AndyZ may run Scion

Started by AndyZ, October 22, 2011, 07:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AndyZ

Keelan, found a mistake on the sheet:

You have a -0 level and two -4 levels.  Now, because you have Epic Stamina 1, you can ignore the -1 wound penalty, but that doesn't affect the -2 or -4 wound penalties.

By my understanding, which may be wrong, being wounded down to -2 when you only have Epic Stamina 1 still gives you a -2 penalty to dice rolls as well.  The wound penalty effect is all or nothing.  That's how the Demigod and God books seem to do it, but I may be wrong there, so someone can correct me.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Muse

Name:      Mina Fontaine
Calling:      Total Rocker
Pantheon:   Aesir
Patron:      Baldur
Quote:      “If music be the food of love, play on.” 

Height:      5’5” 
Weight      131lbs
Measures   34-24-36C
Skin      Coppery Tan
Hair:      Barley Blond
Eyes:      Cornflower Blue

Strength      2 (1)
Dexterity      3 (1)
Stamina      4 (1)

Perception      3
Intelligence      3
Wits         2

Charisma      4 (1)
Manipulation      3
Appearance      4 (1)

*Art:  Dance      4
*Art: Music      3
*Art: Singing      3
*Athletics      4
*Brawl         4
*Melee         0
*Marksmanship      0
*Pressence      4

Academics      1
Awareness      1
Command      1
Control: Automobile   1
Craft: Cooking      1
Empathy      3
Fortitude      3
Integrity      1

Jotunblunt      1
Heroic Stature (Jotunblut ●)
Dice Pool: None
Cost: None
Even at this most basic level the blood of the Giant shines through. The young Aesir are larger than most men and typically stronger and tougher. Aesir Scions with the blood of the Giants showing through their veins may purchase their mundane Strength and Stamina to one dot higher than normally allowed by their Legend.
In addition, they gain a single additional -4 health level. The penalty on that level is reduced via Epic Stamina as per the normal rules.
After achieving Godhood, if the Aesir purchases an avatar, their avatar can support an additional level of epic strength and epic stamina beyond what should be possible at the legend of their avatar. However, no Avatar may have the full value that the Gods pure form does, so this only applies to 2-dot or higher Avatar manifestations.
Mystery      1

Prophecy      1

Sun         1   PENETRATING GLARE (SUN •)
Dice Pool: None
Cost: None
As sunlight only dims when it passes through thick clouds, so too can a Scion’s vision cut through physical occlusions. When the Scion receives this Boon, she sees clearly through such physical impediments as smoke, fog, murky water (if the Scion is in said water) or even translucent barriers through which other people can see only silhouettes. The character can even see perfectly clearly in dim light (i.e., light no less intense than a single birthday candle). In total darkness, however, she’s just as blind as the next person.

Relic:         2   Improvising on this guitaur can open her mind to the mysteries of creation, or even to the future.  (Mystery, Prophecy.) 
Relic         1   Mina’s tongue ring gives acess to the Sun perview
Relic          3   Fingerless gloves with golden adamantine studs add +3 to unarmed damage. 
Courage   2
Endurance   2
Expression   5
Loyalty      2

Willpower   6

Legend      2
--Legend Points   4/4

Health: 
-0   ( )
-0   ( )
-0   ( )
-2   ( )
-2   ( )
-4   ( )
-4   ( )
I   ( )
D   ( )

Daughter of Kristine Fontaine by a dalliance with a life guard whom she tried to keep out of her well to do family life, Mina was born with privlige and opertunity, but also with little expected of her.  Music and dance were thrust upon her at an early age as proper pursuits for a well to do young woman.  She jumped into them and through them, moving quickly away from violin to guituar, and from athletic endeavor to athletic endeavor.  At age sixteen she began making music videos for Youtube, and at 17 she opened for one of her favorite bands, Ace of Base, when they played in town. 
   She is now 22, fresh out of college and trying to figure out what to do with her life. She’s had little time for love, and still has certain younger girl’s innocent associations.  Her mother would have her marry well, she’d rather pursue a career in popular music and not live on a hypothetical husband’s money all her life. 
   Her father came to visit for her graduation recital, giving her the most amazing guitaur she’d ever seen and bidding her enjoy it.  As she played that recital, divinity came alive inside of her…
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

avorae

Quote from: AndyZ on October 26, 2011, 02:28:56 AM
Keelan, found a mistake on the sheet:

You have a -0 level and two -4 levels.  Now, because you have Epic Stamina 1, you can ignore the -1 wound penalty, but that doesn't affect the -2 or -4 wound penalties.

