Gauging the Temperature: Massive Custom Space RP. [UN]

Started by Revolverman, September 18, 2008, 11:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revolverman

Ok, I wanna know how many people are interested in a Massive Space RP with as many people as possible?

My idea is that Earth has just developed Warp Drive, and now needs to explore beyond the Sol Solar System.

However, your not stuck with being human. You're aloud to make your own home world, with its own race. it ,however, must be on par with earth. it can be equal, or it can be better then earth in some ways, but worse in others.

Earth is now for the most part clean, and peaceful, under the control of the UEG (United Earth Government, a Dictatorship) and almost all industry is now on Mars and Mercury. Earth is a farm world. The asteroid belt is being developed for mining. Venus is undergoing Terra forming. The Gas Giants are being harvested for the Hydrogen needed for Warp Drive and other trace gasses. Pluto is a military outpost. All these Planets have Human cities, so all humans can come from any planet in Sol (Gas giant have low orbit cities around them, but any one from one, is considered to be from the Planet.) If your from a Moon, you will still be considered from the planet it orbits. Sol System Traffic is busy and its nearly impossible to be hidden in Sol.

If you decide to make your own race, you will need to make a solar system for them too.

I will only be running the NPCs, and random events. This RP is going to be driven by the players, if they do nothing, nothing will happen.

Please post if interested, or have questions.

Players
Laeori
Atlus
Akhanu
Combicon
RubySlippers

Laeori

I am definitely there. Just let me think up my race of supa sexah ladies and I'll get back with you *winks*

Atlus

This sounds like fun. I'm not sure how many RPs I can handle right now, but assuming all goes well I'd like to join. Save me a spot.
How profound such profanity can be.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>

Laeori

Ok, this is just a rough outline for my character, so you have an idea where I am going.  As usual I have selected a Royo print for inspiration.. here ya go.

http://www.aumania.it/fa/royo/091.jpg

As for the planet.  No land mass at all, the entire planet is water based.  Cities and civilization exists under water  They can however, fly short distances, this is mainly for travel and or hunting. 

The society, female driven.  Males are second class citizens if at all.  Think a reverse ancient Roman type world.  Pure love is believed to only exist between two women.
^.^ 

I haven't decided how I want to do reproduction and such with them, though I have a few really good ideas.  Anyhow, that's what I got so far I will work on it some more tomorrow =)

Akhanu

Yes yes. I want a ride among the planets and stars and all. Now Earth definitely needs better performing warp-drives then the crude, inefficient and highly unstable ones that they use so far. And I'm sure Laeori's alien race has better ones. :D Embassies anyone? Industrial agents and interstellar smuggling? We earthlings are resourceful even though primitive :P
Experience Chan! There's neither distance nor intimacy. Observation is like a family treasure. Whether with eyes, ears, body, nose, or tongue - It's hard to say which is the most amazing to use.
-  Master Xu Yun

Ons and Offs

Revolverman

Added! put you down as an Terran?

Also, you RP as one person in this game, but you can be anything you like with the exception of the leader of the UEG (not to say you cant BECOME leader ;) )

Akhanu

Yessah. I'd be a Terran in this. I'll think in more detail what I'd make my character to be and it's a nice idea to  consider becoming the leader of the wretched primitive but still highly intriguing race we are. :D
Experience Chan! There's neither distance nor intimacy. Observation is like a family treasure. Whether with eyes, ears, body, nose, or tongue - It's hard to say which is the most amazing to use.
-  Master Xu Yun

Ons and Offs

Revolverman

Akhanu

Hehe, yes, an agent/spy character in charge of leading the secret services of the UEG is a very good idea. I think I'll start here and now only work out the details.
If there's anything I'd have to keep in mind before I work out the detail, let me know.
-  Master Xu Yun

Ons and Offs

Revolverman

nope, totally free formed, but keep it realistic, I won't hesitate to punish god-moders.

Revolverman

oh ya, if you want me too, I can build your solar system for you, and place it in the galaxy. but you must build the race.

