Camp Half-Blood (Started; seeking more players!)

Started by Ariel, June 23, 2014, 03:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel

Hi, all! Now, I know we have a Camp Jupiter group, but a) it hasn't been active in a long time, b) two different camps, c) I prefer Camp Half-Blood and d) who doesn't adore the original? Therefore, I've decided to try my hand at running my second group game, Camp Half-Blood! (copyrights belong to Rick Riordan)

OOC
0. The Guide & Index
I. Interest Check
II. OOC Character Sheets
III. OOC Chatterbox
IV. Signatures + Avatar Roster

IC
V. Around The Camp
VI. The Pavilion
VII. The Cabins
VIII. The Big House and The Infirmary
IX. The Camp Border/Outskirts
X. The North Woods
XI. Private Affairs
XII. The Forge
XIII. Canoe Lake
XIV. Camp Activities

Basic Game Information:
  • The game genre of this roleplay will be Light. It was a tossup between Non-Adult and Light, so I went with Light. You can haz your smut, but since I can't picture rape happening at Camp Half-Blood, bondage and non-con were out.
  • All characters must be between the ages of sixteen (16) to twenty-four (24). This is mainly towards students. If you'd like an older character, it must be apart of the faculty staff and you must PM me for permission and approval.
  • Any character below the age of sixteen (16) is a NPC. You may not use them for any sort of romantic or sexual activities. They are to be used in the bare minimum. No exceptions.
  • There may never be more than two children of the Big Three (Zeus, Hades, Poseidon)
  • Only two characters are allowed per person, until I can see that you're able to balance both and are dedicated. Two children of the same god(dess) are not allowed.
  • Quests have to be run by me for approval.
  • At this moment, no Roman demigods are allowed.
  • Please respect all players. Read and abide by their O/Os. Do not godmod or attempt to control another character. If you are requested to alter your post, do so immediately.
  • I am the law. These are my rules and you will abide by both my rules and Elliquiy's rules. I reserve the right to reject profiles, kick those who cannot play nice out and generally request you change something if it's needed.
  • Only one head counselor is allowed per player.

The Plot:
This roleplay will follow the series and is set after the Titan War. The camp is in shambles and your character is either one of the survivors of the war or a newly-claimed demigod, as per Percy's agreement with the gods. At this moment in time, I would like steer away from the Heroes of Olympus plotline, so your character(s) know about the Roman demigod camp in San Francisco but they don't know of Hera/Juno's plan (switching Jason and Percy). All they know is Percy is missing and some random demigod shows up with no memory of his past.

We will began with the aftermath of the War, with your character(s) working on rebuilding Olympus and Calm Half-Blood. The camp is in ruins: cabins have been destroyed, the Great Hall was set on fire, the grass has been burned away. Using your diverse demigod abilities, you and your campmates will repair cabins, build new ones for the minor gods, help welcome new demigods to the camp and overall work at setting the camp back to normal.

This should take no longer than a month. Once done, we will resume regular scheduled camp activities and perhaps organize a quest or two... we shall see how far we get. This will be set post-Titan War and, at this moment, will not follow the plotline of Heroes of Olympus.

Camp Information:
Cabin Roster

Zeus
No spots available
Dorian King
Dimitri Demopoulos

Hera
This cabin is unavailable

Poseidon
No spots available
Raleigh McCord
Tempest Stuart

Demeter
Head Counselor: Justine
3/10 spots available
Justine Cornett
Mariam Avery
Rina Aoki

Ares
Head Counselor: Ezra
5/10 spots available
Ezra Vanauatu
Halisi Owiti Johnson
Lea Valentine
Marcus Patton
Zahara

Athena
Head Counselor: Kat
3/10 spots available
Duke Parker
Katrina Woodely
Jean Serrano

Apollo
Head Counselor:
3/10 spots available
Lux Delos
Mari Conners
Robin Parker

Artemis
0/5 spots available

Hephaestus
Head Counselor: Vincent
3/10 spots available
Remi Kattalakis
Vera Maxwell
Vincent Guerrero

Aphrodite
Head Counselor:
4/10 spots available
Abigail Statham
Evangeline Carmichael
Mercedes Dumare
Raegen Connolly

Dionysus
Head Counselor:
3/10 spots available
Belladonna Devanagari
Chester Throne
Veleriya Devangari

Minor God Cabins
Currently being built; available after 1000 IC posts

Hades*
Iris
Hecate
Morpheus
Hypnos
Nemesis
Nike
Hebe
Tyche
*= Hades is not a minor god but he was never
allowed a cabin at Camp Half-Blood until currently.
No children of Hades are allowed at this time.

