Previous topic - Next topic

Josietta

*likes sausage*.. >.>   

*is peeking in as Aiden nudged her over here*

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

lorcan

I have some interest in this but i have a question, Would you be willing to allow a non mutatnt proffessor who lost his job at a university for a lecture he gave on the right and ethical treatment of mutants and sends a resume to the xavier institute fro a job as a philosophy professor?

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

lorcan

Writersblockade

You know...that actually is a pretty sweet idea. Not bad at all!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Pumpkin Seeds

Alsheriam

Whoever thought that Philosophy would've been a popular subject!
A/A

Secretwriter

Quote from: Josietta on December 05, 2010, 02:38:35 PM
*likes sausage*.. >.>   

*is peeking in as Aiden nudged her over here*

Hey, Josi.  Currently we're only taking male characters, if you're interested in playing a guy, you're more than welcome to join.  :-/  If not, it could be a while... *fidgets*

Quote from: lorcan on December 05, 2010, 03:36:58 PM
I have some interest in this but i have a question, Would you be willing to allow a non mutatnt proffessor who lost his job at a university for a lecture he gave on the right and ethical treatment of mutants and sends a resume to the xavier institute fro a job as a philosophy professor?

After speaking to Adonis, we don't see why that should be a problem.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Muse

*smiles*  At the suggestion of one of my favorite gals, I'll be auditioning a cook soon. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Secretwriter

Quote from: Black Howling on December 05, 2010, 02:03:19 PM
:
Character:

Code-Name: Animus
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: Male
Relationship Status: Single
Team Affiliation: Xavier
Position at the School: Psychiatrist

Appearance:

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Fair
Weight: 165 lbs
Height: 5'10"
Other: Three strange dots on his forehead, just under the hairline.

Date Of Birth: 8-15-1981
Place Of Birth: Boston Massachusetts, USA
Citizenship: US Citizen

Information:

Personality: Simon is best described as a nerd. He's quick witted, and while very good with words, anything outside of his normal element gets him tongue tied. He's kind, though tries to keep a neutral view because his job so often has him looking into the minds of others. While he loves talking about his work, any conversation will do. He's a talker, and loves to drone on.

Background: Simon was born to a wealthy political family in Boston. Raised with his father's constant talks of politics, it did not take long for him to decide he hated them. This turned into a silent form of rebellion for him, taking interest in things his father wanted nothing to do with, and putting his intellectual pursuits to anything other then the circus parade his father so wanted him to join in with.

By the time he reached puberty, Simon had managed to get himself ostracized by his father, yet not sent away for his brilliant mind. They instead locked him in private boarding schools so they did not have to look at him, and this is where he first began to develop his abilities. The nerd in him spoke clear when he first discovered the powers he held, and he likened them to comic books at first before he began to realize how serious the situation was. He couldn't control them, had no clue how, and nearly killed three of his friends during a normal game time when they were set off.

Knowing he couldn't keep it up, he sanctioned his family to take him home for schooling. They did such unhappily, and he used the solitude to work on his powers until he went off to college, managing somehow to keep them under wraps. Because of the study at his own pace time, he managed to finish high-school classes by age sixteen, learning that his gift of telepathy somehow increased his cognitive learning process. He took up study of the mind in college to help better come to terms with the power he possessed, and graduated top of his class at Harvard Medical.

It was at this point he was approached by Professor Xavier, and asked if he could use his gifts to help those troubled students at his school. Having gained inspiration from the influential man during his own self training, Simon agreed readily, and took his knowledge with him in hopes to help those who were not so fortunate as he.

Mother:

Name: Helen Richards
Race: Human

Father:

Name: Kevin Richards
Race: Human

Other Relatives: Brother: Steven Ricahrds- Human Sister: Caroline Richards- Mutant?

Powers:

Major: Kinetics: The first ability he discovered was the power to manipulate energy with his mind. He managed to harness it so he could move, or bludgeon things with what appears to be unseen force.

Minor: Telepathy: He learned while in solitude that he could sometimes hear others thoughts, and even implant urges they otherwise would not have. Since then he has manifested this power quite well, though it pales in comparison to professor Xavier.

