AndyZ may run Scion

Started by AndyZ, October 22, 2011, 07:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

I'll allow a Relic that, regardless of light or heavy attacks, can add to accuracy, damage, defense, or to drop Speed by a single point.  For another point, you can strike out to [Legend*5] yards, presumably using some sort of chi strike.  For two points, you can add your Legend in dice to any Brawl rolls.

If anyone more experienced feels that any or all of these are out of line, let me know.  We can flesh things out as we go, since I have a lot of people asking for stuff that's not usually in the book.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AndyZ

Though I am curious how people feel about tentacle monsters and the like, now that Keelan suggested it.  I can always throw a few of those into the game if people like the idea.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Keelan

Quote from: Zarazel on October 25, 2011, 01:35:29 AM
I think I will do a thief noticing that Keelan its doing a close combat guy which was my original plan
Girl, but yes, she'll probably be close combat.  Do you mean thief in a literal sense or more D&D rogue?  Illegal activity my girl does not actively condone/participate could be problematic, since she's going to be on the police force and have a fairly notable Vengeance virtue...  not trying to dissuade, just stating my character details that could affect your decision.

AndyZ

My information so far on what everyone wants to do, subject to change:

Avorae: Amaterasu or Susano-o - Grease Monkey Driver
Keelan: Vidar - Cop with lots of Brawl
Miyu: Bastet - Guessing a cat burglar but not 100% on it yet
Sharon: Apollo - Healer/Painter
Zarazel: Aphrodite - Seductress with some ranged combat

Did I miss anyone who's interested?

AndyZ

Also thinking about this.  It may not be required, but if people want to have it, it's there.

I'd like people to post down three things for kinks, three things that they haven't tried but would like to give a shot, and anything that they consider completely off-limits.  I may not even use it, but as plans converge, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Bloody Rose

Name: Leyla Lonestar
Kinks: Anything that the moment requires, she has a very open mind when it comes to kinks and don't judge them.
Limits: Gore, Vore, Scat, Bestiality, Watersports
Personality: She is a woman that knows what she wants and when she wants it. Doing whatever it's needed to get what she wants the correct way, she hates leaving things not done and truly hates not having anything neat and clean. She uses sex as a means to a end since she still haven't found a person that would steal her love from her.
Bio: (Waiting on Avorae to coordinate if they meet, so for now I will leave it at blank)

Calling- Thief Seductress
Nature- Perfectionist
Pantheon- Dodekatheon
God- Aphrodite

Attributes:

Physical
Strength- OO
Dexterity- OOO
Stamina- OOO

Social
Charisma- OOO /Epic 1
Manipulation- OOO / Epic 1
Appearance- OOOOO / Epic 1

Mental
Perception- OOO /Epic 1
Intelligence- OOO / Epic 1
Wits- OOO/ Epic 1

Skills

Academics: OOO
*Animal Ken:OO
*Art:
x
Athletics:  OOOO
Awareness: OOOO
Brawl:
Command:
Control:
x
Craft:
x
x
*Empathy:OOOOO
Fortitude:
*Integrity:OOO
Investigation:
*Larceny: OOOOO
Marksmanship:OO
Medicine:
Melee: O
Occult:O
Politics:
*Presence: OOOOO
Science:
x
x
Stealth:OOO
Survival:
*Thrown:

Birthrights
Relic (3)
Beretta (Sleeping Gun, Spend one legend to add a sleeping ability to a shot)
Damage: 3L
Speed- 4
Unlimited Ammo
Relic (3) (Sky, Sun, Psychopomp) (Ring with a rose)

Boons
Arete (1) Larceny
Sun (1) Penetrating Glare
Psychopomp (1) Unerring Orientation
Sky (1) Sky's Grace

Knacks
Charisma- Charmer
Manipulation- Stench of Guilt
Appearance- Perfect Actor
Perception- Spatial Attunement
Intelligence- Language Mastery
Wits- Eternal Vigilance

