News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest Check : Shipwrecked Otaku Island

Started by KrystalizedKiss, March 16, 2012, 05:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrystalizedKiss

Something I copied from somewhere of an old RP I had done a long time ago. Since I said I won't be able to post until the 23rd, I kind of meant it. I only just copied this. ._. So yeah. Just wanted to get this out there and see if anyone is interested.

Plot: For many years, otakus have roamed anime conventions for all over the world. And now, comes the biggest one of them all: a cruise line for anime otakus. What more could anyone want?

From the littlest of anime interested people to the biggest anime nerds of all time, this place is to be. However, what most of the people aboard the ship don't know, is that the ship itself is destined for something. The cruise line had screened people for some kind of characteristic, but most of the time, they seem to pass...  And the thing is, each person who seems to come aboard the ship, are some kind of supernatural creature or being... or so the rumor goes.

The ship is mysterious and to be able to get a ticket is amazing. It's said that it was super rare to get it and even more so difficult to even find out where they sold the tickets. With its limited number of tickets, only the super Otakus seemed to have gotten it.

The ship finally docks at your city, unknown to most of its inhabitants and you and a bunch of people are able to find the place where they sold the tickets and buy them.

The people board the ship and it sets sail...

And then you wake up stranded on a huge island, with noises that make the scariest sounds that can make any sane person scream.

But luckily for them, all of those who are stranded on the deserted island were not human, but what they were about to face was something far more powerful than what they would expect.

This RP will be plot orientated.

Mostly because everyone will try to find out where you are and try to survive. I'm looking for a select number of people and I'm hoping for about 10 people. So I guess it's first come first serve. I'm going to be picky with this as, I'd like you to be able to have the power and ability to write 2 - 5 paragraphs, most of the time and I'll cut slack, depending on the part or where the story is.

And of course, good grammar. It doesn't have to be perfect but it should be nice enough that it's good to look at. I hope to not see the following kind of grammar:
• ill cum wit u.
• Ill come wit you.
• Ill come wit you to see the huge lights and stars so we can have sum sweet something somethin' with delicious food and our love for each other and even more so our touch and you're breathe.

You get the point. xD

Number of characters each player can play: 1 (as of 3.16.2012)
Confirmed = profile submitted

Reserved spaces:
1. Me, obviously.
2. ZameRagues
3. pendarious
4. Zadaris
5. Visna
6. Miyu
7. Loki Aesir
8. gsptGoddess

Character Profile Sheet:
[b]Player:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[u][b]Physical Information[/b][/u]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b] (Human, Demon, Fox Demon, Ogre demon, shapeshifter demon, etc.)
[b]Height:[/b] x / x m
[b]Weight:[/b] x lbs. / x kg.
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Clothing:[/b]
[u][b]Skills:[/b][/u]
[u][b]Personality:[/b][/u]
[b]Weapon of Choice:[/b] (nothing, sword, gun, machete, axe, etc.)
[b]History:[/b]

Registered Profiles:

Player: KrystalizedKiss
Name: Ahri
Physical Information
Race: Appears Human most of the time, but is a type of Fox Demon.
Height: 5'3" / 1.524 m
Weight: 105 lbs. / 47.6 kg.
Appearance: To be Revealed in a bit.
Clothing: Check Appearance.
Skills:
Personality:
Weapon of Choice: She varies from her magic use to using knives, a sword, and a dagger.
History: Soon to come.

