Hunters [SoccorSara and Hairy]

Started by HairyHeretic, October 09, 2009, 12:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

Blake lay on the folded blanket, the cold of the bare concrete floor attempting to leech away what warmth it could. The small flexible camera that wormed its way through the broken wall would be invisible outside, but it let him see all around the perimeter of the target.

Evening wasn't too far off, and already the sun was little more than a glow behind the clouds to the west. He panned the camera to check on the two sentries he had spotted, and both were still half slumped where they'd been most of the day. Not a bad idea, boys. he thought. Sentries are good, but the thing is, we're too far from anywhere for those apparent bums to be just sitting there day in and day out. And why sleep outside the big old abandoned factory when you could squat in it? Yep .. good idea, sloppy implementation.

Moving slowly he reached his hand into his pocket and pulled out the last of the ration bar he'd been slowly working his way through. No one could see him behind the concrete wall, but it didn't pay to be sloppy.

So ... he thought. We've got you two, plus at least six of your buddies inside. You've got the short straw so you're playing the bum for a day or two. Figure, what, two or three leeches in there with you? Can't be more than that, or there'd be more of you. Now, Red Court or Black Court? Suppose I should plan for the worst. Figure you're Black Court, so it's headshots to make sure you go down, stay down and don't get up and start wandering around again.

He glanced at the unique looking bullpup rifle, matt black on the floor beside him, and instinctively checked his other weapons; pistols, knives and grenades. The high forehead boys had incorporated a few new tweaks into his combat loads, and he was looking forwards to see how they worked in the field.

A few more minutes. he thought. Then I can bug out and come back after dawn. They've no reason to think I'm about, so I don't want to tip them off before WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?

His thoughts slid to a halt as a new element entered the cameras field, moving deliberately towards the nest. Shit! he thought, his hand instinctively reaching for the shotgun. Shitshitshit, get the hell away you idiot. You're going to mess everything up on me. His eyes narrowed as he watched .. her? .. draw closer to his target, and his face set hard.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

SoccorSara

Sara had been watching the nest for quite some time on a hill top to the east. though not as experienced as other hunters that she had ran into in the past, she had her own style to handle things. She had two silver made katana's strapped to her back,along with a few side arms which consisted of two 9mm Beretta's,bowie knife which had been dipped in dead mans blood, publicly known to slow a vamp and make them unable to fight back.

But as she had been watching she could not take it anymore, seeing the two sentries but she did not care about the rest, all she knew was she was going to kill every last one of those blood sucking monsters and make them suffer like she had in the past.

However givin her semi short nature of 5'5 she was pretty nimble on her feet, staying low to the ground as she moved as fast as possible with the least amount of noise. But she was not all reckless having a plan of escape which she had climbed the roof some time ago having a rope on a trigger to lower with the press of a button, It was from a small remote she had made.

As she moved to the building,keeping her back to the wall, she quickly jumped out with one of her silver made katanas in hand, slicing though the first sentries like nothing. However as reckless as it was the 2ND noticed the action and went to scream to alert the others but a well placed dart to his thoart,hitting his wind pipe cause a gagging sound instead.

With the speed of light, She took both legs of each victim in the hopes of pulling them out of sight and no one seeing so she could continue her somewhat stealthy approach to destroying the nest. But... as she pulled two of the bodies she noticed a man that was higher up to the west, drawing her gun thinking he was not someone to help, also having a silencer on the weapon. She took a shot thus ducking behind the building sadly tho she missed.

Who the hell was that*she decided to pull back to the hill a bit not realizing the situation as she thought he might have also been the enemy, well looks like i got one more to take care of now don't i.

SoccorSara

( i want to make sure i didn't step on your toes there but i figured you wanted my char to make a move from your post:D so just let me know how i'm doing and what i should work on please)

HairyHeretic

((Yep, I figured you could come in from there. You might want to read my post a little more carefully. Blake is lying down behind a wall, with a small flexible camera keeping an eye on the situation. Sara wouldn't actually be able to see him from where he is. I'd envisioned it as probably a nearby abandoned building, though I should perhaps have put more description into that. It's ok though, I can work with what you have there. You might also want to use the spellchecker before hitting post :) ))

Blake swore silently as he watched the girl cutting the two sentries down. Idiot! he thought. Bloody amateur civilians. One episode of Buffy and you think you know it all. Hitting a nest this late in the day! Shit! I'll have to move now, or the leeches will scatter after they deal with her.