Virtues
Expression- OOOO
Intellect- OOO
Valor- O
Vengeance- O

Legend
2/4

Willpower
OOOOOOO

Soak
B- 3
L- 2
S
Dodge DV- 4
Parry DV- 4

Bloody Rose

Quote from: Keelan on October 25, 2011, 01:40:19 AM
Girl, but yes, she'll probably be close combat.  Do you mean thief in a literal sense or more D&D rogue?  Illegal activity my girl does not actively condone/participate could be problematic, since she's going to be on the police force and have a fairly notable Vengeance virtue...  not trying to dissuade, just stating my character details that could affect your decision.

Your character won't know it, and it should be a good character interaction then

AndyZ

The good news is that I'm starting to have plans come together, and I'm formulating a game.  The bad news is that it's coming out very silly.  Hopefully folks will enjoy a silly game, but if it gets going and people are not having fun, they can let me know and I'll think of something.

I like how all the player characters are female.  I can definitely think of a few ways to use that.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

AndyZ

Talking with Muse brings up the idea of Elsewhere.  For those who aren't familiar with Exalted, Miyu has a similar thing in her game, which hopefully she won't mind me reusing, though I'll remove it if she is anything but honored: For one dot, a relic can be banished into an extradimensional space at the cost of one Legend.  Pulling it back is a reflexive action.  Similarly for one dot, the weapon can be a tattoo upon the body that can be drawn out for use at the cost of one Legend.

Having duplicate weapons which provide no function beyond aesthetics will not cost extra Legend points.  If you want two swords with identical stats to wield them double-handed, I don't see why that would cost extra points.  Using the example of Donnie Rhodes' guns as my reasoning for this one.

Sharon

I am not... I have only sit in a few game sections of a Tablegame of D&D. And half the time I was not even listening what was going on...

avorae

Quote from: Keelan on October 25, 2011, 12:22:05 AM
Hm... that would work, though I suspect my girl would have a diverse fighting style (think MMA, MCMAP, or Krav Maga), so would I have to say I am striking directly with the brass knuckles or would I be allowed some leniency, especially since there is light and heavy punches as well as clinches in the book?

Here is a relic that I built for a unarmed combatant that i have which is similiar to what you are looking for...

Fingerless Skater gloves ••
- Adds Legend to Dex + Brawl rolls
- Has Body armor Knack

Extra Accuracy, lower speed, and extra damage is all one dot per point each that you wish to add or lower( in the case of speed)
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Keelan

Name: Adjoa Skuld Ihejirika
Player: Keelan
Calling: Renegade Police Detective
Nature: Architect
Pantheon: Aesir
God/dess: Vidar
Date of Birth: December 3, 19XX
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Race: Mixed (African-American/Caucasian)
Nationality: American
Height: 6'6"
Weight: ???lbs
Sex: Female

Appearance: She's a bit more muscular, defined abs and whatnot, but not much bulkier...
NSFW

Clothing: Usually long pants from jeans to dressier slacks, and either tank tops, button-up blouses, or athletic wear.  Sports bras and boyshorts are common; her clothing needs to be perfectly capable of allowing her to move and move quickly.  Not a huge fan of more 'feminine' clothing, but will wear a dress if the occasion mandates it, though not by choice.

Personality: A strange mixture of vindictive bitch, brilliant detective, renegade justicar, and hedonistic slut.  Quite the brilliant woman, she's focused, dedicated, and has the patience of a sniper.  Excellent for her job as a detective, though her desire to meter out justice - sometimes simple vengeance - often has her playing hard and fast with the rules.  Not that she's a complete hardass; she has a sense of humor - jaded and cynical at times as it is - and so long as you don't piss off this superbly confident woman she can be pretty friendly... mostly.  Sharp, aware, and attractive despite her unusual size and musculature, the woman also has quite the impressive libido and a taste in women and shemales to match.  Not to mention some of her more unique 'kinks'... all of this said though her recent conversation with her absentee father - Vidar, whom she apparently inherited her size and prowess towards all forms of excellence and little else - has made her a tad bitter.  If she didn't know any better, she'd think she was little more than a tool to that man, a mere means to an end of his choosing...