Player: gsptGoddess
Name: Akubyō Akuma (Aku)
Physical Information
Race: Jinn
Height: 5'2" / 1.5494m
Weight: 110 lbs. / 49.9 kg.
Appearance: click
Clothing: Check appearance; generally stays along those lines.
Skills: Extremely flexible, she can slip through just about anything, almost like a cat or snake. Although a general shapeshifter, she has a preference towards felines.
Personality: Her dark clothes are an extreme contrast to the girl's bright and bubbly personality. Being extremely outgoing and talkative allows her to make many friends, though a calm nature and secretive attitude in various aspects allow her to stay isolated when the time calls for it.
Weapon of Choice: Small throwing knives lining the top of her thigh-high leggings; whatever claws, beaks, etc. may be a part of the shape taken at the time
History: Only twenty years of memory in her mind, Aku has no clue who she is or where she's from. After figuring out she was a shifter, her knowledge of the world allowed her to make the grave mistake of turning into a cat in front of humans in Japan. Those that witnessed her change attacked the girl, calling her an evil cat demon. She adopted this as a name and went into hiding as a young school girl, jumping around Japan and Malaysia before deciding she wanted to act as an adult. A late-night pad around the roofs of Kuala Lumpur found her a cruise ticket.

Player: Zadaris
Name: Gemini Winters
Physical Information
Race: Dullahan
Height: 6'1 ft/ 1.85m
Weight: 149 lb/ 68kg
Appearance: Click
Clothing: As above but with a black 'Bleach' beanie hat
Skills: Enhanced strength and stamina; immune to damage involving the head.
Personality: Gemini has always been a laid-back individual, never bogged down with the trivialities of life. He is always up for a little fun or excitement and mostly cheerful except if confronted with his acrophobia. He has a strong 'brothers-in-arms' mentality because of his father and brothers ties to the military.
Weapon of Choice: A serrated flamberge, stored inside his body.
History: Stumbling home from the pub one night Gemini departed from his friends and made his way home. Lights flickered in the distance. A motorcycle. He waved to it with a drunken smile. The driver resonded by cutting his head off. He became a 'dullahan' like one becomes a werewolf. Stitches ring his neck and keep his head attached. He quickly realized his head couldn't be damaged; made a 'spare' by the creature who attacked him. Through cerebral migration the functions of his brain are now carried out by his heart. This results in his strength and stamina but he's prone to fits of exhaustion. The exertion on his heart ensures he'll only live half of the life he should.
Since then he's developed a strange attraction to Celty Sturluson from 'Durarara!!!' but even she cannot disrupt his love of the anime 'Bleach'. One night passing under the same fateful bridge he spotted a motorbike. He braced himself but the vehicle passed without concern. He opened his eyes and found and envelope on the curb. He picked it up. Gemini was elated when he found a ticket to a prestigious anime covenention within. Somehow it almost made up for what had happened to him.
[ ~ My Plotting Corner! ~ ]
My O/O's | My A/A's
Status: Busy! Will try posting once every week to every other week at the current moment.[/font][/b]
"Expectations can often exceed reality."
RP's Active: ?

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Zadaris

I like the concept very much. Or I just want an excuse for a character to wear a Bleach beanie hat.  ;D
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

BlueEyedBard

Could I build a character, that you mentioned at one point of the description, that is only somewhat of an anime fan and happened upon a place where they sell tickets because of the fact that he is inhuman?
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

KrystalizedKiss

Yeah, sure. I don't see why not, but, I do believe I may or may not have to put limits. We'll see though when the profiles come up. And I'll put up the profile applications and whatnot, once there's more interest. :]

And besides, I did mention this at the very end/bottom:

But luckily for them, all of those who are stranded on the deserted island were not human, but what they were about to face was something far more powerful than what they would expect.
;]

So... yep. >:3
My O/O's | My A/A's
Status: Busy! Will try posting once every week to every other week at the current moment.[/font][/b]

AndyZ

I was just at an anime convention at my home city last week.  At first I wasn't sure what to put, but upon seeing the option of not being human, an idea jumped on me.

What about if I was playing a robotic maid who was brought to an anime cruise because the limited AI given to her by her maker didn't allow her full understanding of humanity yet, but they wanted to test to see if she was capable of fooling the populace once they accepted the premise of her actions as being those of a robotic maid?

That probably makes no sense.  I'll try again.

Her actions are clunky, she's a bit slow and there's many things that she still doesn't understand about humans.  So her creators sent her on an anime cruise to test people's reactions and if she was capable of fooling people into thinking she was just cosplaying?

If this is a dumb one, I'll try to think of something else.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Miyu

Its this still up? if so I would like to express my interest.