It took him barely 30 seconds to remove all traces of his presence from the room, the camera and blanket going into his small backpack. The shotgun he slung on a combat strap, and quickly drew silencers for both his pistols. Standing he took a quick look through what remained of one shattered window, and ducked back as the concrete about 6 inches from him shattered.

He came up from his rolling breakfall with his teeth grinding. If the leeches don't kill her, I bloody well will. Gah! Civilians! His tone made the last word an epithet, but he was already in motion, heading for the stairwell. He'd already worked out approaches, dead zones, infiltration and ex-filtration routes, and now he was having to run in like some bad action movie hero because of someone with more brains than sense. He ground his teeth, slipped the safety off his automatics and ran on, slowing as he came to the exit of the building.

Sudden movement draws the eye. Slow and sure wins. His instructors had drilled that one into him well, and it was a lesson worth remembering if you wanted to see your next mission.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

SoccorSara

I did hit the spell checker lol and i know you were behind a wall, but there is something too it,:D i just can't say it right now. So pretty much i read it fine;D i just have a secret that i will reveal in a bit.

Sara did not realize how many leeches she actually pulled in by taking care of the two she had. Not worrying about anything else now. But fighting off the 6 that were coming at her like bats out of hell.

She had put off a few rounds in the front two that enclosed on her,As the first creep got a round in the upper,right chest,Then as a few more rounds went off hitting the creature in the left arm,left shoulder and finally the head. Soon realizing her mistake she had pulled back to a smaller cabin like building, forcing her way into and through the door as she had slammed it shut, then taking a cabinet to help block the door off from them breaking in so easily.

What she did not count on however is, one climbing up the side, onto the roof and busting though a window getting her by surprise. AS she fell with the creature attempting to bite her as she fought it off by punching,kicking and trying to get the thing disoriented. Using her left hand to hold the creature as its disgusting face snarled during the attack, her right hand reaching for her knife as her finger tips just barley got it. Planting the knife into its ear enough to push it off and finish the job, however she realized she was still a bit trapped as she nervously looked around.

(thank you for the advice tho this is my first real role play like this so I'm trying to learn the ropes on how you guys like to do this stuff because right now i feel like I'm flying blind so I'm just trying to hold my own with your style)

SoccorSara

But right now like i said I'm trying to work with your style and i go by your post and try to add in stuff like how you want to be the hero so i figured you want to save me but that is when you will find out how i seen you behind a wall:D

HairyHeretic

((Not a problem. To explain a little more, leeches are what Blake terms the vampires. They should still be in their coffins. What we have as first line of defense are the Renfields .. human servants, or ghouls, that keep watch over the vampires while they're asleep.

In addition, you don't need to feel you have to copy my style. Write in the way you feel comfortable doing.))

Well, at least she's drawn them out for me. thought Blake as he darted across the compound.  One body lay cooling in the yard, blood slowly leaking from several bullet holes. The rest of the ready team were trying to smash their way into a smaller outbuilding, and Blake slowed as he got close enough to pick out details.

Shit! Blacks! he thought, as he got close enough to see the feral, almost animal like behaviour of the ghouls ahead of him. He came to a halt, raising his pistol and proceeded to calmly put one round into the head of each ghoul. The first two were down before the remainder realised they were under attack, and only the final one managed to start moving towards him.

He quickly checked for more signs of movement, but there was nothing to be seen. He moved to the ghouls and proceeded to put two more rounds into the heads of each of them where they lay on the ground. He popped the clip and replaced it with a fresh one, then took out a small mirror on an extendable rod, and used it to look through the window.

Nearby, small tendrils of smoke began to rise from the skulls of the corpses as the tiny amount of white phosphorus contained within each of his special all purpose rounds reacted violently with the tissue surrounding it.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

SoccorSara

(Oh, i see now i thought leeches was another term:D i got ya know)

*Sara had Finlay kicked off the in her eyes demonic creature, popping two rounds into its skull. As she heard other gun fire now,the ghouls had turned toward the others that were fighting.* what in the.. what are these morons doing here,making all this noise, i can handle this myself!*she said as she got a bit mad at the fact others were invading she she considered her mark.