Kinks: Anal, Exhibitionism/Public Nudity/Public Sex/Sex Shows, Domination, Pseudo-Rape (Giving), Exotic Creatures, Rimming, Orgies, Gangbangs (Receiving)

Ask First: Submission, Pseudo-Rape (Receiving), Men

Limits: Bestiality, Scat, Gore, Vore, Snuff, Watersports, Drugs, Mind-Control

History: TBD

Attributes (Epic Attributes)
Physical
+Strength: 4 (1,+1)
-Dexterity: 3 (1,+1)
+Stamina: 4 (1,+1)

Social
-Charisma: 3 (1,+1)
-Manipulation: 2
-Appearance: 3 (1,+1)

Mental
-Perception: 3 (1,+1)
-Intelligence: 3 (1,+1)
-Wits: 3 (1,+1)

Abilities
-Academics: 3
-Animal Ken: 0
-Art (Special): 0
-Athletics: 4
+Awareness: 4
+Brawl: 5
-Command: 2
-Control (Special): 0
-Craft (Special): 0
-Empathy: 2
+Fortitude: 4
-Integrity: 3
+Investigation: 4
-Larceny: 1
-Marksmanship: 2
-Medicine: 0
-Melee: 0
-Occult: 0
+Politics: 0
-Presence: 3
-Science (Forensics): 3
+Stealth: 0
-Survival: 0
-Thrown: 0

Health
-0: 3/3
-1: 2/2
-2: 2/2
In: 1/1

Combat Stats
Soak: B4/L2/A0 (+1/+1/+1)
Join Battle: 7 (+1)
Dodge DV: 5 (+1)
Mental DV: 6
Willpower: 7/7

Athletics
Veritical Jump: 8 (+1)
Horizontal Jump: 16 (+2)
Move: 3 (+1)
Dash: 9 (+2)
Lift: 800lbs (+500lbs)

Combat
Light: Acc12 (+1), 4B (+1), ParryDV5 (+1), Spd3
Heavy: Acc10 (+1), 7B (+1), ParryDV3 (+1), Spd4
Clinch: ACC11 (+1), 7B (+1), ParryDV0 (+1), Spd5, P
Glock 18: ACC6 (+1), 3L (+1), Range20, Clip15, Spd4, P