KrystalizedKiss

@AndyZ : It's certainly interesting, but I'm not sure I like the idea of a robotic maid. I'd like this RP to become a sort of adventure RP. xD Survival, adventure, action... romance, etc. x3 Since it's plot orientated, it'd be cool for character development as well. While the idea of a robotic maid sounds interesting, I dunno if it'd fit this kind for what I had in mind. o: I hope you don't mind that.

@Miyu : Yes! It is still up! :3 I'm just waiting on a few more people. I just want to see how many I can get before I really start it off. I'd like at least 6 - 8 people playing. 10 max would be lovely. x3
My O/O's | My A/A's

AndyZ

Quote from: KrystalizedKiss on March 29, 2012, 07:18:49 PM
@AndyZ : It's certainly interesting, but I'm not sure I like the idea of a robotic maid. I'd like this RP to become a sort of adventure RP. xD Survival, adventure, action... romance, etc. x3 Since it's plot orientated, it'd be cool for character development as well. While the idea of a robotic maid sounds interesting, I dunno if it'd fit this kind for what I had in mind. o: I hope you don't mind that.

@Miyu : Yes! It is still up! :3 I'm just waiting on a few more people. I just want to see how many I can get before I really start it off. I'd like at least 6 - 8 people playing. 10 max would be lovely. x3

I understand ^_^ I'll leave the creative box open and let you know if I come up with anything.

Edit: Silly me put my own comment inside the quote box.  I fix!
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Foxfyr

KrystalizedKiss

All right guys! I've decided to move this forward with enough people as we are! I have posted up a profile application form in the first post. :3 I look forward to your charrie profiles!
My O/O's | My A/A's

Foxfyr

Player: Loki Aesir

Name: Sha

Physical Information

Race: Khajiit

Height: 5’10” / 1.778m

Weight: 160 lbs. / 77.1 kg.

Appearance:

Clothing: Dark green silk lay robe with a dark gray trim.

Skills: Uncanny agility, low-light vision, acrobatic, martial arts, and shakuhachi flute.

Personality: Just about what one would expect from a feline.  Calm and serene in nearly everything he does along with a sort of aloof independence while at the same time keeping others relatively close.

Weapon of Choice: Unarmed with magically enhanced attacks.

History: Sha knows very little of his parents or if there are others of his kind.  Ever since he could remember, he had lived in a Buddhist temple living as a monk would.  The remote nature of the temple allowed him to remain entirely unknown to the outside world and even though he was surrounded by humans, they treated him like family.  Despite having asked the elders countless times where he came from or who his real parents were they gave vague answers often in enigmatic phrasing. In time, he had come to accept that his origins did not define his path in life and that it was unproductive to dwell in such a distant past.  From then on he devoted his youth to the monastery and seeking enlightenment, at least until he felt the insatiable call of the world that beckoned him to venture forth from the walls and see the wonders that awaited him.  For the past four years he had been wandering the globe adorned in concealing garments to hide his appearance, watching and learning from those he came across in his travels.

Thraben

KrystalizedKiss

Then please post a profile! :3 I'd love to have you! I'm not sure about the others though.
My O/O's | My A/A's

AndyZ

Sorry; muse is being fickle.  I've had the idea of a teen who has an enchanted sword which lets him hear the whispers of his ancestors from the afterlife, but that seems too powerful for this kind of game, so I'm just waiting if decent ideas arise.

gsptGoddess

This looks to be fun, though why has there only been one CS posted by the other players?

If you still have room, let me know if you approve:

Physical Information

Appearance:

Skills: Extremely flexible, she can slip through just about anything, almost like a cat or snake. Although a general shapeshifter, she has a preference towards felines.

Personality: Her dark clothes are an extreme contrast to the girl's bright and bubbly personality. Being extremely outgoing and talkative allows her to make many friends, though a calm nature and secretive attitude in various aspects allow her to stay isolated when the time calls for it.

