Vampires at War - Interest check/Sign up (Light - NC)

Started by persephone325, June 15, 2013, 11:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

persephone325

Just noticed one thing.

Strife, are you OK with having your character killed in a coven war? Just noticed you didn't have that in your CS.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Strifesblaze7

No I'm not okay with it. Lol. I must've missed that. Sorry.

Drake Valentine

Might want to have other Dark Beta being applied for,

Unless you want me to jump sides if someone else takes it. :P

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Strifesblaze7

Drake Valentine

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 18, 2013, 08:34:21 AM
There, finished finally. *Falls over.*

I look forward to seeing you character, Drake (:

- Rainbow ♥

MzHyde

Two suggestions;
1) Enough with the Asian vampires already. Variety is the spice of life. What about Romanian vampires? American? German? We can't all be ex-samurai/ninja vampires. If we are, this might as well be renamed Vampires: Yakuza or something. So, lets get more international.

2) You do not get a prize for being the oldest vampire. We can have young ones too, even in positions of power. It would make for an interesting situation to have a younger vampire in charge of older ones, and the resentment that might bring.

Strifesblaze7

We worked out our pair together and I mean isn't it a bit early to declare that there are too many vampires of one kind when only four are posted?

As for age, them both being 400 isn't bad, they are young Alpahas so there should be some anger and resentment.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: MzHyde on June 18, 2013, 03:46:00 PM
Two suggestions;
1) Enough with the Asian vampires already. Variety is the spice of life. What about Romanian vampires? American? German? We can't all be ex-samurai/ninja vampires. If we are, this might as well be renamed Vampires: Yakuza or something. So, lets get more international.

2) You do not get a prize for being the oldest vampire. We can have young ones too, even in positions of power. It would make for an interesting situation to have a younger vampire in charge of older ones, and the resentment that might bring.

My character isn't asian or old! XD (Though you have probably noticed this already, haha.)

- Rainbow ♥

Strifesblaze7

persephone325

Quote from: MzHyde on June 18, 2013, 03:46:00 PM
Two suggestions;

My preferred character ethnicity is Asian.

You're welcome to create other characters, as well if the balance upsets you. There will also be human characters to be played as well.

Or am I the only one playing more than one character...?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Strifesblaze7

MzHyde

Well, when roughly half the current cast is playing an old asian vampire, it IS a bit much. I'm not suggesting anyone current change their character, I'm suggesting new players stay away from that archetype.

Strifesblaze7

I wouldn't have mentioned had I seen the third, but I mean three in five may be a bit much but not enough for worry just yet I'd say. If I make a second I'm not sure what I'll do, maybe a German.

persephone325

Quote from: MzHyde on June 18, 2013, 04:18:45 PM
Well, when roughly half the current cast is playing an old asian vampire, it IS a bit much. I'm not suggesting anyone current change their character, I'm suggesting new players stay away from that archetype.

In my opinion, any vampire under 1000 years isn't "old". Katherine is quite young, as is Jack. Yumi and Toshiee are more "middle aged". Yoshi is the only vampire who's actually up there in years.

But everyone has a different opinion on what they perceive is "old".
I don't know.

xPeachyPuff

I may make a second character, but I'm not too sure....

- Rainbow ♥

MzHyde

If you're approaching half a century of life? Yeah, that's old. Especially for vampires, who tend to get more powerful as they age. Even without the mystical prowess, think about it; four hundred years alive? Think of how much knowledge and experience and skill you could accumulate with so much time.

Strifesblaze7

400 isn't all that old. I mean sure half a millennia is a bit on the older side but most vampires in a main role are around 300 hundred at least. So it isn't a huge stretch. 700 is different though, that truly is getting closer to old for sure.

zetzal

My character is only 90 and he's a delta. And my new profile picture is my apparence btw. I just need to edit my history to be longer I believe and i'll be set.

Strifesblaze7

90 is quite young. I mean I don't disagree with it all but I've gather one common thread from most vampire stories is that not only do vampires abilities increase with their age, so does things like self control making them less impetuous and impulsive.

Drake Valentine

A. I only used Asians for my creations for real people as it is a personal preference. Feel free to stalk my threads, that is all I use, you will not find any other Ethnicity characters other than anime people.
B. You think my character is old? I have much older. One who was turned back in 1,339 BC. I don't mind tossing a roughly three thousand year old vampire in here. Though I think the playby I use for him is Asian too........................ *Cough*
C. I disagree, anything under a century isn't that old.
D. If you don't like it, leave. I am not changing my character to fit who's ever tastes nor am I disengaging him from the game, unless I am told so by the creator. Honestly age doesn't matter to me. If you fear any GMing or PPing that may follow for older vampires- in terms of them being stronger, faster, better, whateverer, then don''t fret. I am reusing this mostly to solely enjoy playing a handicapped(aka blind) character to go back to my earlier roots of writing. If anything you should be kudos me than this hostility I sense in the arguments being tossed about so far. Take it or leave it.

Strifesblaze7

I've played a 200 million year old character so age is no deal to me. I mean these are creatures blessed with eternal life.

persephone325

Quote from: MzHyde on June 18, 2013, 04:35:18 PM
If you're approaching half a century of life? Yeah, that's old. Especially for vampires, who tend to get more powerful as they age. Even without the mystical prowess, think about it; four hundred years alive? Think of how much knowledge and experience and skill you could accumulate with so much time.

I see where you're coming from. But I just think "old" is a subjective point of view. I think it also depends on how the vampire has used their time on earth. They could be 800 years old, and done nothing but sit around on their ass. lol

But let's all just agree to disagree. I don't want any fights breaking out. The game hasn't even started! lol
I don't know.

MzHyde