Armor
Bulletproof Vest: +2L/+2B, -0Mobility, 1Fatigue, B

Virtues
+Courage: 1
+Endurance: 4
+Loyalty: 1
+vengeance: 3

Legend: 2
Legend Points: 4/4

Knacks
Holy Rampage (Strength)
The Scion is especially good at breaking inanimate objects.  When he spends a point of Legend and applies his full might to breaking something-whether he's punching it, kicking it or throwing his shoulder against it-the item's Hardness is halved against the attack.  This Bonus applies only when the character attempts to break an inanimate object that is either freestanding or under his control.  If someone else has control of the object in question, the Scion must take it from him first.
And the Crowd Goes Wild (Dexterity)
By the luck of the divine genetic draw, the character is superbly suited to athletic pursuits. She excels at any sport she plays, even if she’s never so much as heard of it before. Running, jumping, climbing, swimming… any athletic pursuit is second nature to her. As a result, any dice the character has in Athletics are considered to be automatic successes when the player rolls a dice pool that includes Athletics. Bonus dice granted by an Arete (see Scion: Hero, p. 149) are also counted as successes
automatically if the player spends a point of Legend when her character performs the action. Values that derive from a character’s Athletics rating (such as Dodge DV or the feats of strength total) are not affected by this Knack, nor are any Boon activation rolls that might call for Athletics.
Body Armor (Stamina)
The Scion’s body is so tough that, even unarmed, he can parry close-combat attacks that would infl  ict lethal damage. If a berserker hopped up on Jotunblut or a thrall full of eitr tries to split the Scion’s skull with a fire ax, the Scion can take the blow on his forearm and knock it aside without serious injury. (That assumes the character’s Parry DV is suffi  cient to cancel out the attack roll’s successes, of course.) While that benefi t remains in effect all the time, the Scion can also engage a temporary one that offers even more protection. With the expenditure of a Legend point, a measure of the Scion’s ichor wells up from within and coats the Scion’s body. This coating hardens into a gleaming, metallic armor that’s no thicker than
a hair’s breadth. This armor has a bashing and lethal soak equal to the character’s Legend, and it inflicts a mobility penalty of only -1. The ichor coating is thin enough to fit comfortably beneath one’s clothing, so it
adds its protective value to that of any other armor the character might already be wearing. Natural armor from this Knack lasts for only one scene and disintegrates at the scene’s end.
Benefit of the Doubt (Charisma)
Sometimes, for a Scion to be able to help people-or convince them to stay out of harm's way-those people have to accept ideas that would seem patently ridiculous if they weren't true.  The player of a Scion with this Knack spends a point of Legend, and something in the Scion's bearing or expression convinces a single listener not to dismiss what he's saying.  Maybe it's the fact that the Scion is taking his words so seriously, or recommended by a respected colleague.  Whatever the reason, the listener gives the Scion the benefit of the doubt in regards to what the Scion next tries to explain, despite what he might be otherwise inclined to believe.
My Eyes Are Up Here (Appearance)
As Scions build up ever more dots of Epic Appearance, they grow ever more unearthly. As such, whether they’re beautiful or quite the opposite, it becomes increasingly diffi  cult to deal with mortal humans on their level. The Scion’s Epic Appearance can’t help but get in the way. This Knack, however, mitigates that factor. When the Scion’s player spends a point of Willpower to activate it for the scene, any mortals who see the character completely ignore his Appearance score (both Epic and
mundane). Witnesses might vaguely remember that a beautiful Scion was kind of pretty or that a disgustingly ugly Scion was dirty and a little scary, but that’s it. They won’t recognize the Scion again later unless the Scion uses this Knack in their presence again, and they won’t be able to describe the Scion in great detail to anyone else. They might get height, hair color, skin tone, build and style of dress right, but details beyond those generalities prove elusive. Scions themselves are immune to this effect, as they are more than capable of dealing with the extremes that Epic Appearance represents.

This Knack lasts for the scene, though the Scion can choose to turn off the effect before then. Also, while he’s using this Knack to deal with a mortal, he cannot use any other Epic Appearance Knacks against him. Nor can he apply his Epic Appearance to rolls pertaining to dealing with that mortal at all until he lifts the effect.
Telescopic Senses (Perception)
A Scion’s Epic Perception allows him to hear, see and smell things from much farther away than mortal senses do. With this Knack, the Scion can not only perceive these sensations, but perceive them as if they were happening right in front of him. If he’s within the range at which the sound of someone’s voice can travel, he can not only hear that voice, but follow its conversation as clearly as if he were participating. If a sniper is crouched high up on a ridgeline within his line of sight, the Scion can not only see him but also recognize him and count the notches on his rifl  e stock. If he’s wandering in the woods and the wind brings him the distant scent of someone’s camp fire, he can not only smell it but tell what kind of wood they’re burning, what brand of marshmallows they’re roasting and how long it’s been since they’ve had a good bath.
Cipher (Intelligence)
The Scion’s brain is his own personal Enigma machine. He can break any encryption and decode any message created by someone without Epic Intelligence, without the need for a roll. He can also design a one-time code for a specifi c recipient that cannot be broken by anyone without Epic Intelligence (regardless of how smart such a person is or what decryption equipment he might have on hand). Only a fellow Scion with Epic Intelligence can even attempt to break the code—calling for opposed (Intelligence + Academics) rolls. The person for whom the coded message is intended can automatically read the message as clearly as if it were written in his native language.
Instant Investigator (Wits)
The Scion can take an intuitive "read" of a crime scene and make a reasonably accurate assessment of what transpired there.  By spending a point of Legend and taking a single, sweeping glance around the scene of a crime, the Scion entitles his player to a reflexive (Wits + Investigation) roll.  If the roll succeeds, the Scion can tell what crimes were committed at that scene (if it was more than one), how many perpetrators were involved , how long ago it happened, roughly the sequence of events that took place and what means the perpetrators employed to cover up evidence.  The difficulty of the roll should reflect how long ago the crime occurred, how contaminated the crime scene has been since then and how thorough the criminals were in covering their tracks.