She took a moment to checking her clip which remained enough bullets to continue before having to reload, looking to the back of the small cabin she ducked out a broken window. Running her away ac cross the top of the hill, as the attention of the ghouls and others were focused on each other. So she made her way to the main building sneaking around the side and seeing a man using a mirror to look into the window, she then sneaks up on him putting the gun to his head.

Don't move or your dead..*She paused a moment* who are you and what the *$#@ are you doing here, this is my job little boy and you have no business being here.. besides your sloppy i spotted you long ago. *she thought to herself realizing that was a mistake to say as she had a deep dark secret that no one knew about.. the secret could get every hunter after her in fact because of it, but now she is hoping he don't piece together how she knew he was behind a wall that would have been impossible to see by any normal person.

(OK i hope that is better my problem is I'm not sure what your wanting out of this so I'm just going based on what i feel is best like id didn't know if you wanted us to meet but i do have a few ideas so i hope you like the ideas i have come up with)

SoccorSara

HairyHeretic

Ok, tough is one thing, but let's look at what you've got there from a realistic writing PoV. In the time it takes Blake to empty a clip (silenced, so you wouldn't hear more than a cough, and probably not that if you're fighting at the time), Sara manages to go out through a window, around a hill and to the main building.

Now, I think we may have gotten some wires crossed here. I took it from your writing to mean that the small building was set close by the large one, within the same compound, based on what you'd written. You didn't have Sara covering much ground.

What Blake expected to see was Sara finishing off the ghoul inside, as it wouldn't have taken long for him to deal with the ones outside .... a matter of seconds really.

You might want to look a little at how you're writing there. I recognise the * marks for actions, but when writing like this you don't really need to use those. It's enough to just describe the actions, and to put speech in between speech marks. For myself, I use italics to signify thoughts, as it changes the look of the text, so makes it that bit easier to set apart.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

SoccorSara

Um i see but you got to also understand that this is the first role play like this i have done. The ones I'm used too are worked differently so I'm gonna make mistakes and not be as good as others when its my first time to do it. Thing is i don't know you so i don't really know what your after or how you do things or even like how they are done. So i'm doing my best based on what i know>>

But i was putting my post as if after yours like when you did your post this is what i did after you had allready done everything you put. So what your saying is i should have posted of what i was doing at the same time of your post?

Like trying to think how to explain it.. but when you put in a fresh clip are you saying my post should have been about during that time? because i was posting as if that time was allready passed

SoccorSara

I don't know tho maybe i should not have done this>> To be honest i feel like it is making me look really bad/stupid because most might not understand that i'm not used to this type of writting. What im used too is when someone does something then i base my post on the aftermath of the post they said.

So pretty much i'm confused and now i look a bit stupid>>

SoccorSara

Just to say it clear i was basing my post off after your actions were allready finished not during your actions. See what i'm saying? So am i supposed to base my actions off during yours like as if they are happening at the same time?

HairyHeretic

I wouldn't say you're looking stupid. You've said it yourself, you don't have much experience with this style, so I'm offering constructive criticism (I hope :) ).

Up til the present the two characters haven't met, so their actions would be occurring at roughly the same time. While Sara was wrestling with one ghoul inside the building, the others were still trying to get it, and that was where Blake found and killed them. It wouldn't have taken him more than maybe 20 or 30 seconds to move to the point he was looking in the window.

It's just a matter of syncing things up in your head, merging the two perspectives into one story, so you can post on from there.

When you post like this, there is no harm in overlapping time with the other persons. It doesn't have to continue on right from the point they left off, as that way you can put in your characters thoughts, feelings, perceptions of what has happened as well.

Writing a story with someone you've never written with before can be tricky. There's always going to be some degree of adjusting things, and talking through stuff like this helps build a better story. Generally it would be done separate from the story thread, but since this is all we presently have to work with, I'm putting it here.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

SoccorSara

Well no i know you are trying to help, i did not realize tho ti was supposed to happen at the same time like that because what I'm used too would go right after the post so i can try to do that better then. What i am worried about tho is just looking bad and then not being accepted>< as you can see why that would be a worry.

