The Lumination (Interest Check - LGBTQ friendly, Extreme, Freeform/Sandbox)

Started by bubby, November 09, 2014, 10:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

I just want to say, I didn't mean to start something.

As far as I'm concerned, "GM's Word Is Law". Bubby, if you want to allow as many characters as a player feels comfortable with, I'm not going to argue.

Blinkin makes a valid point and I have seen this happen, but I think the obvious counter to that is that if someone drops out, their character is confiscated and can be NPCed by the GMor another player to close off any open scenes.

This is something I have added to my standard rules of play, and it seems to work well.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

PrestaDGTation

BUBBY-SAMA!!

Oh, WOW!!  Let me in on this!!

*starts to nom on the thread*
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

bubby

Quote from: PrestaDGTation on November 18, 2014, 10:44:11 PM
  BUBBY-SAMA!!

Oh, WOW!!  Let me in on this!!

*starts to nom on the thread*

AGH OMG PRESTA YOU MUST YOU MUST! You'd make an awesome sister if you'd like, but if not you can play whatever you'd like!

After a bit of consideration and the few who've put in their thoughts, I've decided to allow no more then 3 chars per person. As a total sandbox type of game, there more then likely will be the possibility of people dropping, but I'll leave it to the partner to decide on how the want to proceed if this happens. Once this thing starts I'll post up a few rules, such as 'don't be a dick/twat and disappear if you're in the middle of a game if you can help it', and such like that, as well as a few others that I feel will be pertinent for this idea.

I want everyone to know that I am very open to ideas and suggestions, and questions as well, that can be PM'd or put here.

bubby

*FLAIL*

Hella busy lately. Annoyingly so. If it's not one thing it's another. Hopefully next week things will be smoothed out enough I'll be able to get some sort of character template up.

Chrystal

*hugs* It's always the way, isn't it? Just when you have this amazing idea for a new group game, and think you are going to have time and energy to run it, real life comes crashing in and removes one or the other, and quite often both!

We all understand.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Wajin

Bubby! Why do you have to make awesome games that I in no way have time for yet most certainly is gonna join...

Also... I feel like playing Ao Kuang, but I don't know how you feel about Dragon-Kings of chinese mythology so...
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Hazy Sky

*Skyre pitches his tent in the corner and unpacks his camp fire, arm chair and stack of Calvin and Hobbes books as he waits for Bubby. The Union Flag flying from the tent pole flutters in the gentle breeze as Skyre snuggles down and starts to chuckle to himself.*
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Chrystal

Quote from: skyre on November 26, 2014, 05:09:16 AM
*Skyre pitches his tent in the corner and unpacks his camp fire, arm chair and stack of Calvin and Hobbes books as he waits for Bubby. The Union Flag flying from the tent pole flutters in the gentle breeze as Skyre snuggles down and starts to chuckle to himself.*

Personally I think it would look a lot better without those silly blue bits. Can't we kick the Scots out anyway?

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Chrystal on November 26, 2014, 08:46:15 AM
Personally I think it would look a lot better without those silly blue bits. Can't we kick the Scots out anyway?

You're have to work with what you've got. Scotland is currently in, so they stay on the flag. That's only logical Captain. *Makes a Spock like gesture and goes back to the tigers.*

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Bloodied Porcelain

*wanders over and curls up in skyre's lap, making herself comfortable*
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

bubby

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on November 26, 2014, 04:27:30 AM
Bubby! Why do you have to make awesome games that I in no way have time for yet most certainly is gonna join...

Also... I feel like playing Ao Kuang, but I don't know how you feel about Dragon-Kings of chinese mythology so...

MY SWEETNESS! Lol, I barely have time myself. Busy. HOWEVER, this game will happen! Soon-ish. And you can bring in whatever character you'd like m'luv, that's the flavor of this game!

*Eyes skyre, and Chrystal, has no clue what's happening, but doesn't care cuz it's nice to see camping going on!*

OK GANG.. I heart u all so much for your patience. THIS WEEKEND I'll be working on this again! As I mentioned before, at the very least I'll be making a char template for the sisters and a less involved one for other characters. Thanks! :D

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

bubby

Quote from: Deamonbane on November 26, 2014, 12:16:09 PM
Would Darian go for the less involved character template?

No, I'll expect him to have the full Luminatti one.

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on November 26, 2014, 09:24:47 AM
*wanders over and curls up in skyre's lap, making herself comfortable*

*Smiles, wriggles over and makes room on the chair for Blooded. Sets the book on his knee so she can see the pages clearly.*

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Bloodied Porcelain

Pfffft. Chairs suck. Laps are far more comfy. *reads book while she knits*
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

bubby

Deamonbane

bubby

Name: Lilith Luminatti
Race: Half Unseelie
Description Long platinum hair, silvery eyes, pale skin. Stands at 5'6”, strong yet curvy. Scent=lilac

Personality: Lilith takes no bullshit, especially in her bar. Her word is law. She can be quick to smile and laugh, but she is also quick into anger. When it comes to her sisters, her love knows no bounds. As the oldest, she tends to let her sisters know when she thinks they are screwing up, tries to keep them on 'the right path', always makes sure she's there with a shoulder, a hug, or an ear. Unfortunately, between her responsibility to the Lumination and to her sisters, Lilith tends to put her own needs and desires on the back burner. The words 'bitter shrew' have been bandied about.