This Knack doesn't reveal specific, plot-sensitive information that isn't readily apparent (such as who  the perpetrators actually are), but it should provide enough clues in a single glance for the character to develop solid leads that further the story.

Boons
+Jotunblut
1:Heroic Stature
Dice Pool: None
Cost: None
Even at this most basic level the blood of the Giant shines through. The young Aesir are larger than most men and typically stronger and tougher. Aesir Scions with the blood of the Giants showing through their veins may purchase their mundane Strength and Stamina to one dot higher than normally allowed by their Legend.

In addition, they gain a single additional -4 health level. The penalty on that level is reduced via Epic Stamina as per the normal rules.

After achieving Godhood, if the Aesir purchases an avatar, their avatar can support an additional level of epic strength and epic stamina beyond what should be possible at the legend of their avatar. However, no Avatar may have the full value that the Gods pure form does, so this only applies to 2-dot or higher Avatar manifestations.

+Justice
1:Judgement
Dice Pool: Perception+Empathy
Cost: None
This Boon aids a Scion immensely in determining guild, one of the foundations of metting out justice.  When she confronts someone she suspects committed an injustice and accuses that person of having done so, her player rolls (Perception+Empathy). (This roll isn't modified by supernatural powers or contested by the suspect's player.) On a success, the Scion can intuitively tell whether the suspect is guilty as charged.  A failure yields an indeterminate reading and means that the Scion can't try to dtermine the same subject's guilt for 24 hours.  A botch yields a false reading.

Birthrights
Creature: 0
Follower: 0
Guide: 0
Relic: 2 (Telepathy,Justice Purview)-Diamond-encrusted Runic Ring
Relic: 3 (Unarmed: +1ACC,-1Spd,Legend to Dex+Brawl)-Norse Armlet

Equipment
Detective's Badge, Police Radio, Taser, Handcuffs

BP: 0/15
BP Spending
Charisma 3 (4pts)
Fortitude 4 (1pt)
Investigation 4 (1pt)
Athletics 4 (2pts)
Awareness 2,3,4 (3pts)
Brawl 2,3,4,5 (4pts)

Experience: 0/0
Experience Spending

Bloody Rose

Quote from: Keelan on October 25, 2011, 01:40:19 AM

lol I see your a dom, if you want you can find out about her and blackmail her. Make her be your pet or you will arrest her

Keelan

Quote from: Zarazel on October 25, 2011, 10:34:25 PM
lol I see your a dom, if you want you can find out about her and blackmail her. Make her be your pet or you will arrest her
Hm... that could be fun... assuming the DM doesn't make me roll a Vengeance roll to not have to arrest her and turn her in of course (I don't think that'll be a problem)!  But that's not a bad idea... I'll look at your O/Os in a minute to make sure everything is compatible too, m'kay?

avorae

By the way Keelan each dot of Epic Stamina you have removes one level of would penalties. Therefore your one dot of Epic Stamina will convert your -4 health levels into -0 health levels.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Keelan

