the bleak abyss and the peaks of bliss [f for m] updated 09/08

Started by sunbeams, January 16, 2012, 07:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunbeams

I want to do something dischordic. Something where the characters get so upset with each other, sometimes, that they can't help but fight and scream. No physical abuse or anything, just arguments and tension and all of the lovely things that seem to be removed from so many of the role plays here. I want grit and realism, a tinge of sadness, people who (eventually grow to) love each other, but who still experience the occasional disconnect. Characters who don't know who they are. Ones who take their frustrations out on the people they care about, because they don't know how else to cope. People with problems, passion, lust, faults, beauty, and imagination. Characters who don't think they're good enough, or they don't think the world's good enough. Those who indulge in self medication or hours of meditation to rid their minds of sickness. They worry if there's something wrong with them, or if everyone's equally as mentally fucked. Maybe they're dark people. Dangerous people. Criminal people. Saintly people who can no longer resist the temptation of the world's hedonistic bounty.

That's not to say that I don't like sweet things--but a look into the bleak abyss makes the peaks of bliss all the better, right?

So, I'd imagine it goes without saying that character-driven stories are important to me. Character chemistry is the one thing that can make or break a role play--a good plot helps, but I'm sure we've all had role plays with good plots that have faltered thanks to incompatible characters.

I'm looking for something long term, where the characters develop an emotional bond with each other before fucking like beasts. I also don't have any plots right now, I'd like to come up with something in tandem with you. Funnel both of our wants and imagination into it, an equal exchange of ideas.

●●●● = no.
●●●●● = I guess.
●●●●● = alright.
●●●●● = yes!
●●●●● = ABSOLUTELY!

younger woman x older man ●●●●●
older woman x younger man ●●●●

I play the bolded role, no questions asked. c:

Real Life

psychologist x patient ●●●●●
(internet or mail) pen pals ●●●●●
music festival ●●●●
space exploration ●●●●●
professor x student ●●●●
stoner x dealer ●●●●●
stoner x stoner ●●●●
uncle x niece ●●●●●
homeless x person ●●●●
musician x fan ●●●●●
tattoo artist x customer ●●●●
doctor x patient ●●●●●
best friends ●●●●●
apocalyptic ●●●●●

Movies

Humboldt County ●●●●●
Shrink ●●●●●

Television

Doctor Who ●●●●●

Video Games

Skyrim ●●●●

I'd love to hear your pairings or ideas, as well!

Kilgore Trout

I would love to play with virtual reality. Your idea sounds like a lot of fun. I am an older male who has had a lot of experience with sci-fi role play. PM me. :)
You know, the truth can be really powerful stuff. You're not expecting it.

Lightshock16

The 'Stalker x Neighbour' Idea really interest's me. Please PM me if your still looking for someone. <3

selfexiled

I like the neighbor one, or medievel. Not the professor type and don't toke so I got nothing for ya there.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

Xain903

I'm available for any of them really, though the ones that interest me most are medieval and the professor one, I think it would be interesting to see the fun times someone can have with her currently divorced professor.

LeSane

I read the plots you have and would wonder if you like to try the zombie apocalypse idea you have with me.
Yes I know I am new here to E, but if you want I gave give you a few samples of how I write you might be interested.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

RolandDragoon

Not many doing Zombie type stuff....could be fun! >:)

Panduhmoanium

strangers, camping, alcohol, potential 420, shitty camping games like 'truth or dare' and 'never have I ever'

Holy.
Shit.
Yes.

I'm totally down for this RP if you're still available!

sunbeams

Rukio

Hey. If the story is still on the table, I'd like to give the court ordered counseling sessions a try. I'm not over the age of 24, but I have spoken to several psychologists and I think I can pull it off.

sunbeams