?

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

ragarth

So this is what we've got thus far:

Foxfyr:
ALL HAIL KING TORG!

ragarth:
Transmuter Wizard (Enhancement)

CarnivalOfTheGoat:
Mouser and Party Toothy Maw (Face)

Quinz128:
Either Snare Setter, Trapper Ranger, or Savage Warrior Fighter

Chulanowa:
Unknown

Luna:
Oracle.. Flamin! Maybe another Toothy Maw?

Muse:
Unknown!

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: ragarth on April 15, 2016, 06:18:58 AM
Anyone want to be the toothy maw (ie, face) of the party? For any who are new, the face of the party is the one that does all the talking. They take diplomacy at a minimum, and potentially other stats such as bluff or intdimidate that help us talk out of problems, negotiate, etc.

Wasn't really intending to, and don't need to if someone else wants to...But Swablickers have to have a pretty high CHA stat, so it wouldn't be hard to get some results out of a few points in Dip/Bluff/Intimidate, if no-one else steps up who wants the role.

But do you want the crazy lunatic drama-lizard-with-a-sword cutting all the deals for you?

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Quinz128

I was figuring either a Snare-Setter (Rogue Archetype in Kobolds of Galerion) or the Trapper (Ranger Archetype in Complete Magic). Since we already have an arcane spellcaster anyways. Not sure on which I want most, yet, but that will be able to fill the skillmonkey role as well as give me the more traditional kobold role (Trapmaker!) I'd like.

Also: In regards to the stats, It didn't ever bother me because I like two things specifically about the kobolds: They are small and move at base 30 speed, which I love. And they are lizard-peoples, which just adds on to how cool they are with the lore. So the stats never bothered me and never seemed to need adjustment. In any case, as I see it, just because there is an all-kobold group, no need to make them lss weak because of that. Just forces players to play smarter. xD

Also Sorry for the delay, had been sick the last few days and haven't felt up to going to E for a bit due to headache. Should be fine, now.

Also: Is this a roll or point buy for stats? Or do we have the 'Average Cascading' stats? You know 18-16-14-12-10-8?

Foxfyr

Quote from: Quinz128 on April 15, 2016, 11:32:48 AM
Also: Is this a roll or point buy for stats? Or do we have the 'Average Cascading' stats? You know 18-16-14-12-10-8?

20 point buy.  See here for other character building info: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245372.msg12240830#msg12240830

Chulanowa

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on April 15, 2016, 09:39:29 AM
Wasn't really intending to, and don't need to if someone else wants to...But Swablickers have to have a pretty high CHA stat, so it wouldn't be hard to get some results out of a few points in Dip/Bluff/Intimidate, if no-one else steps up who wants the role.

But do you want the crazy lunatic drama-lizard-with-a-sword cutting all the deals for you?

Please don't lick the swab. You don't know where it's been!

I'll get down to coming up with a lizard badass after I do my errands today.

Foxfyr

Also, as a note, there will be more than just the four of you on the ship.  Plenty of NPC kobolds to join you on your adventure as well as doing the mundane work on sailing the ship.  Conveniently enough, should any of you die during the adventure, I'm sure you will find another on the ship willing and capable enough to step up to elite status.  ;D

Quinz128

I was figuring that and quite like the idea. So I'll make... a few characters, just in case. In fact I'll make a Trapper and Snare Setter Sheet and let the group choose which is preferred. I'll see how my points will go based on my stats and see if I can make a decent skill monkey... If not may be able to make a taskmaster of some kind too!

I'm just excited to play a kobold as I have been wanting to for a bit, so am happy to fill differing roles needed for the group.

ragarth

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on April 15, 2016, 09:39:29 AM

No worse than the crazy lunatic drama-lizard-with-acid-splash

Quinz128

Let's be fair. As kobolds, we'd probably not get much face-time, other than intimidating people. Or crying when things go horribly horribly wrong.

Also: I just checked the cost of points in the point buy for stats and holy crap... 18s will basically not exist in first-buy. I'm used to the rolling or cascading, so this will seem rather low-powered to me, so you know. xD

Anyways, on to make my characters.

ragarth

Quote from: Quinz128 on April 15, 2016, 05:23:08 PM
Let's be fair. As kobolds, we'd probably not get much face-time, other than intimidating people. Or crying when things go horribly horribly wrong.

Also: I just checked the cost of points in the point buy for stats and holy crap... 18s will basically not exist in first-buy. I'm used to the rolling or cascading, so this will seem rather low-powered to me, so you know. xD

Anyways, on to make my characters.

Nope, you pay for the flexibility. And you'd be surprised how useful a good diplomacy skill is for tiny critters.

