Comment: the mist
Result: 6,
Total: 6

--- Oh ---
That's right ! Lucifer is a woman !
Active threads
See my role play preferences (underneath my picture) for my ons and offs

Verasaille

((OOC- the GM snickers as the poor kender is seized by a fit of sneezes! At least he can still walk.  The mist rolls over the bugbear, who remains sleeping. Hopefully the sneezing will not wake him.))
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Fistar

---------- OOC

Name: Tilos Serpit
Class: Warlock
Abilities: Spells.
Race: Tiefling
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tiefling

Spells
Conjuration (any kind of small objects that can be held in the hand.. and in most cases it’s never what he wants/needs)
Firestrike
Darkness
Illusion

------------------ (End of OOC) -----------

The figure on the ground at the back of the cave grumbled, as he hears the roar of the dragon,  he slowly stood, his tail threatening to trip him up once more and he gives a growl,   then proceed to grab his head with his hands to make it stop pounding.   He staggers a bit and his hooved feet kicks an empty bottle on the ground beside his sleeping mat.

Right, he thought, next time I will drink three bottles before passing out instead of two.   He then takes a deep breath and tries to make sense of the racket.  Intruders?  “Great,  just great”  he mutters to himself. 

He runs his hand through his jet black hair growing between his curved horns.  He licks his lips, exposing his two fanged canine teeth.  In most cases he could have passed for human, if not for the tail, fangs and cloven hooves,  at least from the waist up he would look human.   He sighed as he grab his long kilt and belted it around his waist, it was long enough to cover most of his legs and even hides his tail.  Still his reddish complexion would have marked him as Tiefling,   
The roar of the dragon still reverberated in his tortured skull,  and he wished he could find another bottle that apple brandy,  or for that matter anything alcohol would do about now.   He still can’t believe how his father had sold him to the dragon,  but there he was on the beck and call of the dragon.  He just wished he would stop talking so loudly. 

He watched the dragon scowled at the crystal and give an order. "Let them in, maybe they will bring more treasure!"

Tilos, wince as the dragon gave the order and muttered under his breath,  “If they had treasures they wouldn't be here.” 

Verasaille

(OOC-Welcome Fistar!! I see you have chosen to be a minion of the dragon. That is a great idea! Haolink is the Dragon's head task master. Think of him as the Superintendent. He thinks he is something Super anyway. He is a Goblin, stands about five feet tall and is green skinned and has a funky looking shock of bright green hair that stands straight up in a mohawk. He has fangs, long clawed fingers and a long forked tail.)

Haolink slams on his table and moans, "NO!! The bats did not do much good, the bug bear is useless sound asleep. I will have to send in the Tiefling!! TILOS!! Get those intruders!! See if they have any treasure. I smell magic on them. One of them must be carrying a treasure. Get it and bring it back. Then chase those intruders out! MOVE IT!!"
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Remiel

The passageway grew wider, opening up into some sort of chamber or cavern.  In the dim light, Lucky thought he could see a figure moving around inside.  It looked...tall--at least, taller than he, which, in all honesty, did not narrow down the field very much at all.  But it was also lithe, and slender.  Possibly an elf?  She wasn't wearing very much clothing at all, and her skin was gossamer pale.  Yes, it had to be a female; males typically did not dress so sexily. 

"Hallo!" called out Lucky, cheerily.  "I'm Lucky!  You're not a bugbear, are you?  I don't like bugbears--they're mean!"

However, before she could respond, a roiling mist started to eke from the ground, swirling around his ankles as it crept upwards.  He kicked at an errant tendril, but it was diaphanous and insubstantial as...well, mist. 

"Hey, do you see this?" he called to the elf-type person.  "Isn't this weird?  It looks like fog is coming up from the gr-gr-gr--"

He couldn't finish the sentence, alas, because he suddenly and inexplicably felt a powerful urge to sneeze.  He barely had the wherewithal to turn his head before it came, in a giant spray of moisture. 

"AAAACHOO!"  he sneezed.  "AAACHOOOOOO!"  He quickly raised his sleeve to cover his mouth, so he wouldn't spray mucus all over the elf-person.   Why couldn't he stop sneezing?  His name was Lucky, not Sneezy.  "ACHOOOOO!  ACHOOOOOO!"

Verasaille

Of course if the elf would realize that now she could actually speak, she could answer the kender and dispell the fog. Then he might stop sneezing.

In the meantime the Dragon yawns and his voice carries through the caverns like an echo of a thunderstorm far away.

