The Circle Starts Again (We're starting, still Recruiting! Freeform game)

Started by Angie, October 31, 2014, 11:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnette

Player: ReaperDouble0

Name: Adreanna Tenebris

Vital Stats:
    • 5'3" foot tall (5'5" with shoes)
    • Roughly 75 lbs (34KG)
    • Blood-red eyes
    • Bisexual
    Mage/Hunter: Mage

Elements:
    • Darkness (5)
    Powers:
    • Shadow-manipulation (Solidification, manipulation)
    • Blending (Cloaking presence)
    • Replica-production (Producing a life-like replica of a person)
    • Cloaking (Making a small space fade into darkness for a short while)
    Skills:
    • Natural senses (Very good ears and nose)
    • Agile (Very quick moves)
    • Nightvision

Gear:
    • One extremely poisonous tanto-dagger (causes strong hallucinations, dizziness and strong sickness, the combination being enough to kill a human target in less than a minute)
    • One Japanese fox-mask (Being worn nearly constantly)
    Personality: Adreanna is a woman of few words. She hardly ever opens her mouth, unless she believes she has a reason to, and even then, her words tend to be cloudy and hard to understand, being full of riddles and whatever confusing element she manages to pump into it. She normally cuts the act if she takes off the mask, which makes some believe that the riddle-filled speech is related to the mask, though it has yet to be confirmed.

Bio: Nothing much to say to be honest, her life has been rather straightforward. She was born by a pair of magus, so it wasn't surprising that she had talent for it as well. She pursued darkness magic like her father did, and became quite talented. For a while, she didn't use it for much else than making life a little bit easier, but when she got recruited into The Circle, she started to do jobs for them.

Extra: Apparently the list-coding is broken.[/list]
    I'm available on Discord!
    Feel free to message me if you want to chat
    Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
    My request thread

Angie

I should probably mention-Reaper, your stuff is perfect, but since your Element is Darkness, there's no need for you to spell out your powers. Adreanna can do all that and more with her mastery of Darkness.

So now might be a good time to mention how the magic works: You tell me what you want to do with your magic, and I tell you if you can do that at your current level of elemental mastery. If not, get creative.
    Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

wander

Just a quick character here for looking over. I can change things around pretty easily to ease approval if needed. This is more to get the character in early... :)

===

Player: Wander

Name: Jake Avernia

Vital Stats: Male. Dark hair, hazel eyes. 5'6 and around 150lbs. Bi erring on feminine appearance.

Mage/Hunter: Mage

Elements:

• Death 3
    • Gravity 2

Skills:

• Gifted Artist: Great for painting more complex runes, pentagrams etc for rituals
    • Sneaky: Being small and limber, they're good at hiding and general savvy based abilities
    • Random Trivia Guy: Knows all sorts about things most people don't tend to bother remembering
    • Sniper: The art of the head-shot has been perfected by regular practice

Gear: Mundane stuff and an enchanted laser-sight fitted pistol that powers up rounds with elemental power.

Personality:
    Jake is smart and friendly. His small builds lends him to be laid back and let others do as they wish most of the time. He tends to step up more when he has to. That doesn't mean he doesn't do much though, he's talkative, flirty and quite analytical, hanging back to get his position just right. Jake tends to be neutral on matters but can also be quite unpredictable at times. He likes to have fun and dislikes bullies.

Bio: Jake was a regular guy growing up, as much as someone geeky like him could be, of course. He was brought into the Circle from the age of 20 when he was found by another Mage, Jake's powers weren't completely under his control and thankfully he was brought in and taught how to refine and use his abilities. He is motivated to keep the fight of the Circle going as he is a firm believer in freedom and opposes tyranny wherever it rears it's head.

Extra: Nothing quite yet.