More minor gods will be available upon request after we reach 1000 IC posts.

Camp Maps

Camp Schedule
At Camp Half-Blood, your main goal is to survive. Being a demigod, you attract quite a lot of monsters! You need to learn how to train and hone your body. Since Camp Half-Blood is a camp, there are plenty of activities to keep you busy and on your toes. You can guarantee you'll be dead asleep before your head hits the pillow.

Activities include:

• Archery: taught by NPC Chiron
  • Sword & Shield: taught by NPC Clarisse
  • Winged Horseback Riding: taught by NPC Derek
  • Canoe Riding: taught by NPC Serena
  • Rock Climbing: taught by NPC Chris
  • Swimming: taught by NPC Serena
  • Various Sports/Arts & Crafts supervised by NPC Sam
  • Capture The Flag+: cabins split into two teams, armor is required; supervised by NPC Chiron
  • Monster Assault Techniques: armor is required; taught/supervised by NPC Chris
  • Guard Duty/Boarder Patrol*: armor is required; be wary of Peleus
  • Peleus/Pegasus Care*: feed/water/groom Peleus the Dragon and Pegasus; stable clean up
  • Cabin Inspection*: Currently run by the ___ cabin

*= will be assigned per cabin per week
+= will be issued biweekly

If you have any activity suggestions, please don't hesitate to PM me

Typical Schedule:
Annabeth Chase; Cabin #6

7:30 a.m.: Wake-up Bell
7:30 - 9:00 a.m.: Breakfast + Cabin Cleanup
9:10 - 10:30 a.m.:
10:40 - 12:00 p.m.:
12:00 - 1:30 p.m. Lunch
1:40 - 3:00 p.m.:
3:10 - 4:20 p.m.:
4:30 - 6:00 p.m.: Free time
6:00 - 7:20 p.m.: Dinner
7:30 - 8:30 p.m.: Campfire
8:40 - 10:30 p.m.: Free time + get ready for bed
10:45 p.m. Lights out
Anyone caught out of bed after lights out will be eaten by harpies

Fill in the blanks for your profile.

[b]Name here[/b] - Cabin #??

[u]7:30 a.m.:[/u] Wake-up Bell
[u]7:30 - 9:00 a.m.:[/u] Breakfast + Cabin Clean-up
[u]9:10 - 10:30 a.m.:[/u]
[u]10:40 - 12:00 p.m.:[/u]
[u]12:00 - 1:30 p.m.[/u] Lunch
[u]1:40 - 3:00 p.m.:[/u]
[u]3:10 - 4:20 p.m.:[/u]
[u]4:30 - 6:00 p.m.:[/u] Free time
[u]6:00 - 7:20 p.m.:[/u] Dinner
[u]7:30 - 8:30 p.m.:[/u] Campfire
[u]8:40 - 10:30 p.m.:[/u] Free time + get ready for bed
[u]10:45 p.m.[/u] Lights out

Characters:
To be approved, you need to PM your character sheet to your GM (Ariel). Once approved, you'll post it here.

Available races are: demigods, satyrs, centaurs, nymphs, nereids, mythical monsters (better use Google!), Hunters of Artemis, etc. If you have a question, PM me.

Player Roster

PCs
Currently, all players in the game.

NPCs
Currently, all canon characters.

Character Stats
Stats are basically your character's level of ability, with 0 being the weakest and 10 being the strongest. If you need it, use this chart:

Note: No one should go above 8.

0   Nonexistent
1   Pathetic
2   Weak
3   A for Effort
4   Good
5   Better
6   Great
7   Wow!
8   Amazing
9   Best of the best
10   Mini-Titan?

Submission Sheet

Please PM it to me for approval before posting it here Please remove all parenthesis.

Basic Information:
Name:
Race:
Nationality:
Heritage (Mortal and godly parent; please see the Cabin Rooster for available godly descent)
Claimed? (Yes/no; has your godly parent 'fessed up to you being their child?)

