Craving: Exalted 2th edition (searching for players and storyteller)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, January 02, 2012, 02:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

I just post here a craving for a group game for Exalted 2th edition. I purchased during christmas books for glories of most high, manual of power for dragon-bloods, infernals and lunars. I have seen some short lived games here which I had played as abyssal or solar. But I would prefer try out one the newer books to make and roleplay a char based one the newer books.

Not to say the game should focus exclusively to dragon-bloods, lunars or infernals as it can be multiple caste game but multiple castes also usually means around +6 or more players which can be quite intimidating. I myself run in my limit as GM to run games here on Elliquiy or Rpol so despite I would want to, I cannot at time being to be GM to such game.

So I call out for others who have same craving as me for exalted game and for GM?

SomeGuy

I'd be interested in playing, pretty new to Exalted though.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, even if I do not plan GM but we can discuss what you want to play and concepts and such :). Kind bump up this thread so folks can see it :P.

ShadowFox89

I've got some experience with Exalted and have run games on other sites. Wouldn't be interested in running on here, not yet anyway :P

And some term corrections, it's 2nd edition and the one running Exalted is the ST (storyteller), not GM :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, will edit title then but indeed this is second edition game.

RSGAlex

I could try running a game for those books. (Assuming that we ignore bits of the stupider stuff from the early Infernals chapters)
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

Muse

Oooh!  I'd love a chance to play. 

I'm running a game right now, currently well filled up, but I'll check with you guys if the cast drops off. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ShadowFox89

I'd like to try starting a game as a mortal, exalting at a later time. Either zenith or scourge.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: RSGAlex on January 02, 2012, 07:38:10 PM
I could try running a game for those books. (Assuming that we ignore bits of the stupider stuff from the early Infernals chapters)

What stuff exactly?

RSGAlex

Well, off the top of my head, the Yozi don't necessarily get all of the infernals back easily (first circle versus Solar tier Exalt, even with only a few charm, not good for the demon) but the intimacy does help a bit. There's no mandatory being posessed/fucked by the Yozi's souls (depending on how generous you're being with that passage), Lilun will be something wholly different.

Those are the major ones, but I can go and look for more if you want. Granted at least one would be yozi characterization.

Please wait warmly.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I am fine with that Lilun is going something different. Also I did read bit about infernals but not thorough fashion. Do you mean edit bit the urges and the themes what some charms present? Also what I understand I am okay being thoroughly fucked up by Yozis; meaning soul, mind and body all changed to their ideals but keep own self otherwise intact. Meaning even if I would rebel I would serve Yozi cause indirectly through urges or by themes some my charms follow.

Or if I am walking wrong paths here then clarify; as I have interest to play infernal likely to try them out.

ShadowFox89

I would suggest a new person to exalted playing a solar or dragon-blood. Those are the simplest to start off as and the simplest to learn. The others have different rules and abilities and take a bit more time to get used to.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 03, 2012, 11:24:32 PM
Ok, I am fine with that Lilun is going something different. Also I did read bit about infernals but not thorough fashion. Do you mean edit bit the urges and the themes what some charms present? Also what I understand I am okay being thoroughly fucked up by Yozis; meaning soul, mind and body all changed to their ideals but keep own self otherwise intact. Meaning even if I would rebel I would serve Yozi cause indirectly through urges or by themes some my charms follow.

Or if I am walking wrong paths here then clarify; as I have interest to play infernal likely to try them out.

I'm being a bit literal with the fucking bit. A less charitable reading of one of the lines in the first chapter of infernals has every infernal get gang raped by a number of the Yozis souls (some of whom might not even have a human-ish form.) The Urge stays, the charms stay. If you decide to go to Malfeas and be part of the Yozi's Reclaimation, well you'll certainly be subject to some social-fu, but not to the level of what the book says.

(Also, the Exaltation is what we'd think of a morally uncaring. All an Infernal Exaltation wants is that you had a great moment of "You done fucked up, son" and the potential to do something great with power if given it. Not to say that it's infallible, but just really good.)

EDIT: Oh, and now that I remember, the Torments need some work, to different degrees.

Please wait warmly.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 03, 2012, 11:26:46 PM
I would suggest a new person to exalted playing a solar or dragon-blood. Those are the simplest to start off as and the simplest to learn. The others have different rules and abilities and take a bit more time to get used to.

Well, done solars, dragon-bloods and abyssals already. I have not done sidereal, lunar nor infernal so that's why I want to try infernal for change.