Angie

wander

Cool! I am gonna see at some point if I can get a character image up also. Just for the visual. I have a specific kind of image in mind, so shouldn't be too hard to sort out and post up. :)

Drake Valentine

Eh, what would fall under object manipulation or is there anything that could bring objects to 'life' such as control magic?  >.> 

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
    Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
    Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Angie

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 01, 2014, 08:55:30 PM
    Eh, what would fall under object manipulation or is there anything that could bring objects to 'life' such as control magic?  >.>

Gravity is probably where object manipulation is. As for bringing objects to life...whoo. Gonna need a bit of elaboration, my friend.

Drake Valentine

Thinking of making 'puppet master' type character.

Someone that's magic that can resonate and give more 'identity' to an object while it is controlled. Of course, that too could be in later stages when magic upgrades. Basically going for creations that may be controlled through commands but still have their own personalities to them. >.> Or may even act individually within their master's vicinity.

Probably would entail a mixture of magic since I don't see any actual 'manipulation' category.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Angie

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 01, 2014, 09:08:08 PM
    Thinking of making 'puppet master' type character.

Someone that's magic that can resonate and give more 'identity' to an object while it is controlled. Of course, that too could be in later stages when magic upgrades. Basically going for creations that may be controlled through commands but still have their own personalities to them. >.> Or may even act individually within their master's vicinity.

Probably would entail a mixture of magic since I don't see any actual 'manipulation' category.

I can see a really good Life or Earth mage doing that. Life controls living essence, while Earth could probably make golems too.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 01, 2014, 09:16:24 PM
    I can see a really good Life or Earth mage doing that. Life controls living essence, while Earth could probably make golems too.

Excuse typos, on cell.

I was thinking 'living' dolls. Be they machines, artifical crafted manqueins, or reanimated humans.... Latter probably creepiest of three.

Angie

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 02, 2014, 01:19:20 AM

Excuse typos, on cell.

I was thinking 'living' dolls. Be they machines, artifical crafted manqueins, or reanimated humans.... Latter probably creepiest of three.

Definitely Life, then.

Sain

About dem hunters... so what if the magic item wasn't that minor, but to balance it out would rather be pretty much the source of much of that hunter's powers?  I've been thinking of this well dressed gentleman hunter with gravity type walking cane that can expand and become larger staff with a large steel ball in one end that can further shatter into some sort of multilayered magical gyrospcope that somehow enables the hunter to swing that mace around faster than he should and maybe double it to work as some kinda funky staff broom for flying. Could be an heirloom or some artefact that he just happened to come across.
    PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Lynnette

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 02, 2014, 01:19:20 AM

Excuse typos, on cell.

If it was re-animated humans, it would be necromancery, which falls under death.
    Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Rajah

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on November 02, 2014, 05:56:07 AM
    If it was re-animated humans, it would be necromancery, which falls under death.

Maybe. You could say re-animated humans are different than zombies - powered by Life, they're like people (maybe healthier and stronger) and are intelligent and relatively free-willed ("I can release the spell and kill you" is pretty compelling). Zombies and skeletons and such are powered by Death, making them unconcerned with pain, injury, or fatigue and with an innate facility for harming living things.
    "They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Drake Valentine

Well I am starting with dolls and moving up, assuming skills/magic upgrades, which I hope since it is power 1-10.

Drake Valentine

Player:
    Drake Valentine
    Name:
    Tora Rozkov
    Vital Stats:
    • 5’9” Height
    • Roughly  155lbs
    • Yellow Eyes
    • Hetrosexual
    Mage/Hunter:
    Mage
    Elements:
    • Life (3)
    • Entropy (1)
    • Time (1)
    Powers:
    • Command - Tora's mixture of magic defies natural physics. He can bring life to objects, mainly the dolls he has created over the years of study within the Circle. This is far from perfect, he still has to be within a vicinity to maintain control over them, however they also are not just artificial entities. They are lifelike and have personalities of their own, despite how small. Many speculate this is through forbidden alchemy or even the butchering of magic by binding it together. Unfortunately he can only actively command one at one time without the cost of his freedom of movement.
    • WIP
    • WIP
    • WIP
    Skills:
    • Martial Artist (Unlike other Mages, he takes direct approach and can coordinate his fighting style with his puppets)
    • Strategist (He is a natural born tactician and often exploits any weakness he finds. He uses this also with others or with his puppets.)
    • Tinker/Alchemy (Though this goes mainly to crafting new toys or improving/upgrading present ones. 'Spoils of war,' after all.)