LuciferOs

The moment the kender was in sight Laura Descia raised an eyebrow.

She had heard of such creatures, they had something called wonder-lust within their blood, this one must be very brave. She tried to manage a greeting but the curse kept her silent.

Strangely the moment the kender talked the invisible force that gripped the sorceress tongue vanished.

"Ahhh. Thankyou, your speech broke the curse" Laura thrilled then threw the cursed dagger into a corner of the room.

"The dagger was cursed with ridding those who touch it with dumbness. Very fine greeting to you Lucky, my name is Laura, Laura Descia, sorceress extraordinaire, at least when Im not cursed. Thankyou thankyou very much for breaking the spell"

With that the mage removed the most magnificent gemstone she pocketed earlier and offered it to the kender

"As my thanks for saving me, and I know your kind likes to handle things but you may want to take exception to that dagger, its a horrible thing."

While offering the gemstone, the mage bowed deeply, her relief obvious to any watching.

"This place is dangerous, more so if we are alone, care to accompany me while we try our luck in such a place? So far you have been my lucky charm, perhaps you can be so for both of our sakes while we are foolish enough to mess with the unknown here."

Noticing the kender was still sneezing Laura frowned then sighed

"The mist, it does strange things to those Im not acquainted with." With an intake of breath the sorceress dispels the mist, the same moment an echo of monster's yawn reverberates through the cavern.

"I hope my offer to team up with you finds ground within your heart, I feel you may need me too in such a place young Lucky"
Active threads

Remiel

"ACHOO! ACHOO! ACHOOOOOO!" Truly, one must wonder at how such a small creature could emit such powerful sneezes.  It was likely to bowl him over, and, in fact, very nearly did.  It was powerful enough to send him reeling off-balance, so that he sat down hard on his rump.

"Ughh..." he wiped his nose with his arm.  "I don't know what came over me, it seems that I am allergic to something in this cave."  He blinked, bleary-eyed, up at the sorceress, who towered over him.  "Are you an elf?  You don't have pointy ears like an elf. "  He stood up, slowly, carefully, lest he set off his sneezing fit again.   "Nice to meet you, Laura Descia, my name is Lucky Hipweed, son of Borger Hipweed, son of Horace Hipweed before him."  He bowed politely, as he was taught.

The sorceress had barely time to proffer the gemstone before the kender was darting forward, his eyes sparkling almost as bright as the gem.  "Ooooh!  What is that?  It's pretty!  Can I see it?  Is it magic?"  The kender's inquisitive nature instantly got the better of him, and he practically snatched it out of her hands so he could inspect it more closely.  "What kind of gem is it, do you know?  Is it a ruby?  A sapphire?  Cubic zirconia?"  He turned it over and over in his hands, marveling at how each fact glittered and shone.  "Oooh, it seems there are a few imperfections here, and here.  Do you see that?  It looks like it has been chipped. Still pretty though."   The gem was stuffed into the pouch along with all of the kender's other items. 

"A cursed dagger, you say?  That is fascinating."  He scurried over to inspect the dagger, although he did not pick it up.  "It seems such a shame to leave it behind, maybe it will come in handy."  Carefully, using his cloak to pick it up, being careful not to touch it, Lucky dropped the dagger into his pouch as well.

(Verasaille--does Lucky suffer the dagger's curse?)

Verasaille

(OOC- The GM is pondering. If you do not pick it up as a weapon you may keep it in your pouch. If you try to use it though, you will be cursed with silence for two turns. You can still use your hoopak and make some kind of mime or draw your words...providing he can read and write..or that the person he is communicating with can understand it. He will need to have someone other than the sorceress speak to him to break the spell however. To be fair. Of course in a battle situation someone is bound to speak to him, but he will still suffer from silence two turns (posts). Does that seem fair?))

Haolink is trying to rouse more minions to attack them, in the meantime, this part of the cave is a dead end. You will need to go back to the start and take a new route.

LuciferOs

(OOC - shall we wait for Fistar to post ?. Im a little afraid of posting when I wont to now but it seems a time that I can answer the kenders questions and make our way back to the begining, perhaps pick up another adventurer END OOC)
Active threads

Verasaille

(OOC-I believe That we can all continue, if Fistar wishes to join in he can do so when he wishes.)

LuciferOs

"I have no idea what gem it is, but let me be a little more thankful if it is chipped."