Physical Information:
Hair color:
Eye color:
Ethnicity:
Weight:
General Appearance: (Clothing style/preference, tattoos, piercings, etc.)

General Information:
Orientation:
On/ Offs (link)
Goals:
Personality: (1-5 traits please)

School Information:
Education: (list most recent schools and most recent grade level)
Schedule: (see code for "Typical Schedule"; place in spoiler)

Stats: (please see the stats spoiler)
Fighting - xx | Brains - xx | Agility - xx | Intuition - xx | Strength - xx | Endurance - xx

Skills: (Skills are what your character is best at. Ex.: Athena demigod is intelligent. 1-3 skills only)
SkillName:
SkillName1:

Strengths: (List your character's strengths. Ex.: Aphrodite demigod is a developing charmspeaker. 1-3 strengths only)
StrengthName
StrengthName1

Weakness: (List your character's weaknesses. Ex.: Poseidon demigod is weak around an open flame. 1-3 weaknesses only)
WeaknessName
WeaknessName1

History:

Other notes:
Allergies:
Full-time or part-time camper? (Full-time is year-round, part-time is summer only)

[/td][/tr][/table][float=right][img]http://ap.osu.edu/FileStore/Images/profiles/profile_blank.jpg[/img][/float]

[b][u]Basic Information:[/u][/b]
[i]Name:[/i]
[i]Age:[/i] (16-24)
[i]Nationality:[/i]
[i]Race:[/i]
[i]Heritage[/i] (Mortal and godly parent; please see the Cabin Rooster for available godly descent)
[i]Claimed?[/i] (Yes/no; has your godly parent 'fessed up to you being their child?)

[b][u]Physical Information:[/u][/b]
[i]Hair color:[/i]
[i]Eye color:[/i]
[i]Ethnicity:[/i]
[i]Gender:[/i]
[i]Height:[/i]
[i]Weight:[/i]
[i]General Appearance:[/i] (Clothing style/preference, tattoos, piercings, etc.)

[b][u]General Information:[/u][/b]
[i]Orientation:[/i]
[i]On/ Offs[/i] (link)
[i]Goals:[/i]
[i]Personality:[/i] (1-5 traits please)

[b][u]School Information:[/u][/b]
[i]Education:[/i] (list most recent schools and most recent grade level)
[i]Schedule:[/i] (see code for "Typical Schedule"; place in spoiler)

[b][u]Stats:[/u][/b] (please see the stats spoiler)
[color=darkslategrey]Fighting[/color] - xx | [color=darkslategrey]Brains[/color] - xx | [color=darkslategrey]Agility[/color] - xx | [color=darkslategrey]Intuition[/color] - xx | [color=darkslategrey]Strength[/color] - xx | [color=darkslategrey]Endurance[/color] - xx

[b][u]Skills:[/u][/b] (Skills are what your character is best at. Ex.: Athena demigod is intelligent. 1-3 skills only)
[i]SkillName:[/i]
[i]SkillName1:[/i]

[b][u]Strengths:[/u][/b] (List your character's strengths. Ex.: Aphrodite demigod is a developing charmspeaker. 1-3 strengths only)
[i]StrengthName[/i]
[i]StrengthName1[/i]

[b][u]Weakness:[/u][/b] (List your character's weaknesses. Ex.: Poseidon demigod is weak around an open flame. 1-3 weaknesses only)
[i]WeaknessName[/i]
[i]WeaknessName1[/i]

[b][u]History:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Other notes:[/u][/b]
[i]Allergies:[/i]
[i]Full-time or part-time camper?[/i] (Full-time is year-round, part-time is summer only)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

azzmeister89

Sounds like fun. I have a few ideas for some characters and wanted to check with you first.

1. My character is a child or Artimis. The story would be that many years ago Aphrodite played a prank on her to make her fall for a human hunter (true story in greek myth) and this resulted in a child being born before his death (not part of the myth) because the child was not born a girl Artimis had him hidden away somewhere similar to calypso's island so that he aged slowly and only now has allowed him to show himself because of the situation.

2. He is a child of pan. He will be human but possess many abilities of satres. His powers wont be great but they will allow him to have some level of control over anything that can be considered wild.