History: The oldest of the Luminatti clan, Lilith is the one sister who knows of their elusive Father the most. Born from a High Noble in the Winter Court, her mother was killed by the Queen of Air and Darkness when she was nearly a year old, for the crime of bearing a child not of pure blood. Lilith has no recollection of this time in her life at all, her first memory being of being held within the strong arms of her Father, dropped off at the Luminatti Manor, and then watching him leave. She was raised by the caretakers of the massive Estate, from maids and cooks to gardeners and stable masters. It was surely this upbringing that allowed her to eventually take over the running of the manor, as well as deciding to build the Lumination.

She was perhaps 6 when the first sister arrived. Her glee at seeing her Father once more was cut short however, as she did not receive the warm and loving embrace she was expecting. Instead, this enigma of a man crouched down in front of her, gazing at her through hard eyes, reaching out to gently tuck an errant strand of white hair behind her ear. “ You must be their mother now Lilith. Teach them well...” .. and with that he was gone again. As she grew, more sisters would arrive, she would gain a stoic nod from her Father, and that would be that.

And so it went. Lilith became the Mother to her sisters, all growing so fierce, so free, so determined to win at whatever they set their mind to. Once the Lumination was built, slowly but surely word spread from traveler to traveler who happened upon the place. Stories were told, rumors of magic surrounding the land, of the sisters themselves being sirens.

None of these stories are denied, or given credence...

Skills/Power: Being a progeny of the Winter Court, when Lilith's anger rises she has the capability of a Freezing Touch, akin to the strength of liquid nitrogen. She is also very skilled in riding, sword and knife, and has a very keen head for business.

On&Off: See sig
Player bubby

ALL RIGHTY! So, there is Lilith. Below is the character sheet template. I have decided that it can be universal, and used by all. This be the second phase of the interest check! Getting up your characters.
FOR ALL THOSE WANTING TO PLAY A LUMINATTI -- PM me your characters for approval first please! Everyone else can simply post them here. Aaaannnnd GO!

[float=right][img][/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Skills/Power:[/b]
[b]On&Off:[/b]
[b]Player[/b]

Wajin

Soooo most divine and fantastic bubby, is there an age limit since he whom I wish to play is sorta... ancient... or should I just put ??? in the age? :P
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

bubby

Quote from: Blinkin on November 30, 2014, 03:03:44 PM
No pic yet, but if someone wants to help out, go for it.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name:  Mist
Race:  Valkeri
Description: Mist is an impressive image of womanhood, standing 5’9 in her bare feet, her honey-blonde hair frames an oval face with large, colbalt blue eyes over high cheekbones and a straight, narrow nose in a peaches and cream complexion. Full, lush lips that curl up ever so slightly at the corners gives her a look of mischief and perhaps knowing something that has amused her. A long, slender neck leads to shoulders that may be a hair too wide and firm, generous D-cupped breast. A narrow, trim waist flows sensually into rounded hips and a tight ass before becoming long, slender legs. All in all, a tall glass of mead.
Personality:  Mist is a unique blend of utter seriousness and outrageous, mischievous-making flirt. When it comes to the inn and her sisters, she is as serious as death and has a temper that few would willingly cross; when it’s not  involving her family, Mist is an unabashed flirt and makes few bones about her love of physical pleasure in all of it’s forms. When one of her sisters needs her, she’s there in every way and willing to enforce her big-sister’s dictates… in her own mischievous ways. Fun-loving and full of energy, she seems to only rarely hold still when there’s something to do.
History:  Mist is the result of a wild night of passion between her father and one of Oden’s valkeries, the blue-eyed babe breeding true to her nortic roots 9 months later. Although a valkeri through and through, her father’s blood hasn’t gone without it’s own factors; her mother leaving Mist to her father when it became necessary to return to her immortal duties; there is no space for a child in battle.

It was only shortly after this that she was left to the care of her older-sister and surrogate mother. Mist quickly fell in love with her sister and followed her about endlessly… and discovering a knack for mischief that must of surely of driven the older sibling to distraction any number of times.

As Mist grew, the introduction to her younger sisters led to some interesting encounters; her desire for her fathers approval never quite finding it’s mark and ending up pushing the girl further and further into outrageous acts in an attempt to force his attentions.

Mist discovered boys at the early age of 11 in the form of the stable-master and one of the maids in the stables and her curiosity did not abate until she was well into her mid-teens and her own ill-fated twist with a passing peddler. Not that it stopped her from acting out, it just made her more selective about her activities.

When the Inn opened it’s doors, the honey-blonde haired girl found her nitch as a barmaid and entertainer of the crowd; her singing voice one of sweet melody. She has worked at the inn all of her life and wants for no other… unless it’s the warmer of some handsome man’s bed…
Skills/Power: Mist has an uncanny knack at brewing and making of the inn’s mead; keeping her own honey bees for the production each year. She also has unexpected physical strength for her sex and size and can call a sword to her hand at will; whelding it with great skill.
On&Off:  See Signature
Player Blinkin

Blinkin darlin, I need you to PM this to me, since you're looking to play a sister. I'll look it through and let you know what tweaks to do.

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on November 30, 2014, 03:20:38 PM
Soooo most divine and fantastic bubby, is there an age limit since he whom I wish to play is sorta... ancient... or should I just put ??? in the age? :P

No age limit! ;)

Hazy Sky

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm still trying to work on my idea. >.> Being sick does not loan itself easily to... you know... thinking.

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on December 01, 2014, 09:36:23 AM
I'm still trying to work on my idea. >.> Being sick does not loan itself easily to... you know... thinking.

*Cools Porcelain's fevered brow with an ice water soaked cloth.*
Aww... You poor thing.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: skyre on December 01, 2014, 09:39:23 AM
*Cools Porcelain's fevered brow with an ice water soaked cloth.*
Aww... You poor thing.

*whimpers and accepts the pampering*