Any help on what this Authentication window is? SOLVED

Started by Oreo, January 20, 2011, 05:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

This started showing up about a week ago every time I open a program or browser window. How do I make it GO AWAY?

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

jouzinka

That looks like a spyware to me. Did you run Avira recently? What's that F:\autorun.inf that it's warning you against?
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Oreo

The autorun pops up every time I open the browser and has been doing that since their last update about 2 months ago. I run Spybot and Malewarebytes once a week and haven't had a virus in over a year. This password thing has only been going on for about three days. I thought it might be related to the password protector program, but I uninstalled that and the window is still coming up.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Vekseid

Do you have a CD in your drive? What happens when you remove it?

Oreo

No CD in my drive. The F:\ is my external HD. I'm not concerned about that part. Though the message pops up, Maleware says my F drive is okay. It's this Authentication Window. I don't know what password it wants and I am not about to feed something when I don't know what it is.

Oniya

Have you tried pulling up your Task Manager to look for what is running?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oreo

Oreo