News:

Main Menu

The Flash

Started by Callie Del Noire, October 08, 2014, 11:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Just saw the beginning of the new series.. so far I've seen one 'homage' appearance. The OLD flash is Berry's dad..

10 minutes in and I like the teaser. Hoping they don't fall into the 'smallville freak of the week' hole the first season..

Mathim

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 08, 2014, 11:53:57 AM
Just saw the beginning of the new series.. so far I've seen one 'homage' appearance. The OLD flash is Berry's dad..

10 minutes in and I like the teaser. Hoping they don't fall into the 'smallville freak of the week' hole the first season..

I'm still waiting to get my hands on the first/second season of Arrow before tuning into this one. I want a better idea of how this broadening new DC-verse is structured.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

mia h

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 08, 2014, 11:53:57 AM

They have said there's quiet a number of characters that need introducing in the first episodes so the first part of the season is going to be more of an ensemble\anthology type thing, so not all Barry all the time.

But I think they might go 'Freak of the Week' for a while just to get Central City and Team Flash established, and there's a lot to squeeze in. Vibe, Killer Frost, Captain Boomerang, Firestorm, Gorilla Grodd and those are just the ones we know about.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Callie Del Noire

I hope that this doesn't fall into the 'freak of the week' bit. I'm really hoping to see 'classic' flash villains. Mirror Master and Captain Freeze for example. They will need some serious replay value though. Not one and done.

greenandgold

Looking forward to this week's episode in 14 minutes. Can't wait for the crossover to continue. Love the crossover's.

himawari

still don't like Iris West :'D
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

greenandgold

I enjoy The Flash and Arrow, and I enjoy WestAllen and Olicity. What I DIDN'T enjoy was the shit they pulled
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
by doubling up the WestAllen and Olicity wedding. What a COMPLETE rip-off for both couples and the fans of each couple. As much as I like the Diggle character, I don't care for the lame weddings that took place.

Also, I felt it cheapened things by just tossing the Olicity wedding in at the last second. What a piece of BULLSHIT.

They couldn't be bothered to give either couple an actual wedding, so they just threw together some lame 5 minute thing and fans are supposed to be happy with that. SCREW THAT.

Mathim

Apparently Walmart had some leftover Flash season 2 and 3 on sale from Black Friday, so I snagged 'em for 10 bucks each. That's even cheaper than used copies!

I'm glad they keep mostly to themselves without relying too heavily on me having to watch Arrow (freaking sick of that show...should be 13 episodes per season, tops). But all the Legends and Supergirl stuff involved in those multi-episode crossovers are getting annoying since I have to look at their shows to see what I'm missing.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

greenandgold

I'm still enjoying the show. Really glad the whole BS 'Barry goes to jail' thing, is over.