Quote from: avorae on October 25, 2011, 11:21:52 PM
By the way Keelan each dot of Epic Stamina has removes one level of would penalties. Therefore your one dot of Epic Stamina will convert your -4 health levels into -0 health levels.
...so she'd have 3 0-levels?  Damn, nice!  Thanks for telling me; I'll make the changes.  My first noobish mistake XD

Bloody Rose

Quote from: Keelan on October 25, 2011, 10:51:00 PM
Hm... that could be fun... assuming the DM doesn't make me roll a Vengeance roll to not have to arrest her and turn her in of course (I don't think that'll be a problem)!  But that's not a bad idea... I'll look at your O/Os in a minute to make sure everything is compatible too, m'kay?

Sure sure

Keelan

Quote from: Zarazel on October 25, 2011, 11:58:39 PM
Sure sure
Looking them over... I think I can live with that ^_^

If the situation comes up, that might be a perfectly viable option.  We'll see what happens...

Bloody Rose

Yep that could be really fun.

AndyZ

Not seeing any problems with Adjoa Skuld Ihejirika, though I'm just waking up.  I'll let you know if I discover any problems.  The telepathy on the ring is from the relic I'm inventing, right?

I'm toying with the idea for the game being The Ladies of Newhaven.  Originally it was going to be The Nubile Ladies of Newhaven but I'm not sure if the adjective will apply to everyone.

People can give votes on that name or others and I'll throw up an OOC thread when I have the chance.

Oh, and as per Vengeance, I would recommend Zarazel's character keep her profession as secret as possible, but if it does come up and Keelan's character can't spend Willpower, I'll allow some form of "personal punishment" instead.

Bloody Rose

ehh of course she would keep her profession a secret

Keelan

Quote from: AndyZ on October 26, 2011, 12:16:04 AM
Not seeing any problems with Adjoa Skuld Ihejirika, though I'm just waking up.  I'll let you know if I discover any problems.  The telepathy on the ring is from the relic I'm inventing, right?

I'm toying with the idea for the game being The Ladies of Newhaven.  Originally it was going to be The Nubile Ladies of Newhaven but I'm not sure if the adjective will apply to everyone.

People can give votes on that name or others and I'll throw up an OOC thread when I have the chance.

Oh, and as per Vengeance, I would recommend Zarazel's character keep her profession as secret as possible, but if it does come up and Keelan's character can't spend Willpower, I'll allow some form of "personal punishment" instead.
For short, call her Detective Skuld, of the Newhaven Police Force.  Yes, the telepathy is from the one you're inventing; I just added on the Purview too because it saved me from having to buy ANOTHER 1pt Relic for the purview.

Oh, and I agree 'Nubile' is not accurate; my girl is far to big, strong, and athletic to be 'nubile,' though she's just as goddamn sexy as you can see! I vote fore The Ladies of Newhaven for the title though; it's fitting.

And that's fair on the Vengeance call; whose to say the 'punishment' has to be through the law?  Her violation of the rights of others could be punished by her losing the own rights to her self (becoming a slave to my girl) if that comes to be.  It would boil down to whether my girl forces her into it or 'forces' her into it :3

AndyZ

There's a thing called the Nuremburg Gamer Defense, where someone hides behind actions which would destroy the plot, slay other characters and the like because they're "just following their character concept," even when that character concept is a mustache-twirling villain.  Greg Stolze wrote an article about it in the Vampire Player's Guide, in 2003 in the old World of Darkness.

Yet White Wolf continues to make things which force character clashing.  Virtues are an obvious example of characters being forced to play one way or another by the roll of the dice.

I'm more than happy with the idea of of someone saying that they're trying to follow the spirit of Virtues in order not to cause PC death or unplayability.  Meting out her own personal brand of punishment is quite an acceptable way to me of dealing with Vengeance.

If things get really annoying with Virtues, I'll allow people to spend WP after attempting the roll.  But really, I'd much rather that people had fun with it in a way that didn't cause a PC to end up in jail or worse.