Weapon of Choice: Small throwing knives lining the top of her thigh-high leggings; whatever claws, beaks, etc. may be a part of the shape taken at the time

History: Only twenty years of memory in her mind, Aku has no clue who she is or where she's from. After figuring out she was a shifter, her knowledge of the world allowed her to make the grave mistake of turning into a cat in front of humans in Japan. Those that witnessed her change attacked the girl, calling her an evil cat demon. She adopted this as a name and went into hiding as a young school girl, jumping around Japan and Malaysia before deciding she wanted to act as an adult. A late-night pad around the roofs of Kuala Lumpur found her a cruise ticket.

Zadaris

Physical Information

Appearance:

Personality: Gemini has always been a laid-back individual, never bogged down with the trivialities of life. He is always up for a little fun or excitement and mostly cheerful except if confronted with his acrophobia. He has a strong 'brothers-in-arms' mentality because of his father and brothers ties to the military.

History: Stumbling home from the pub one night Gemini departed from his friends and made his way home. Lights flickered in the distance. A motorcycle. He waved to it with a drunken smile. The driver resonded by cutting his head off. He became a 'dullahan' like one becomes a werewolf. Stitches ring his neck and keep his head attached. He quickly realized his head couldn't be damaged; made a 'spare' by the creature who attacked him. Through cerebral migration the functions of his brain are now carried out by his heart. This results in his strength and stamina but he's prone to fits of exhaustion. The exertion on his heart ensures he'll only live half of the life he should.

Since then he's developed a strange attraction to Celty Sturluson from 'Durarara!!!' but even she cannot disrupt his love of the anime 'Bleach'. One night passing under the same fateful bridge he spotted a motorbike. He braced himself but the vehicle passed without concern. He opened his eyes and found and envelope on the curb. He picked it up. Gemini was elated when he found a ticket to a prestigious anime covenention within. Somehow it almost made up for what had happened to him.
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

AndyZ

You're getting a lot of people for this.  I would like to withdraw my reserved slot.  If I can't come up with an idea, it only makes more sense to give it to someone else, and if I have an idea by the time this starts and there's still slots, I can always try to come back.

KrystalizedKiss

Quote from: AndyZ on April 06, 2012, 04:34:30 AM
Sorry; muse is being fickle.  I've had the idea of a teen who has an enchanted sword which lets him hear the whispers of his ancestors from the afterlife, but that seems too powerful for this kind of game, so I'm just waiting if decent ideas arise.

You're getting a lot of people for this.  I would like to withdraw my reserved slot.  If I can't come up with an idea, it only makes more sense to give it to someone else, and if I have an idea by the time this starts and there's still slots, I can always try to come back.
Ah, I was going to say that that's fine. xD I don't think it'd be too OP as long as it's controlled. :3

But if you say so, all right then. O:

Quote from: gsptGoddess on April 06, 2012, 10:41:31 PM
This looks to be fun, though why has there only been one CS posted by the other players?

If you still have room, let me know if you approve:

Physical Information

Appearance:

This works! :3 And CS? I don't think I know what you mean. x3 But your profile is approved! :3

Quote from: Zadaris on April 07, 2012, 01:35:26 PM

Physical Information

Appearance:

This profile, is also approved! :3 And I shall hurry and finish mine, and hopefully, more people shall post up more completed profiles soon!
My O/O's | My A/A's

gsptGoddess

Foxfyr

Updated and completed my CS that was posted above.  ;D

KrystalizedKiss

Quote from: gsptGoddess on April 11, 2012, 10:14:57 AM
CS = Character Sheets lol
I knew that. >w>;;

Quote from: Loki Aesir on April 11, 2012, 08:53:06 PM
Updated and completed my CS that was posted above.  ;D
It looks great! Approved! I had wanted them to always appear human-like, but ah well. xD And keep the CS coming people! Come one and come all and join us in our adventure through the stranded island of otakus! xD
My O/O's | My A/A's

pendarious

I apologize I can't seem to think up a character for this rp so instead of wasting peoples time I'm going to step down from my reservation much like Andyz did I thouroughly apologize
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND