Allright, simple questions i think, but needed and helpfull.

Started by Zayaah, June 14, 2008, 03:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayaah

I've been looking around the site for the past few days after getting accepted, and i THINK i understand to a workable degree. I'll figure out more once i actually start rping here. I think I'm going to attempt putting up an rp now, but before i do, i need to get a few things straightened out.

I've been looking around for some rp to join so that i could better understand the site before i make an attempt to put my own rp up, however all the rps I've seen seem mostly based around sex. Dont get me wrong, i have nothing against the idea, can work perfectally fine in a situation like that, and i had fully expected that the idea would be part of this site, seeing as i needed to be 18 and the fact that this this site is labled mature. However, i expected that the idea would be netted as part of a larger, more material story line, not as the main focus. Is there something I'm not understanding? or did i simply missunderstand from the beginning?

Xillen

It differs. Some stories are just going from one sex scene to another, while others can go for pages without so much as an uncovered breast. You should check on the description of starting games. Don't hesitate to ask if it remains a little vague.

Now, if you want to start your own story, you should check out the boards under Gaming and Writing to the left, namely "One on One / Solos Wanted", "Players Wanted" and "GMs/Games Wanted" (and Chat Help and Games if you're also interested in realtime games). One on One / Solos is for a game between two players, Players wanted is for a game between more than two players, and GMs/Games Wanted is for either two or more players, where the thread starter has an idea (s)he wants to play out, but is looking for another person to take upon the role of storyteller and lead the game.

Feel free to browse through the existing threads to see if there's a game of your liking. If something interests you, simply reply to the thread, or send a PM to the thread starter. It never hurts to inquire. You can also post your own thread with your own story ideas. Just give a desciption of the story you have in mind, as well as what players you are looking for. You might want to include what board you would like to play it on, as it gives a bit of info to the other players about the sexual level.

In addition, you might want to check the Ons and Offs threads (under General Sexiness), and make a thread for yourself. It's ok if it's small at the start, you can always come back and edit it to add topics later on.

Greetings, Xillen.

Vekseid

Games that don't focus on sex may not always be clear about it and/or can easily get lost in the others.  I of all people am fully aware that the Wanted boards need pretty significant tooling - I'm still not sure how to best organize them yet.

In general, though, group games tend to be less about sex, so if you look at the Players Wanted and GMs wanted, you may find what you are looking for. As a rule, even games that are all about sex usually have a significant amount of buildup.

Zayaah

Ok, that's reassuring. Like i said, i have no problem with that kind of stuff, but i love storytelling. Anyway, thanks for the reassurance. I'll look into the players wanted and set up my idea...hopefully its not too big...i scared away all the younger players of my previous site, if i scare away adults I'll cry, lol.

Vekseid

Elvi

Some of the best games I've played have been 'gritty and adult', but with little or no sexual content at all.
All of the games that I have/am playing in have a very strong story line and are quite involved.

Can I suggest that if that is what you want, then you post up a few ideas of your own and ask for players to join you?
There are many of us that enjoy a really good plot and are not just in it 'for the sex' and certainly a lot that will not be 'frightened' by your ideas....*smiles*

(Also, if you feel that you need a sounding board, please feel free to send me a message.)
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Vekseid

Start with a brief description, a back-cover style 'hook' to get people interested, for your first post or the first part of your first post.

Xillen

Quote from: Zayaah on June 14, 2008, 03:33:22 PM
A what?

My thoughts exactly. :P

If it might comfort you, there are two games on this board that I'm participating in, where my characters haven't actually seen any sex whatsoever (during the game), and I would be perfectly fine if it stayed that way. Maybe one of them does run into a sexscene, though.

Zayaah

lol.

Quoteand certainly a lot that will not be 'frightened' by your ideas....*smiles*

I came to a more mature site for just this hope. Its big though...I've had alot of people say " aww don't worry, i like big rps," then they see mine and run away screaming...

Zayaah

Quote from: Vekseid on June 14, 2008, 03:35:24 PM
Start with a brief description, a back-cover style 'hook' to get people interested, for your first post or the first part of your first post.

hmm, never tried that. I'll see if i can pull it off.

Vekseid

Attention is a form of currency. Need to convince people about what you want them yo buy : )

Zayaah

Like i said, i'v never tried it. How does it work?

Xillen

Basically, when people click your thread, they start to read at the top. You have to use that part of your post to capture the reader's interest. Sometimes, the first post (or part of the first post) could be used. Other times, you might use a summary, but written in an interesting way.

If you click the "Story Ideas" link in my signature, then there's an example. It's not completely true what I said, since I have multiple story ideas, and thus a small header above them, but it's the parts in italics that I mean.