The sorceress untied the magic pouch which she reserved for treasure which held the remaining gems and handed it to the kender

"I think you can keep this for storing all our treasure, it contains some other gemstones like it. Knowing kenders it would likely be in your keeping no matter what I do anyway. Your nature may be to be light fingered but if you give us both luck is a fair trade in my book. The pouch itself is magical it holds much more than its size and weighs a lot less than its full contents, a perfect thing for a kender I think. It suits you"

After giving the kender the magic bag the elf smiles

"This way looks like a dead end. Shall we head back to the beginning ? and see what other turns there are ? Perhaps we may find another intrepid adventure who is good with a sword to join us"
Active threads

Fistar

---OOC --
(( I will reply shortly.  I have a feeling that my timezone maybe a bit skewed  (PST) but also have Christmas to deal with ))

Fistar

Tilos winced as his name was being called, why they must always yell so much.   He picked up his staff on the ground,  it was more for show, then anything else,  because well  the dragon just loved to keep his most precious magical items close by.   He then saw one of the bottles that he had conjured last night on the ground,  the one thing he was always good at was conjuring a bottle of different types of alcohol.  He picked it up and squinted at it to see if there was any content left, then without much fanfare he drank what ever putrid amount was left in it and then tossed the bottle aside which smashed into small pieces of glass.   The goblin started at him with great annoyance,   he didn’t care what the goblin thought at the moment.   Well he really didn’t think of much of anything these days anyways.   

Using the staff to steady himself he just nodded to the goblin, and knowing that doing any back talk would not do anything but probably increase the pounding of his head.

Intruders…   right…   he might as well see if he can befriend them and lead them to a trap.  Out right battling them might not be the best at the moment considering how he was feeling.

He knew there was a pit in one of passage,  if he could steer them there maybe he can push them in accidentally on purpose.

He then went off down the passage to meet up with whoever these adventurers were.    The imp appeared right next to him and it almost made him jump and hit his head on the ceiling.    He hated that imp.   He had a sneaking suspicion that it went out of its way to be an annoyance to him,   

The imp grinned at him flashing his sharp teeth,   it’s breath smelt like rotten eggs and it almost made Tilos sick as he choked out..   “Where are the intruders?”   

The imp motion down one of the passages and almost purposefully spoke with a sarcastic air,  “They are heading back to the entrance, but I heard them speaking about trying one of the other passages.  O’ Mighty Tiefling”  the imp then blew into his face, knowing full well his breath stunk and then disappeared.   Tilos almost gag and for a moment thought whatever content that his stomach contains would soon appear on the cave floor.

Tilos controlled his heaving and then sighed as he headed over in the direction of the entrance.   He might as well see if he can get them steered to the right passageway.    He still can’t believe that he agreed to be a slave of the dragon on the insistance of his father.  His father had told him that the dragon had a specific item that he needed,  a magical gem, and the only way to get was to help the dragon and eventually get trusted enough so he can retrieve the gem.   That was five years ago.    As he walked toward the entrance he sees the figures,  he muttered under his breath and an illusion of a gash appeared across his chest.   He stumbled forward toward them leaning heavily on the staff, which wasn’t that hard to fake as he was still feeling the affects of the night before.   

The cooler air from the entrance brushed across his bare chest and his belt skirt almost tangled around his legs as he stumbled to the ground.

Verasaille

Tilos would find himself near the entrance, but high above them. After all, Haolink was not about to have any openings that led to his control room. So the Tiefling would have to drop down about fifteen feet and hopefully fall on something soft, like maybe the bugbear? Of course that would wake him up.

That is if Lucky and Laura managed to sneak past the bugbear without waking him. The absence of the mist  might make the bugbear a little more with it. But he was comfortable where he was, curled up in a furry ball.

Fistar

Tilos stumbled forward and then stopped as he realized that the figures that he mistook for adventurers were actually large rocks,  straighten himself up he slowly walked forward, only to trip on a rock and falling forward and then flailing his arms falls over the ledge,  completely unaware he falls smack dab on top of the bugbear.   Landing was soft at least.   He gasps a moment thinking, what luck he had fallen onto something soft, only to hear the the softness growl and move.

Verasaille

The bugbear was smallish for one of his kind. But the landing of a body upon his curled up form was totally unexpected! He grunted in pain as the Tiefling rolled off of him.  A grumbling growl escaped him as he sized up the Tiefling. The bug bear was only three feet tall, though he thought he was a lot bigger.

About that time the goblin sent more bats to flutter around all the intruders. They were about the size of a human hand, nothing more than a nuisance.