Gear:
    • Headphones (Nothing special)
    • Puppet(s) (Whichever he takes along on a mission will alter his fighting style or approach.)
    Personality:
    Tora is what one would call an elitist through and through.  At most times he is quiet and reserved, staying to himself and his humanoid dolls. While there are other moments where he may be looking down upon any around him if they are not giving their all or showing signs of weakness. Tora is not easily swayed by emotions, he has had his fair share of encounters before his stay within the Circle, where some may choose to flirt with him or flat out try to fight him; trivia matters as those never got to him and he often met such issues and other incidents head on, professionally and even coldly at that.

His strongest point is that same cool nature of his, he has a knack at general strategy and finding the quickest means to an end for any fight. It is not to say, all his tactics are tasteful, some of them are outright dirty if it means he comes off top and wins. Of course, his methods are also dangerous to the well being of any that may partner with him, he does not spend time to look over the minor details of someone getting hurt or killed; such is the small sacrifices in any bout. He expects those around him to follow orders to a T and if not, then the consequences that come are their own.

The darkest attribute of his personality is that his way of thinking focuses on one simple factor, that he and everyone else is a tool of the Circle in which they serve. Those that may lose their way; why, he does not mind helping them find their path back along it. He believes everything can be fix with a bit of tinkering and would not mind getting his hands on some lively subjects for doll creation. One of his current dreams in becoming a master Mage is to not have as many restrictions with his toys and to create more life-like creations through forbidden means.

Bio:
    TBA

Extra:

Puppets. Presently he can use only one puppet in battle and must be within vicinity of it to use.

NubianLegend

Kendrick King

Player: NubianLegend

Name: Kendrick King

Nickname/Alias: Bruiser King, 黒竜 Kokuryū (Black Dragon)

Vital Stats:

• 6'1" (186 cm)
    • 190lbs (86 kg)
    • Reddish eyes
    • Straight

Mage/Hunter: Hunter

Elements: Air

Powers:

• Floating/Gliding
    • Instantaneous blurring
    • Wind Release
    • Ice-melting stare

Skills:

• Raw Athleticism
    • Advanced Swordsmanship
    • Mixed Martial Arts
    • Ambi-dexteriety
    • Manual Handiness(He can fix or create just about anything)
    • Violin technique

Gear: His motorbike, his sword as pictured, one flare gun, his prepaid burner,  and his stashe.

Personality: Kendrick is a talented up-and-coming agent within the group of mages and hunters known as "The Circle". Personality-wise, Kendrick is a free soul marching to the beat of his drum. Not to be confused with typical depictions of free-rogue type characters. He does possess generally good social skills.  Despite his tough guy appearance and persona, Kendrick sits rather comfortable on the mellow end of the personality spectrum. Kendrick lives up to his tough-as-nails persona, as he has a sort of muted ruthless proclivity toward his work, but as interesting are the many hidden depths and idiosyncrasies that lie within the man and his unorthodox personal code.

Bio: TBA

Extra: King's Theme.

Angie

Quote from: Sain on November 02, 2014, 05:18:47 AM
    About dem hunters... so what if the magic item wasn't that minor, but to balance it out would rather be pretty much the source of much of that hunter's powers?  I've been thinking of this well dressed gentleman hunter with gravity type walking cane that can expand and become larger staff with a large steel ball in one end that can further shatter into some sort of multilayered magical gyrospcope that somehow enables the hunter to swing that mace around faster than he should and maybe double it to work as some kinda funky staff broom for flying. Could be an heirloom or some artefact that he just happened to come across.

