News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Any Wow-Heads out there?

Started by Anony Mouse, June 14, 2010, 12:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Question for all you Wow Players...if I stop the Background downloader, will it pick up where it left off next time I start the game?...cause...4.96 GB is a bit much for a damn patch. O-o

Zaer Darkwail

If you have the option on that it downloads it only after you stop playing then it would download after you stopped the gaming (and so does not ruin gaming experience with strong lag). So far as I know the patch comes in tiny pieces at time so it does not ruin progress so far gained if you shut down the comp.

Wolfy

I have no idea how to turn on that option...soo..mucho lag. o-o

And your right..it says stages 1-3..I'm just wondering If I cancel it now, if it would pick back up once I restarted tomorrow...then again, I could just wait for a week till I get my new computer...that one I could actually leave on and running all night and day while the patch downloads. O-o

Zaer Darkwail

I would think it would pick up from stage which was latest completed one.

Wolfy

Well I mean...I have no idea what stage it's in..it's just doing them all at once, I think. O_o

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, it tries do all of them once. My best advice is to just wait till it's complete tough. Just to be sure it gets completed and not bothered by it later. Also I PM'ed you about something as I recall Wolfy.

Wolfy

O_o..I can't wait till it's complete....I've gotta sleep and it's going to take like, 13 hours. O-o

Callie Del Noire

Wait till you see the background downloader

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 01, 2010, 01:34:50 AM
Wait till you see the background downloader

That's what I'm talking about! o3o

fireflights

before my computer died i played WoW and plan to return when i get my new comp. i play a NE on there but she is still young. i play on suramar

I have taken the oath of the Drake

Livin in MD now.

Not taking anymore one on ones but ones already discussed with the partners.

Wyrd

Just got off WoW right now actually. I got only a few months ago so I'm still getting the hang of things, but so far I'm really enjoying it. Any one on Wyrmrest Accord?
Ragtime Dandies!

wokeupmad

How did I miss this thread!?!
I play on Feathermoon. All Alliance side. I have one of each class/each profession & all at 80 - except my warrior. Got her to 65 and would rather kill myself than level her.
Feathermoon is an RP server with a severe lack of RP. All I can say is if you come over watch out for the Tram Trollops.
-So, if there's anything I can do for you, or, more to the point, to you, you just let me know.
-Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis?
-Not right now.
-A girl's gotta have her standards.

Callie Del Noire

Mostly I play on Silvermoon (Allaince) and Lost Isles (Cata Beta, both sides)

Aiden

Tram Trollops?! Those are my favorite kind!
/roll on Feathermoon

I play Horde on Velen, planning on playing Alliance come Cata with a close knit group of friends, since we want both scorpion and lion mounts.

Callie Del Noire

Worgen are fun, though a bit buggy. Running Wild still looks a bit silly and they just opened up females to play with. I've played 4 newbie zones now.

Worgen: You play getting infected and the fall of Gilnies city, getting cured, the Forsaken invading, the Cataclysm hitting, discovering the truth behind the Worgen curse and fleeing Gilneas.

Goblins: You start as trade prince/princess preparing a party, play a round of bomb ball, see Deathwing detonate the volcano. Then you have to rush to buy your way onto the boat with your entrourage, only to be sold into slaver by the Trade Prince. But then you run into the Horde/Alliance and your boat is sunk. Rebuilding again, you have to get off the next island with all sorts of fun to do. I seriously think the Goblin starting area is much more fun.. Not saying that the Worgen zone ISN'T

Humans: The grape farm is on fire, the monastery is beset by bladefist orcs that you have to clear out.

Gnomes: You start as a survivor of Gnomer, recued before you go leper gnome and move up to the surface where Tinkertown is.

Wolfy

So then..every Race is getting a new Starting Zone Revamp to be more...immersive/story-driven? O-o

I'm guessing Draenei and Blood Elves are left out of it, though. >_>

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on October 05, 2010, 08:29:31 PM
So then..every Race is getting a new Starting Zone Revamp to be more...immersive/story-driven? O-o

I'm guessing Draenei and Blood Elves are left out of it, though. >_>

Don't know about EVERY zone, just the ones I've listed. I haven't tried out a dwarf shammie yet or a dranei warrior.. and I haven't tried out the new troll zone either.

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 05, 2010, 08:33:14 PM
Don't know about EVERY zone, just the ones I've listed. I haven't tried out a dwarf shammie yet or a dranei warrior.. and I haven't tried out the new troll zone either.

Well, the new Troll Zone should be their island.

Dwarves will probably be set in Cold Ridge Valley, since that's where they start anyway.

And since everyone else (Humans, Gnomes, etc.) are getting storyline based Starting zones(That are also Instanced), one would think that every race would get the same treatment...buut..who knows. O_o

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on October 05, 2010, 08:38:29 PM
Well, the new Troll Zone should be their island.

Dwarves will probably be set in Cold Ridge Valley, since that's where they start anyway.

And since everyone else (Humans, Gnomes, etc.) are getting storyline based Starting zones(That are also Instanced), one would think that every race would get the same treatment...buut..who knows. O_o

Well so far the human/gnome zones are revamped but not phased like the goblin/worgen ones.

Wolfy

Yes...but Blizzard has already said every starting zone will be instanced...which means no going back. D: and No visiting them. D:

Callie Del Noire

Don't see it in the human/gnomes area. DEFINITELY see it in the new race zones.. hell the Goblins move through two islands before winding up where Thrall sets them up.

PS Thrall's replacement is a total tool.

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 05, 2010, 08:53:12 PM
Don't see it in the human/gnomes area. DEFINITELY see it in the new race zones.. hell the Goblins move through two islands before winding up where Thrall sets them up.

PS Thrall's replacement is a total tool.

Everyone knows that..o3o..Garrosh is a total dick.

stormkitten

Defintely my favorite is the Warlock.

Exador with Alliance charries

Grizzly Hill with horde charries
"I thought of a wonderful present for you. Shall I give you despair?"

~Twisted Romance & Dark Tales~
*Extreme: Pregnancy & Breeding* 
ONS and OFFS

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on October 06, 2010, 12:08:18 AM
Everyone knows that..o3o..Garrosh is a total dick.

Figures.. Wrymn finally gets his head out of his ass and the Horde leader has to stick his up his ass.

Wolfy

Garrosh as always been a Douche Xenophobe. o3o You should have seen that in WoTLK.