3. He is what is known as a Demi-Titan. The son of Typhon the storm god who almost destroyed the gods when Chronos was fighting percy jackson. This characters power would only allow him to command the wind and monsters would not attack him. He wont know who his father is and it may allow him to become a sort of enemy character later.

Bibliophilia

I would be very interested in being involved in this.  I haven't read the entire Percy Jackson series, however.  I've read the first three, though, and I'm well-versed in Greek and Roman mythology, so I believe I will be able to keep up.

Is Demeter one of the pantheon that has children in Camp Half-Blood?  I can't recall her being mentioned in any of the material I read, or the movies I saw, but then only a few were mentioned, if I am remembering correctly.

azzmeister89

Demeter is mentioned in the percy jackson series. Her children have control over plant life it seems and as she is one of Zeus's sisters she is a member of the Pantheon of gods.

Bibliophilia

Yeah, I knew she was one of the main 12, but I wasn't sure if she was part of the series.  I'll have to do a little research on the series to figure out what powers each of the gods convey onto their children.

Aiden

I have a character (in other games of E), son of Hephaestus who I would like to remake for this, or maybe a son of Ares.

Interest posted!

Juggtacular

I'd like to make a son of the original and biggest  manwhore in history. Zeus.

Ariel

Quote from: azzmeister89 on June 23, 2014, 04:40:32 AM
Sounds like fun. I have a few ideas for some characters and wanted to check with you first.

1. My character is a child or Artimis. The story would be that many years ago Aphrodite played a prank on her to make her fall for a human hunter (true story in greek myth) and this resulted in a child being born before his death (not part of the myth) because the child was not born a girl Artimis had him hidden away somewhere similar to calypso's island so that he aged slowly and only now has allowed him to show himself because of the situation.

2. He is a child of pan. He will be human but possess many abilities of satres. His powers wont be great but they will allow him to have some level of control over anything that can be considered wild.

3. He is what is known as a Demi-Titan. The son of Typhon the storm god who almost destroyed the gods when Chronos was fighting percy jackson. This characters power would only allow him to command the wind and monsters would not attack him. He wont know who his father is and it may allow him to become a sort of enemy character later.

I would be most comfortable with #2. As per the books, Artemis is one of the three maidens. I wouldn't mind if you created a Hunter, but just know that it must be a female, as Artemis despises males. As for #3, I feel that not only is that too much of a power character, but it will conflict with the plot. This is post-Titan War, so you can bet no Titans will be welcome in Camp Half-Blood.

However, I fully support centaurs, satyrs, nereids, nymphs, etc.! I'll be adding that to the camp rooster, so don't you worry. :-)

Quote from: Bibliophilia on June 23, 2014, 06:38:02 AM
I would be very interested in being involved in this.  I haven't read the entire Percy Jackson series, however.  I've read the first three, though, and I'm well-versed in Greek and Roman mythology, so I believe I will be able to keep up.

Is Demeter one of the pantheon that has children in Camp Half-Blood?  I can't recall her being mentioned in any of the material I read, or the movies I saw, but then only a few were mentioned, if I am remembering correctly.

Welcome to Spoiler Land! Since this is set after the last book of the PJATO series, you can expect a lot of things to be ruined for you. I hope you don't mind. I also suggest you FINISH THE BOOKS! They're so good!

And yes, Demeter does have children, so you're totally free to make a demigod.

Quote from: Aiden on June 23, 2014, 11:45:48 AM
I have a character (in other games of E), son of Hephaestus who I would like to remake for this, or maybe a son of Ares.

Interest posted!

Ahhh! I haven't seen YOU around in forever. ♥ welcome aboard.

Quote from: Juggtacular on June 23, 2014, 03:04:37 PM
I'd like to make a son of the original and biggest  manwhore in history. Zeus.

Go for it. I warn you, I'm a bit picky about the Big Three demigods, so no super powerful abilities or anything. c:

Working on everything, starting now.
Not accepting new RPs

Ariel

Majorly updated! The main post now has all the cabin information, cabin slots, player slots, character information and the character sheet! You may start submitting profiles via PM now.  ;D
Not accepting new RPs

Bibliophilia

On the character sheet, where you have us list the skills, strengths and weaknesses, what is it you want after the name of the skill?  There's a colon there like you want us to rate it or describe it, but you don't really indicate what you're looking for there.