If i don't do well then they might not think i am good and so on and so forth so that is one thing that is bothering me. But now that you told me they are supposed to sorta work together, i should be able to work it in more. so now what? want me to repost? or should we continue from my last post? and thank you for being patient i just when i would do my role plays they were turn based so that is a big reason this is throwing me off.

HairyHeretic

There are any number of different styles of roleplay, and no 'one right way' of doing things. If the two people writing, or more in the case of a group game, are happy with the format, then it's right :)

You could have your post overlap mine, or continue on from after. Either option is perfectly fine. I would say worry less about how others are viewing what you're posting, and simply enjoy writing it as much as you can.

Now, going back to my earlier realism point, in the short time Sara had, shes unlikely to be able to run far. Going out another window and circling around the hut would be doable, since there's a lot less distance to cover in that.

Would you prefer to rework your last post, or have me continue on from where you previously left off?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

SoccorSara

Well yea i know what you mean but i do worry because i do want to join so of course it will be a concern regardless, but um well how i was viewing it was the building i was in was not very far off from you that is why i did that like i pictured you as right down the hill from me. So that is why i put it like that but ill change a bit how i am posting and see if it works better.

Um could we continue? i sorta wanted to interact with you, that was the main reason i did that. I like to interact with the other person alot its more of my way to do it so if you are OK with that then i would like to start interacting.

If not then i could rework the post and make it so i did not go as far so I'm willing to bend a bit. But in asking what i perfer then it is to interact.

HairyHeretic

That's fine, we can keep going from where we were.

I just need to go AFK for about a half hour now, and will post after I'm finished.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

SoccorSara

Not a problem i just hope you aren't getting bored with me..I do have a few surprises tho for this as i have been putting thought into this for you. So please don't think I'm not trying because i am. I just well i am nervous because of the fact, i do want to join the site but i mean it is a role play site after all so Hopfully i can get my act together on it. But when your back let me know, I'm gonna think of more stuff because i have a few things for this i really want to do but will have to wait until after the battle.

Its more focused on i want a scene where me and you talk things out and that is when certain things could come out, then i was thinking you could show a moment of the fact i can trust you to which makes me tell the secret of mine. So that is just part of one idea i have.

SoccorSara

I do want to tell you, i am having fun and i will get better as we go so thank you for being patient about it. I just need time to adjust like you said to the way this works.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

SoccorSara

I am relaxed... why do people always assume I'm not lol? I'm fine just was saying i was thankful that's all. You just don't know me too well, i like to complement people and make them feel good and so did that not make you feel good?

See it worked lol but please stop worrying i don't get excited over minor things i just like putting thought into stuff is all and emotion of thought:D

HairyHeretic

You do come across as rather hyper :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

Blake took note of the dead ghoul on the floor, turning the mirror slightly to try and get an angle on it's victim. The scuff of a shoe alerted him to the fact someone was there just as he felt the barrel of the gun touch him.

Idiot. he thought, but whether he was referring to himself or her was open to debate. "Get that out of my face." he replied, turning his head slowly towards her. "There's trouble enough here to go around without you looking for more." His eyes flicked towards the bodies on the ground.

"In case you hadn't realised, it's getting dark, and thanks to your sloppy entrance the element of surprise is now gone, which means I have to do things the hard way. I've had this place under recon for days. There are at least five more Renfields in there. If they have ghoul packs too, then this nest is a hell of a lot bigger than it looked. And in case you're not familiar with the ghouls, that means Black Court, so we could have necromancers in there. How are you for taking on a few dozen more ghouls, Renfields with firearms and some black magic too?"

"Now, I could have let you just waltz on in there. You'd be dead, but you might have taken out a handfull of expendables before you did. You'd also have let them know someone was on to them. If they figured it was an amateur like you they might not have been too concerned, but I didn't want to give them time to move if I was wrong."

"Now, you have a few options. One, you go on in there on your own. Feel free, I'll follow you in and take over when you die. Two, you get the hell out of here and let a professional deal with the situation. Three, you come with me, and you do every last goddamn thing you're told to."

He fixed her with a glare, apparently unconcerned by the gun at his head.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

SoccorSara

Ya i know i do, but i promise I'm not. Actually I'm pretty calm lol i just have a lot to say and i like to complement.I will post shortly after my dinner.