Combicon

RubySlippers

I want to do a human offshoot that lives and works in space they have a modest home planet but most of the race live and work in space, from pirates to honest merchants and explorers. They would have penalties in average gravity fields but be natural space pilots being devestating in combat ,at least if smaller ships like fighters and corvettes, and navigating the stars. It will be neutral to humanity at this point and any other race.

Other races will likely have better big ships but the shipyards ,small and mostly personal family run, would produce the finest smaller ships in the universe and be experts at taking derelict materials to make custom ships.

I'm going to make it more of a guild or corporation however maybe called the Alliance of Free Space (AFS) in structure.

As for reproduction for the water race what about gene-spliced coloning tyope technology two females can decide to mate, go to a fertility facility they will take genes from both and merge them in a empty egg and encourage reproduction. Growing the daughter in a breeding capsule until she is matures. Like in a Brave New World but the daughter would know her parents.

Combicon

If I was allowed to join, I'd love to do a race that lives on an island that's been mostly avoided by civilsed worlds because of the lack of policing there, where mobs rule the streets, violence is a day-to-day occurance. Kind of like tattoine (with the hutts ruling almost everything), except a lot more violent, and mosst of the people there turning out to be theives, admittedly their engineering skills aren't that great, however their world, being mostly untouched by other races (as it's considered an unfit place to be, so no one even mines the resources), has given them the opportunity to develop rockets and the like. Admittedly, there will be the occasional mishap where something blows up, killing a few, but those who have made it up into the skies, usually become pirates of sorts, either that, or traders in a black market. The few who have made very sucsessful ships that can travel to other planets faster, or navigate easier have been known to intergrate to other planets, while generally being abused from day-to-day, live by helping construct, or further said planets travel potential (i.e. helping to make better rockets etc).

Their appearence would be a mixture between a rock elemental and gollum, their back, arms, the back of their head and their feet being the tough skin (where it is slightly rougher, like the rock elemental), but in general being smaller and nimbler, if that makes any sense.

Reproduction; Most, if not all of the species would have sex organs like humans, that can either fold away, or becovered by a fold in their skin. As they aren't usually family-loving creatures (i.e. they are social, somewhat, but tend to veer away from staying as partners) at specific times of the year, like certain animals on Earth, have a specific place for mating, and mate as one big group (that is, essentially, a swingers party, where lots of people are mating at the same place, but paired off into small groups/couples).

Their solar system is quite small, and all the planets are quite close to the sun, making their skin likely to be darker,, and have less, if any hair.

Hmm, I can't think of anything else there needs to be discussed about it...

Laeori

The gene splicing is a great idea, though it takes the fun out of it. Plus if they were completely self sufficient they wouldn't need men at all and I would assume they'd all be run off, killed, or just bred out.  I am thinking I will go with my guild's current theory on Naga, and take it from a snake/ reptilian perspective.. I'll let those of you who need too look that up do so for now =P  Could prove intriguing later on *laughs*

Aiden

Combicon

Quote from: Laeori on September 19, 2008, 11:55:02 AM
The gene splicing is a great idea, though it takes the fun out of it. Plus if they were completely self sufficient they wouldn't need men at all and I would assume they'd all be run off, killed, or just bred out.  I am thinking I will go with my guild's current theory on Naga, and take it from a snake/ reptilian perspective.. I'll let those of you who need too look that up do so for now =P  Could prove intriguing later on *laughs*

Good golly, you're right. XD [Goes and edits]

Revolverman

All Approved. How long should we wait before we start? I was thinking a week.

Laeori

That's a good time frame.  Let's you get things started and lets us work out the final details of our races and character's.

Karnax

count me in. I will make an alien race... something different.
Polyamory is wrong! Multiamory or Polyphilia is ok, but never mix Latin and Greek roots!

Transgirlenstein

Not sure if this intrudes too much into what Laeroi is doing but I would love to play a naga/serpentine race.  Perhaps a hermaphorditic/andrognyous species or something.  I will need to think up some details first.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Laeori

*Smells potential crossbreeding*.. well if we don't nuke eachother first =P  ROFL  ;D

Jk jk kj  The more snake people the better I say!

Aiden

you want us to send some quick bio/appearance? (Those who have not?)

Revolverman

100% welcome, if possible, a space ship would be great too.