That could work. Let's start with the weapon idea though-your artifact might also grow in power as you do!

Drake and Nubian, you guys are good. We have a serious lack of ladies in the Circle. Well, I should be getting the OOC and IC and Character threads up soon, as well as an explanation of the various missions you'll be sent on!

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 02, 2014, 12:11:22 PM
    That could work. Let's start with the weapon idea though-your artifact might also grow in power as you do!

Drake and Nubian, you guys are good. We have a serious lack of ladies in the Circle. Well, I should be getting the OOC and IC and Character threads up soon, as well as an explanation of the various missions you'll be sent on!

But, but, but. Tora has plenty of ladies.  XD

My god, I can see roommates becoming weird/freaked out entering a room full of female 'lifeless' dolls. :3

Sain

Almost forgot! Something I must ask before getting too into character creation. What sort of posting pace and size were you (and why not other players) imagining for this game? Will it be couple of sentences per exchange or paragraph(s). Personally I prefer longer and slower, but would rather not wait until game start to realize my posting speed doesn't match the game.

Also, if we're low on ladies I can just as easily make it a woman in a suit :P You know in the style of Saber from fate zero.

Angie

Quote from: Sain on November 02, 2014, 12:21:01 PM
    Almost forgot! Something I must ask before getting too into character creation. What sort of posting pace and size were you (and why not other players) imagining for this game? Will it be couple of sentences per exchange or paragraph(s). Personally I prefer longer and slower, but would rather not wait until game start to realize my posting speed doesn't match the game.

Also, if we're low on ladies I can just as easily make it a woman in a suit :P You know in the style of Saber from fate zero.

Blah, knew I was forgetting something. I would like at least once a day so it doesn't lag, and size is a little variable-basically, all i require for posting is that you respond to anything directed at you (or stuff around you on occasion) and then 'advance' a little. So, if a monster suddenly swings a massive blade at an earth mage, I'd expect a response to be he creates a stone barrier and then attacks back. Stuff like that.

Lynnette

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 02, 2014, 12:26:36 PM
    Blah, knew I was forgetting something. I would like at least once a day so it doesn't lag, and size is a little variable-basically, all i require for posting is that you respond to anything directed at you (or stuff around you on occasion) and then 'advance' a little. So, if a monster suddenly swings a massive blade at an earth mage, I'd expect a response to be he creates a stone barrier and then attacks back. Stuff like that.

One post per person each day is quite the extreme expectation, most games expect roughly three well-written posts per week, one per day is pretty much trying to kill those participating. Its fine wanting it, but you can't expect it of people.
    Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Angie

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on November 02, 2014, 12:28:31 PM
    One post per person each day is quite the extreme expectation, most games expect roughly three well-written posts per week, one per day is pretty much trying to kill those participating. Its fine wanting it, but you can't expect it of people.

Hmm, that is quite fair. Okay, ignore what I just said (can you tell this is my first group game?) and do what she said. Three a week.

Lynnette

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 02, 2014, 12:30:12 PM
    Hmm, that is quite fair. Okay, ignore what I just said (can you tell this is my first group game?) and do what she said. Three a week.

Kind of, but you're doing an alright job. Expecting three posts in 1on1 conversations is a fine phase, with aberrations allowed. When people are gone for more than a week, you message them and ask where they are, and if they fall under three posts a week, it's normally because something's up you know, not everyone has many hours to spend every day.
    Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Sain

Yeah, personally I was considering I could make probably 1-3 posts a week indeed. Probably more if there happened to be a just 2 character scene and both me and the other player are around at the same time. The more people you throw in the same scene the more it slows down of course. If people move around in those 4 people groups you'd probably have approximately 1-2 posts a week if you're going fast. I should be able to manage this.

So was the broom/cane/mace concept alright then Angie :D? Perhaps I should go with a suited lady since the party looks rather male heavy.