Ariel

Quote from: Bibliophilia on June 23, 2014, 07:57:52 PM
On the character sheet, where you have us list the skills, strengths and weaknesses, what is it you want after the name of the skill?  There's a colon there like you want us to rate it or describe it, but you don't really indicate what you're looking for there.

Just the basic name for it. For strengths, perhaps you're a smooth-talker, so you'd put smooth-talker, then explain it further. For weaknesses, if your character is afraid of clowns, you could name it either coulrophobia or [/i]fear of clowns[/i] then explain it. Make sense? :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Bibliophilia

Ariel

Yay for our first submitted character!

*works on creating an index/glossary for all things Camp Half-Blood*
Not accepting new RPs

Juggtacular

Question, where and how would we list powers? Like Percy's water healing? Would that be under skills? Or what?

Bibliophilia

I put mine under strengths.  Skills I used for more mundane skills.

Ariel

Quote from: Juggtacular on June 23, 2014, 08:56:14 PM
Question, where and how would we list powers? Like Percy's water healing? Would that be under skills? Or what?

Yes, it would be under strengths! :-)

Quote from: Bibliophilia on June 23, 2014, 08:57:19 PM
I put mine under strengths.  Skills I used for more mundane skills.

^ exactly! Thanks, Bi!

* Ariel adds index to main post of all threads and adds the option for head counselors *
Not accepting new RPs

Juggtacular

Thanks! Should have my submission in later tonight or early tomorrow.

Gidia

Hmm, I'm fairly interested in this, but I admit to knowing next to nothing about the series, beyond what I've seen in the first movie. I'm willing to read the wiki or the like, but have way too much to read as is to be able to read the actual books. If that's not an issue, I'd be up for playing a son or daughter of Ares. :)

Ariel

Quote from: Gidia on June 23, 2014, 11:40:39 PM
Hmm, I'm fairly interested in this, but I admit to knowing next to nothing about the series, beyond what I've seen in the first movie. I'm willing to read the wiki or the like, but have way too much to read as is to be able to read the actual books. If that's not an issue, I'd be up for playing a son or daughter of Ares. :)

You poor thing. oh my goodness, you must read the books! Trust me, the movie sucked. It was nothing like the book and even though I haven't seen the second, I know they messed that up too.

But it isn't a problem if you don't mind spoilers. You can totally join!
Not accepting new RPs

Gidia

Quote from: Ariel on June 23, 2014, 11:58:02 PM
You poor thing. oh my goodness, you must read the books! Trust me, the movie sucked. It was nothing like the book and even though I haven't seen the sepnd, I know they messed that up too.

But it isn't a problem if you don't mind spoilers. You can totally join!
I'll try to. But I've got to finish 1453, along with several books from the Legend of Drizzt first. :P But it'll definitely be on my list!

Excellent, I'll get to work on my character once I'm on my desktop! Is there anything vital I should know? You can message me, to avoid clutter here if you like. ^^

Ariel

Quote from: Gidia on June 24, 2014, 12:05:24 AM
I'll try to. But I've got to finish 1453, along with several books from the Legend of Drizzt first. :P But it'll definitely be on my list!

Excellent, I'll get to work on my character once I'm on my desktop! Is there anything vital I should know? You can message me, to avoid clutter here if you like. ^^

Since this is set after the second book, I suggest you read up on wikipedias for Percy Jackson and the Olympians! Otherwise, you're going to be very lost when we're mentioning names, events, etc.
Not accepting new RPs

Gidia

Quote from: Ariel on June 24, 2014, 12:12:28 AM
Since this is set after the second book, I suggest you read up on wikipedias for Percy Jackson and the Olympians! Otherwise, you're going to be very lost when we're mentioning names, events, etc.
Alrighty, can do!

The Golden Touch

Hmmm.... -checks just interested for now- Have to have a discussion, mostly with myself, about a character. ^^

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Ariel

It would be a pleasure to have you on board, TGT! :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Aiden

Meet Vincent Guerrero, Cabin leader and son of Hephaestus. Also one of the camp councilors. He is looking for siblings, acquaintances and maybe a summer fling or two.