Quote from: RSGAlex on January 03, 2012, 11:35:11 PM
I'm being a bit literal with the fucking bit. A less charitable reading of one of the lines in the first chapter of infernals has every infernal get gang raped by a number of the Yozis souls (some of whom might not even have a human-ish form.) The Urge stays, the charms stay. If you decide to go to Malfeas and be part of the Yozi's Reclaimation, well you'll certainly be subject to some social-fu, but not to the level of what the book says.

(Also, the Exaltation is what we'd think of a morally uncaring. All an Infernal Exaltation wants is that you had a great moment of "You done fucked up, son" and the potential to do something great with power if given it. Not to say that it's infallible, but just really good.)

EDIT: Oh, and now that I remember, the Torments need some work, to different degrees.

Aaahaa, that part. Well fine if we ignore gang rape part entirely (not my cup of tea either). I will think some good reason why my char screwed up and got tempted for the power to use it.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: RSGAlex on January 03, 2012, 11:35:11 PM
I'm being a bit literal with the fucking bit. A less charitable reading of one of the lines in the first chapter of infernals has every infernal get gang raped by a number of the Yozis souls

???

I don't recall reading that, and I just skimmed through again and didn't find a reference to that..... There's that little line in there about how the first circle demon gains the infernal shard, but nothing beyond that. Same with an infernal being required to go back to Malfeas- the Yozi can tell them to come back all they want (that's what Torment and Unwoven Coadjutors are for), but the infernals still have free will (and the potential to dick over the Yozi, see exhibit Devil-Tiger).
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

Really, it doesn't have to be (at least to us the observers) such a good reason. It could just be not staying around to fight a last, unwinnable fight. Choosing to slink away in the night, rather than face certain death. It could be leaving your watch a minute early to get a drink, or share a warm bed with somebody (or somebodies).

It just needs to be enough that when the demon comes along, saying that they know how such things feel, how the world is corrupt, and how they will give you power to set things right, in return for serving, that you say yes. At least initially. You can always regret it, although how much you can take things back is debatable.

(EDIT: ShadowFox, look around the stuff for the Thing Infernal, which is another bad idea. Also, the Yozi can't control Torment, despite what the book says, because it would be a stupid idea. And the Coadjutor doesn't and can't commune with the Yozi.)

Please wait warmly.

Zaer Darkwail

Also when they arrive Malfeas they face the humanized form of the Yozi who has claim on his soul and sees other yozi if the shard or demon came from different yozi. Also have kind of tour to meet all the splintered parts of the yozi master/mistress.

ShadowFox89

I think I'll just pull out of this one before it starts. I'm not too keen on some of the "bad" stuff that is being claimed.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

If you wish, although I'm trying to cut out some of the more stupid bad stuff.

Please wait warmly.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 04, 2012, 12:17:55 AM
I think I'll just pull out of this one before it starts. I'm not too keen on some of the "bad" stuff that is being claimed.

So far any mention bad stuff is related only to infernal exaltation. So far GM has no problem with solars, abyssals, lunars and so forth (what I understand).

ShadowFox89

People that tend to try and take a scalpel to the game end up using a butcher's knife.

Yes, Lillun as she is is a bad idea. There's a re-fluff I can send you that has been met with a lot of approval from various people some forums. The Thing Infernal is merely a mandatory staff meeting for the Infernals lasting Calibration (5 days, not much of an issue), nothing too problematic.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

It's less the Thing Infernal, and more how it's presented. Which is a lot of the problem with the first parts of the book, and a consequence of not having the two teams communicate during the writing process. And my favored version of Lillun is that she is now equal parts persons and place.

And yeah, if people want to do a trippy Raksha based game, I can run that. Although, I'll trip a bit over the erratted and somewhat better charmset for a little bit, if only from unfamiliarity.

Please wait warmly.

Muse

I usualy prefer not to play villains, I do enough of that when I GM. 

But I'm pretty much down with anything for a chance to play exalted.  If the GM want's to run an infernals game, well, it would be a good learning process.  More so with Fair Folk. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AribethAmkiir

I'd be interested in joining this if it was kept to Dragon Blood, Lunar, Solar or Sidereal.  Not a fan of Abyssal or Infernals.  Haven't played Exalted in over a year, though I do have all the 2nd edition core books and quite a few of the setting books, along with things like the B&W Treatise and Scroll of the Monk.  Most of my Exalted experience came with 1st edition.  That being said, I completely stink at social-fu.

Blackshade10

*waves* I'm looking for RP!  Feel free to PM me!  I'm very open minded!