News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Favorite smell?

Started by Kira Kimaru, January 11, 2011, 06:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kira Kimaru

I was talking with some friends when an interesting subject of body sprays and perfumes and colognes  was brought up. So I'm going to ask everyone the same question what kinds of scents do you like when it comes to scented products and why?

Well for me I like the smell of pomegranate the most, I have this dove body spray and shampoo/conditioner and it's really my favorite. I like just cause it's sweet but subtle at the same time.

Aiden

Orange!

Soap, cleaner and the best stuff the tub of orange goop they sell at auto parts stores!

Specific scents I am really partial to my colognes which have been Stetson and Wild country since I was wearing cologne
Baby powder scented deodorant

Serephino

It's so hard to pick!  I love the smell of roses of course.  One of my absolute favorite scents is Moonlit Path by Bath and Body Works.  I could grab a bottle and sniff it all day long. 

The candle I'm burning now is Holiday Cupcake.  I have another that's Orange Creamsicle  Stuff that smells like food is always a big hit with me.  I like sweet smells and soft flowery musks.  One Yankee Candle scent I love is Tiare flower. 

Every time I go into the Yankee Candle store it takes me like a half hour to pick one.  I've never been a big fan of cologne, but I do like Cool Water.     

AtlasEros

O/O

Star Safyre

Oddly enough, I love the scent of Play-doh.  Perhaps it's just the paradox of how good it smells verses how it fails to appeal to the other senses.
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Fae Brin

The idea hovered and shivered delicately, like a soap bubble, and she dared not even look at it directly in case it burst. 
But she was familiar with the way of ideas, and she let it
shimmer, looking away, thinking about something else.
and a subtle fear [capture d] my  h  e  a  r  t.
already [wet] and we're gonna go s w i m ming

Oniya

Quote from: Star Safyre on January 12, 2011, 07:59:17 PM
Oddly enough, I love the scent of Play-doh.  Perhaps it's just the paradox of how good it smells verses how it fails to appeal to the other senses.

Crayons.  A newly opened box of Crayola crayons.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Silverfyre

Coffee, in all its forms and combinations. 

DudelRok

My nose is picky, I'm allergic to a lot of fragrances and it took me YEARS to find a shampoo soap combo that didn't make my eyes burn bright red just by their mixture of smell. I like weird smells, in that instance. O.o

Like, my dog after I just gave her a bath. Wet dog smell + flea shampoo (unscented). I say, jokingly, she smells like poison cause of the flea shampoo then rub my nose into her neck. :p XD

Uh... I like my own smell. That weird natural smell I have which has firmly imprinted into my sheets and makes my room my room. It's actually technically an unpleasant smell but it tells me this is where I live. I can not sleep, at all, unless I smell that smell from my pillow. XD

Hmm... well I like the smell of a fresh made meal. Doesn't really matter what, really, but garlic is extra nice. O.o

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Craz

This is a very specific one.

Poppyseed chicken. It is possibly my favorite smell in the world one it is done cooking. Simply because it is that amazing of an orgasmic taste. 

violet girl

Quote from: Star Safyre on January 12, 2011, 07:59:17 PM

I love the scent of Play-doh, too!! I also loved the scent of Colorforms...remember them?

My favorite scent has to be the smell of burning wood. It is perfumy and nostalgic.

I also love the smell of fresh lavender right off the plant. Fresh lilacs, too...
Sexy like Sadie...No 'G' no 'R,' Baby, I'm 'X'-rated... " Let Yourself Get Down" Luscious Jackson | In Search of Manny LP (1993)
~Angela Hayes - Mena Suvari~
American Beauty

Saerrael

Freshly baked bread. Mmmmmmmmmm....

MomoPeach

Vanilla is my favorite smell of all. All of my body stuff is mostly vanilla. Next is Japanese cherry blossom and Amber Romance which smells good on my skin. My absolute favorite smell though is books. I love the smell of old books. It's so comforting.

Alika Luminos

Quote from: MomoPeach on February 01, 2011, 09:44:55 PM
My absolute favorite smell though is books. I love the smell of old books. It's so comforting.

+1 for book smell! I love the smell of used book stores and libraries. ^ ^

It's very hard to pick my favorite, but I tend to gravitate towards musky and woodsy scents like amber and sandalwood. I have a great candle that is tobacco (fragrant tobacco leaves not icky cigarettes) and bergamot - it makes my house smell absolutely amazing.

RubySlippers

Don't freak out this is freaky, the scent of my lover when she hasn't washed after a day at work I love her body oder it drives me crazy. She prefers me all clean and fresh with a bodywash she pickes out usually a high end floral scent but has several she likes. Kind of odd, huh.

Will

Bacon!  Nothing else comes close.  Just bacon.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Fae Brin

Other than vanilla--

Gasoline, probably. I joke not. I know it's bad-- but something about it--

>.>

<.<
The idea hovered and shivered delicately, like a soap bubble, and she dared not even look at it directly in case it burst. 
But she was familiar with the way of ideas, and she let it
shimmer, looking away, thinking about something else.
and a subtle fear [capture d] my  h  e  a  r  t.
already [wet] and we're gonna go s w i m ming

Ursaminor

For me the the smell of vanilla and the smell of my love after a nice sweaty workout. For some reason he doesn't stink he just smells like a man and that is nice.

Star Safyre

When I smell motor oil and body odor together, it brings back good memories of watching my dad or grandpa work on cars in the garage.  It's a comfortingly masculine scent combination for me.
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Ryven

It's a close tie between citrus and bleach.  Perhaps the two put together.