Fistar

Tilos tilted his head for a moment as he sees the bugbear and almost laughed in relief,  for some reason he had visions of huge monstrous creature,  he was about to whack the bugbear over the head with his staff when the bats appeared.   He turned his attention to the bats and flails the staff around to keep the bats away and ducking down.

He gives off a girly scream, because he hates bats,  "Damn it..  stay away.. stay away.. ARRGH!!!"   

((OOC.. going to hold off posting in order the others to appear possibly  ))

Remiel

"Oooh!"  A magical pouch of holding was exactly what any self-respecting kender would want.  He quickly dumped all his items from one pouch into the other, and was surprised at how much smaller and lighter the one the sorceress gave him was.  He didn't have to lug the big one around anymore.  "My thanks, good lady!"  he bowed again, more deeply this time.  There was a saying--make friends with a kender and you will have a friend for life.  Of course, it was a curse as well as a warning, but the intent was there all the same.

"And yes, I saw a perfect tunnel on the way in!  It was a perfectly kender-sized tunnel..."  he frowned, as a thought occurred to him.  "But wait, you're not kender-sized, are you?  No, you'd be far too tall."  He rubbed his chin, pondering.  "Perhaps we could take one of the other tunnels instead?"

Suddenly, the sound of a growl echoed down the cave network.  Lucky knew that growl--it was the bugbear!

"Uh oh, I think the bugbear has woken up," he said, his brows knitting.  "Don't worry, Miss Laura Descia, I shall protect you!"  He leapt forward, hoopak in hand, to protect the sorceress from the evil bugbear attack.  Imagine his surprise when, instead of the creature, the kender received a faceful of bats.

LuciferOs

The elf smiled at the show of gallantry from the kender and was glad the pouch was well recieved, it has cost a small fortune but it was something that a kender would make better use of than herself.

As the scene dawned on her the elf shivered. Not those bats again. She remembered the frantic time she had prying one free of her hair.

The elf squatted as close to the ground as she dared. A bugbear ! and another form ? friend or foe she didnt know.  All knew bugbears were evil though and with that in mind the sorceress tries to hypnotize the bugbear, making something that is strong work for the team would be better than anything else.

She tried to get a clear view of the thing but bats were everywhere, there seemed to be no end of them !. If she does manage to get a clear view, that hynotize spell isn't far off.
Active threads

Verasaille

The bats do not stay long, as they are easily dispatched with a swat or two from almost anything. The bugbear roars again, the Tiefling had taken at least two of his hit points by merely falling on him. He only had four left. But he was unsure who to attack.

The Tiefling was screaming like a girl, confusing for the bugbear, he did not mind the bats, they left him alone. The kender on the other hand, had that nasty hoopak and it hurt to be smacked by it. He made a move towards the kender, though he was still several feet away. "ROARRR!" he bounded forward.

He stopped short and stared at the elf on the floor. Where did she come from? Blinking he stared at her in confusion.

Fistar

Tilos crouching down almost cowering as he finished flailing and then seeing that the bats have moved on.   He sees the bugbear charge forward at the figures further down the passageway.   
What a dilemma,   should he join the bugbear in the attack and then maybe defeat the adventurers or should he make it appear that he is with them?  He didn't know what strength they have and being a cautious and hungover tiefling,  he decided to appear that he was injured which he hopes the illusion on his chest holds and watches the bugbear attack.   
God what he would do for a drink right about now,  he thought.

Verasaille

Haolink watched as the bugbear stopped and stared. "Dang it!! Do I has ta send in heavy hitters? That Tiefling better do som'tin' besides watch! Where is the carrion crawler? That will do the trick, a nice big worm with lots o' teeth, crunching through walls!"

The whole cave system shook as he flipped a lever and the carrion crawler came out of his metal cage, hungry for carrion. (what else?) Ten feet of yellow and hot pink worm, about three feet thick slithered down through the hole above the adventurers.

Remiel

The brave Kender bounded forth, completely ignoring the tiefling.  "I thought I taught you a lesson!" he shouted at the bugbear.  "You can't eat me, nosirree!"  BONK! went the hoopak on the bugbear's head as Lucky smacked it a second time.  "That will teach you never to mess with the Hipweed clan of Amberbottom."

He stopped, as his perspicacious Kender ears heard the slithering of something nearby.  It sounded very large.  "Uh oh, something's coming!" he shouted to the sorceress, the tiefling, and even the bugbear.  "Run!"  With that, he scampered away down the tunnel.