Besides, that bluff skill will be super useful if I make the swash buckler look like a human kid crying in their cargo hold.

In games that move quicker than pbp, I really enjoy using the diplomacy skill. It's a huge hoot.

ragarth

I've found my familiar. <3

I think this also means our homeland has dinosaurs.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/pterosaur/pterosaur-rhamphorhynchus

... which also means somebold somewhere has tried riding a t.rex.

Teo Torriatte

*peeks in* Would you guys have room for a fifth player? My first instinct would be to play a fire-aspected sorceress who is trying very hard to embrace her inner dragoness(and/or just likes to watch things burn). But I could also offer some kind of cleric since it seems that you guys don't have one.

Foxfyr

I'd be fine with a 5th if you want to join.

Quinz128

First of Three Concepts done. I'll roll with whichever the group chooses or whichever needs to fit. This one would NOT be the face, at all... Drained Charisma a bit to make him a bit of a Savant.

Kirrok the Trapsavant
Class: Snare Setter Rogue
Concept: An savant-like apprentice of trapping
Appearance: Dusty Red scales and pure white eyes other than the pupils dotted in the center, Kirrok seems slightly more hearty than other kobolds. His frame is still weak-looking and wiry, with thin arms and thin legs, though his tail seems a bit thicker than average. His snout seems to have particularly spiny scales, that curl a bit upwards and seems to continue this pattern until they feather out at his forehead in a curious crest. His fingers also seem particularly long, which gives him a bit of a clumsy look. His eyes are set close, as well, causing a bit of a focused look to his gaze.
Personality: A bit loud and rude, it seems like Kirrok never seemed to have gotten beyond the initial selfishness he had upon his hatching. A bit aloof, the trapsmith seems to focus his time in silence, besides the chattering of a mentor, which he bounces between, to enhance his smithing. His skills with traps soon came so that he could set things up in unprecedented times as well as figuring new ways to produce things, making him a bit arrogant in his field as well as a bit louder, overall, despite his general weakness in direct confrontation. But he does think that direct confrontation is a fool's last mistake anyways.
Brief Bio: Kirrok is not originally from this tribe. He, instead, came from another in the mountains that had been routed. He traveled to find new ones and skipped from one tribe to the other, learning a bit more in each before trading his skillfully made traps and leaving with the new bit of knowledge. He eventually found the shipbound tribe, curious of the methods they did and seeing if he could learn a bit more from the smiths here, as well as lend his talents.

Character Sheet Link: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=783327

Will soon be adding the other two choices of Ryzzyl the Sea-Setter a Trapper-Ranger and Dyrtek the Manslayer a Titan Mauler Barbarian

Teo Torriatte

Name: Ss'kala Firedancer
Class: Oracle 4 (Flame, Branded)
Alignment: N-E
Concept: An opportunistic kobold who wants to see her clan rise in prominence, as well as her own status rise within the clan.

Personality: She has a quiet confidence, very graceful in the way she carries herself both physically and socially. She is as ambitious as any of her kind, but is not adverse to taking the long view or to sacrificing short term benefits for long term gains. She is willing to manipulate others to accomplish her goals, but also realizes the importance of pulling her own weight, and even more the importance of others knowing she can do so.

Bio: Ever since she was barely older than a hatchling, Ss'kala had the sense that she was touched by destiny. It wasn't until she was old enough to mate that her destiny partially revealed itself. Some foolish cousin of hers had started a fire near a whole clutch of eggs, her own included. She rushed into the flames to save her eggs, saving as many as she could. Miraculously she wasn't burned to a crisp, but she came out with a sunburst symbol branded on her forehead, and a newly discovered affinity with fire. The fire burning within her has led to a whole new set of abilities and a usefulness to the clan that she could only have previously dreamed of.

STR 8
DEX 14
CON 8
INT 14
WIS 12
CHA 18

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 ranks
Heal 4 ranks
Knowledge(planes) 4 ranks
Profession(sailor) 4 ranks
Sense Motive 4 ranks
(Diplomacy or Craft jewelry) 4 ranks

More stats coming later. She can take diplomacy if someone else doesn't want to. Otherwise she will learn to make jewelry.

Muse

*pounce!* 

Am I too late?  IS there still room? 

What would it help to have? 

(Maybe an alchemist or gunslinger?) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

OOh, pirates!  :) 

I see no gunslingers.  (All good.) 

And we have an oracle. 

I could play a ranger: a guy with a crossbow and a dire weasle or flying dinosaur dinosaur mount. 

Or I could play an alchemist, a mad scientist girl? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ragarth

WOuld anyone be interested in a teamwork feat? Stealth Synergy.