Power Limitations:

Major: His powers are limited on the pounds he lift, or pounds of pressure he can direct. So far he gauges it at a thousand pounds, spread out between no more then four targets. This power also weighs on his mind with the more force he uses, and it's been a cause of constant nose bleeds and blackouts during his life. If pushed too far, it could literally kill him.

Minor: His Telepathy is very small scale. He can only direct it to those he can see, and only then he can only pick up surface thoughts and implant suggestions that require some want on the subjects part to actually follow. If allowed to touch the person in question, he can delve deeper then this, but he's learned it holds the same risk his Kinetics do; and has passed out several times trying help a patient with it.

Hobbies and Interests: He's a comic book nerd, enjoys anything to do with reading, and even though he no longer plays he still tends to collect supplies for Tabletop gaming. He also knows that the key to a strong mind if a fit body, so he keeps an avid interest in exercise so he can maintain whole body health.

OOC Ons and Offs:

((Not sure how you'll see the powers, I think they mimic Jean Grey's too much. I tweaked them all I can manage so far, so hopefully the limitations and manifestations are enough to separate them. I await the GM's verdict. ^^"))

I approve it, with Adonis's approval you may add him to the bio sheet.

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Adonis

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Black Howling

I personally thought they too closely resembled the canon, but I figured it was best to just ask. >.>;

Adding him now. :D

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Secretwriter

I'm sure that he'll use them differently, and for one, you're not one of the power playing people that we have to worry about.  I'm sure that you'll put your own creative twist on similar abilities and make it fun.

Tackyhillbilly

I had some extra time, so here we go...

---

Character:

Code-Name: (optional)
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Relationship Status: Single
Position at the School: Student

Appearance:

Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Skin: Light
Weight: 140
Height: 5’11
Other:

Date Of Birth: 1992
Place Of Birth: Houston, Texas
Citizenship: United States Citizen

Information:

Personality: A smiling, good natured fellow, Charlie has always been one of these people who light up the room around him. Quick with a laugh and an easy smile, he has a self confidence that buoys him through most rough patches, paired with a sense of humor that lets him laugh at anything, most especially himself.

Intelligent, focused, personable, he’s one of those kids who people always believe are going far. And Charlie makes it his purpose to not disappoint anyone, especially his parents.

Background: [Three good paragraphs]

Charlie grew up in the Texas heat, a gifted, but unremarkable child. His father had run out on his mom when he was just a baby, but his family took care of their own, and he didn’t lack father figures growing up. His mother remarried when he was 7, and his stepfather was a great guy, and treated Charlie like his own son. He never had any complaints about his home life.

His grades were good, but not perfect, he was good at sports, but not great, it was the story of his life. He was that kid who everyone liked, who was good at everything, but not great. Personable, intelligent, good looking, and good at sports, he was a jack-of-trades. And he was happy. People don’t try to tear down the kid who is good, when they can go after the one that is great. Well liked, he was happy.

Of course, all stories like his must come to an end. For Charlie, it was the development of mutant powers. His mother had always feared he would, legacy of his father, who had been a mutant before he ran off. She watched lights flicker as he passed, static discharge whenever he touched something grow, dozens of little things filling her with trepidation. When he blew out the home Stereo System by touching it, she knew what was going on. She took him aside, and told him the truth. His father had been a mutant, a handsome man. She never really learned what his power was, their time together being short. The affair lasted all of a week, before he was forced to run again. However, Charlie was the product of it.

Charlie gained a measure of control over his powers, and told his mother he didn’t want to go anywhere. She embraced him and agreed, her heart overruling her head. But she was smart enough to get in contact with Xavier’s academy, having found them through her own research. Charlie lost control in school, a massive electrical discharge burning out the lighting of the cafeteria in one go. Charlie boarded a Plane for New York the next day, and he entered the Xavier Academy. He has every intention of picking up his life where he left off.

Mother:

Name: Jessica Keaton
Race: (mutant or human) Human

Father:

Name: Thomas (Unknown)
Race: (mutant or human) Mutant

Other Relatives:

Eric Keaton, Stepfather
Brandon Keaton, Half-Brother

Powers:

Major: Charlie has the ability to store and release massive amount of Electrical power in his body. He can draw it from smaller amounts, statically generated, or siphon it off en masse, such as from a live wire.
Minor: Charlie can also enter electrical current, his body joining with the current, using it to speed him along to places at incredible rates.
Minor: Charlie is immune to being hurt by electricity. As long as he can store it, he’ll draw it off with no ill effects.