By my understanding, which may be wrong, being wounded down to -2 when you only have Epic Stamina 1 still gives you a -2 penalty to dice rolls as well.  The wound penalty effect is all or nothing.  That's how the Demigod and God books seem to do it, but I may be wrong there, so someone can correct me.

OOps that was my fault i put the wrong number up when i told her about the removal of wound penalties. That's what i get for exp[laining rules when I am half-dead.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

AndyZ

No worries ^_^

Any decision between Amaterasu and Susano-o?

avorae

Quote from: AndyZ on October 26, 2011, 06:35:34 AM
No worries ^_^

Any decision between Amaterasu and Susano-o?

I went with Amaterasu... I figured with the way Susano-o is he would probably give me a relic that allows me to access Psychopomp just to peeve of his sister. After all he is as chaotic as the waves themselves

AndyZ

Quote from: avorae on October 26, 2011, 06:46:19 AM
I went with Amaterasu... I figured with the way Susano-o is he would probably give me a relic that allows me to access Psychopomp just to peeve of his sister. After all he is as chaotic as the waves themselves

Works for me ^_^

AndyZ

I'll give a little more time for Avorae to finish up the sheet, see if Miyu is still interested (she hasn't been on in some time, not sure what's going on) and maybe if we can get a fifth if all else fails.

After that, I'll throw down the IC thread.  If you didn't know about the OOC thread, make sure you got it bookmarked.  Since folks seem to be on the Char Thread, though, I think we're fine there.

Hopefully the game will last a while ^_^

avorae

Quote from: AndyZ on October 26, 2011, 08:45:58 AM
I'll give a little more time for Avorae to finish up the sheet, see if Miyu is still interested (she hasn't been on in some time, not sure what's going on) and maybe if we can get a fifth if all else fails.

After that, I'll throw down the IC thread.  If you didn't know about the OOC thread, make sure you got it bookmarked.  Since folks seem to be on the Char Thread, though, I think we're fine there.

Hopefully the game will last a while ^_^

Just going over last minute details and checking my numbers. I should have the sheet up in a hour or less...

AndyZ

AndyZ

Also, I'm not sure about how it works for getting Knacks from Relics.  I know that some Relics can enhance Knacks, but I haven't seen anything about them granting them.

I'm also not really sure how you would even give Lightning Sprinter to a speedboat.  Would that double its speed?  A boat by its very nature can already speed up so fast that it goes over water.

avorae

Quote from: AndyZ on October 26, 2011, 10:10:44 AM
No picture, Avorae?

Haven't put it up yet... Just wanted to get the sheet up and am filling in the rest of the details now and will have it up in a moment.

avorae

Quote from: AndyZ on October 26, 2011, 10:22:33 AM
Also, I'm not sure about how it works for getting Knacks from Relics.  I know that some Relics can enhance Knacks, but I haven't seen anything about them granting them.

I'm also not really sure how you would even give Lightning Sprinter to a speedboat.  Would that double its speed?  A boat by its very nature can already speed up so fast that it goes over water.

No problem I can take that out if you like.

AndyZ

I'll give Miyu and anyone else who wants in just a little more time, probably enough time for me to catch some sleep.  After that, the IC will begin.

Let me know if the game gets too silly or too sexual for any individual's particular tastes.  I appreciate feedback, especially since I've never run for any of you yet and haven't gotten used to most of your styles.

AndyZ

IC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=122915.0

I'll allow one or two more people in if we get more nibbles, but I'd like to let things start.