The new Rebellion (Star Wars Saga Edition, alt-timeline, EX/NC)

Started by Maegan, January 30, 2011, 03:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maegan

I don't have much experience with systems, and have never run a Saga edition game before, so anyone who joins will need to be patient.  This game is intended to take place in an alternate time line to the Star Wars story. 

The Millennium Falcon is shot down as it departs Tatooine with Han Solo, Chewbacca, Luke Skywalker, and Obi Wan Kenobi onboard.  Princess Leia remains in the Empire's tender care, and eventually gives up the location of the Rebellion's base on Yavin 4.  The base is destroyed by the Death Star, wiping out the core of the Rebellion.

It has been five years since the destruction of Yavin 4, and the Empire's hold on the galaxy has only increased.  But, on the crime ridden moon of Nar Shaddaa, a new rebellion is about to form.

--

The initial plotline would focus on trying to rescue Princess Leia from a prison on Coruscant.  Characters could be heroic, or hired by a Hutt who has for unknown reasons taken an interest in freeing Leia.

-Characters would start at 1st level.
-Ability scores would be determined by planned generation, 32 points.
-Jedi are allowed, but need a good explanation for their existence.
-I'm only allowing the core rulebook and starships of the galaxy for initial character creation, however I may allow species from other books on a case by case basis. 
-I'm looking for 4-6 players.  I also wouldn't mind finding someone to take the role of a re-occurring villain and/or multiple villains and to act as a bit of a co-GM, as I wouldn't mind including a minor (protagonist) character of my own. 

-The game will be classified as extreme, though even non-con content may be rare.  The frequency of any sexual or adult content would largely depend on character actions and rolls. 

Funguy81

I love this idea!!  i want to come in on this group, i can make a falleen soldier if you would allow me to use the falleen species, and if not...i would make a human soldier or scout. How often do you want posts to come in? i'm sure i can put in at least one a day.

Muse

Oh, wow!  What an awesome concept!  May I play, please? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Maegan

Just let me know the type and class of character you want to play.  Are they a heroic person out to make the galaxy a better place?  A criminal for whom it is just a job?  Someone who wants revenge on the Empire?  Someone who hates the new order the Empire has imposed?  And so on.

Funguy81

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=271722

My character doesn't care much for the state of the galaxy when it comes to the empire, but he knows that jobs against the empire usually pay more because of the higher risk. He would take the job and what ever rewards he can get from it.

If you dont like the idea of me playing a Falleen species (the race is in the Scum and Villainy book) i'll switch him to human and rework the stats. I didnt use anything else from the book other than just the race.

Kate

i wouldnt mind co-gm'ing this one, as long as i can be very extreme (players must be cool that bad things happen to their character - eg ex - rape etc)...

Maegan

I don't have a problem with the Falleen, and will glance at your character sheet later today.

--

Part of the reason I classified the game as extreme is because I wanted the possibility of bad things happening to characters.  Though it may or may not be a regular occurrence. 

Funguy81

Keelan

Quote from: Maegan on January 31, 2011, 08:54:56 AM
I don't have a problem with the Falleen, and will glance at your character sheet later today.

--

Part of the reason I classified the game as extreme is because I wanted the possibility of bad things happening to characters.  Though it may or may not be a regular occurrence.
I may be interested... but my question is how bad will things get?  You say EX, but just how bad could it be as an example?  Mind you when it comes to any sort of NC it tends to be rather hit/miss when I'm on the unwilling recipient's end...

Maegan

It is hard to say.  At the very least non-consensual would probably be involved, bondage and pain maybe.  Alien partners. 

I will admit some of the inspiration was the scene with Princess Leia on the Death Star or in Jabba's Palace.  Bastila Shan in Knights of the Old Republic.  That sort of stuff.  Though what happens would depend on your character and his or her actions. 

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Maegan

I might lower it to non-consensual exotic, though admittedly 'gore' makes me nervous.  I guess it depends how detailed the situations are if someone gets in a nasty fight?  Hmm.

Dodge

I'd love to play in this game. I'll get a character sheet for you today or tomorrow.

Raveled

I'm tentatively interested in this. Thinking of a free-spirited smuggler/pilot type, the sort of person in for it more for the ride and the excitement, not necessarily for any lofty goals. Does that sound workable?
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Maegan

A free-spirit sounds fine, and I'm curious how the character would turn out.  :-)

Raveled

How do you intend to handle starting credits? Random generation, as per core? If so, is there a preferred dice roller?
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Maegan

Everyone can take the max credits possible for their class.

Dodge