Power Limitations:

Major: Charlie can’t use more electrical energy then he has stored, and if he runs out, he’s just a normal human. As well, his powers can’t penetrate much. Things that stop an electrical current prove just as much a barrier to his powers.
Minor: There is a danger to this power. If he gets caught in the Circuit, he can go round and round, never escaping. And if the current dies… Charlie doesn’t know what would happen to him, and never wants to find out.
Minor: Charlie doesn’t know how much his body can hold, and truth be told, doesn’t really intend to find out.

Hobbies and Interests: Playing Soccer, flirting with girls

Secretwriter

I like it.  Approved by me, and with Adonis's approval, you may post him in the bio thread. 

I did worry about there being yet another Charles, as he's the third one, but he goes by Charlie, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Adonis

He's fine with me. Just specify as to whether or not he's a high school senior, or college junior @ age 18.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Secretwriter

Quote from: Adonis on December 06, 2010, 12:00:48 AM
He's fine with me. Just specify as to whether or not he's a high school senior, or college junior @ age 18.

Ack! I always miss that! Thank you.

Tackyhillbilly

Secretwriter

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Adonis

Character:

Code-Name: Gambit
Ethnicity:Caucasion
Relationship Status:Single
Position at the School: Security Head

Appearance:

Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: See pic
Skin: Lightly tanned
Weight: 178 lbs
Height: 6'"0
Other: Black & Red eyes

Date Of Birth: Unknown
Place Of Birth: New Orleans, Louisiana
Citizenship: US

Information:

Personality:

As the X-Men's self-described ladies' man, Gambit absolutely oozes southern charm towards most women. Loyal only to those who've earned it, he still enjoys toying around.

Background:

Remy LeBeau was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. He was kidnapped from the hospital where he was born, then raised by the LeBeau Clan Thieves' Guild, and given to the Antiquary as a tribute.

They referred to the child as "Le Diable Blanc" ("the white devil") and believed he was prophesied to unite the warring Thieves' and Assassins' Guilds. Soon after, Remy was placed in the care of Fagan's Mob, a gang of street thieves who raised the child and taught him the ways of thievery. After living as an orphan on the streets, a 10-year-old Remy attempted to pick the pocket of Jean-Luc LeBeau, then patriarch of the Thieves' Guild. Jean-Luc took the boy off the streets and adopted him into his own family.

Remy's bio-kinetic charging abilities manifested early in his teens, although he kept his powers secret from his family and friends, practicing his powers away from prying eyes.

From there, through a series of random events, he ended up working with the X-men for a goodly while, but eventually parted ways. Now, he's found a new home at Xavier's new school as the head of security.

Mother:

Name: Unknown
Race: Unknown

Father:

Name: Unknown
Race: Unknown

Other Relatives:

Powers:

Major : Kinetic Conversion - uses the bio-kinetic energy his body produces to convert the potential energy of non-living matter into kinetic energy. The conversion process, referred to as charging, often results in a violent and powerful explosion. The explosion is proportional to the size of the object.

Minor: Silver Tongued - Gambit possesses a hypnotic charm that allows him to exert a subtle influence over sentient beings, leading them to believe what he says and agree with his suggestions.

Minor: Spatial Awareness - Remy knows the exact position of everything around him at all times and is able to instinctively calculate speeds, distances and movements of all of it in relation to him. Considered 4D thinking, it is a central ability for pilots, but Remy‘s level makes it extreme. That accounts for his preternatural grace and ability to perform amazingly dangerous stunts and maneuvers.

Power Limitations:

Major Limitation - Only able to charge non-living matter.

Minor Limitation - he charm does not work on those who know what he's doing.

Hobbies and Interests:

Flirting, teasing, practical jokes, cards, and women. Lots and lots of women.

Extra : Because I was bored, I tried to find a fitting theme song ;)

Nerd-Lapdance
O/O's