Hogwarts; A Future House: Year Two, Now Recruiting! Last Chance!

Started by Aiden, March 03, 2014, 12:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caela

AmberStarfire

RedMoon

Did someone say redheads? I was on the fence before, but now... Hmm.

Caela

Quote from: RedMoon on March 26, 2014, 07:56:43 PM
Did someone say redheads? I was on the fence before, but now... Hmm.

lots of redheads!!  ;D

Flower

And here I thought beer and strippers would pull them in.

RedMoon

I think this is possibly more reading, planning, thinking and researching than I would normally do in several weeks of work.

Aiden

HaF is a pretty massive game, so it is well worth the time investment.

ebpohmr

Quote from: Aiden on March 27, 2014, 01:06:01 PM
HaF is a pretty massive game, so it is well worth the time investment.

Amen to that! Seriously talented and welcoming bunch of players that it is a genuine pleasure to write with! :)

RedMoon

For sure. It definitely looks like it would be fun to get in to, and worth the time investment. Just taking me a while to go through all the relevant information and come up with some ideas. I'll see what I can do, though!

Kokaine

Wouldn't mind at all if someone made a girlie that was actually into other girls... just sayin! xD
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

AribethAmkiir

I thought there were a couple, Koka?   We need guys though.

AmberStarfire

I'm happy to play either of my characters as bi.

Amelita

Quote from: Kokaine on March 27, 2014, 02:29:10 PM
Wouldn't mind at all if someone made a girlie that was actually into other girls... just sayin! xD

Would be awesome!

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Bloodied Porcelain

My girls are bi >.> Just... stunted in one way or another. <.<
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

RedMoon

Just so I'm clear here, are new players starting as first year students, or second year? Or is there a choice?

Follow-up question, if most of the existing players are now second years, and new players start as first years, how much interaction is there going to be there?

AmberStarfire

There's nothing to say characters have to start as first years. Of my 2 I created, 1 was a 2nd year and one was a 5th year.

There seem to be all different years among the group.

ebpohmr

You are welcome to create a character of any year. First is recommended for the fun of going through getting your first wand and the sorting, but its certainly not a requirement.

This should give you an idea of what the student body will look like when term begins, not taking the incoming first years into account (because they haven't been sorted yet).

RedMoon

Awesome! Thanks!

Also, I want you to know how difficult it is to fill out the personality section for me. When I hear "Pick X words to describe yourself", all I can think of is "Hard Working, Alpha Male, Jackhammer. Merciless. Insatiable."

Mystic Dragon

Posting interest and have the bones of a character concept(male), but need 2 things first:

Since this is adjusted for E content, should the "First Years" be as capable as the student in the series were at the end of the triwizard tournament?

2nd is, if they really are "green" I'd like to request my character having done JWA in the US and transferred due to the storms and other previously mentioned plot trouble, since this is my first Potter RP and I'm not really being able to background off of him living in the isles his whole life.

Thanks!
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

Ember Star

Quote from: Kokaine on March 27, 2014, 02:29:10 PM
Anna could be hi. I play most of my characters as bi
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

ebpohmr

Quote from: Mystic Dragon on March 28, 2014, 03:03:42 PM
Posting interest and have the bones of a character concept(male), but need 2 things first:

Welcome Mystic! I'll try to answer your questions, but I'm no expert. ;)

Since this is adjusted for E content, should the "First Years" be as capable as the student in the series were at the end of the triwizard tournament?

Short answer: no. This post lists the spells first year students learn at the Junior Wizarding Academy (JWA) before arriving at Hogwarts and as you can see, it is pretty short. This post details the information about the Ordinary Wizarding Levels (OWL's), that students take in the final year at JWA. Broadly speaking, first years (16 years old), will arrive at Hogwarts at around the same ability level as the second year students from the novels - e.g. Harry, Ron, Hermione et al at the beginning of Chamber of Secrets.

2nd is, if they really are "green" I'd like to request my character having done JWA in the US and transferred due to the storms and other previously mentioned plot trouble, since this is my first Potter RP and I'm not really being able to background off of him living in the isles his whole life.

I can't speak as to the viability of transferring - but if you have questions about life or growing up in Britain, there are plenty of people around here that are willing to provide answers or advice! ;)

Aiden

Thanks!

We use this as reference to what kids will learn during their time at Hogwarts. First year starting at 16 and working its way up. This is mostly to adhere to E age policies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=129149.msg6191150#msg6191150

Regarding your transfer- Not possible, as it conflicts with our Salem project and this game does not take inter school transfers as it just creates more trouble than it is worth.

No one is gonna give you crap for not sounding English, most of us are making it up as we go along.

Ember Star

Wait... Salem project? As in Salem Witches Institute? I've been wanting to make a SWI group for ages and ages.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Aiden

Ember Star

Quote from: Aiden on March 28, 2014, 06:41:36 PM

April 1st
omg! I'll be there! And if you need anything for it, just let me know. I'd jump at the chance to help. SWI is something I've wanted to do for like two years, at least. I've just never had the help to try and put together what seemed like a rather large project