Looking for German roleplayers.

Started by Joanne87, October 05, 2012, 06:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanne87

Hallo erstmal,

nachdem ich nun schon etwas länger hier dabei bin (wenn auch in den letzten Monatenk kaum aktiv), habe ich mir gedacht es wäre doch mal interessant zu wissen ob und wieviele andere deutsche (sagen wir deutschsprachige) sich hier noch so tummeln. Hätte wohl auch Lust mal auf deutsch zu spielen... sofern das gestattet ist (weiß da einer was ?).

Vllt. ergibt sich ja die ein oder andere nette Bekanntschaft.

LG

EDIT:

After staying on this forum for a longer time, I want to ask if there are users around who are interested in roleplayin written in german language. Everybody is welcome so it is not necessary to be a native speaker or so. Maybe someone just want to improve his or her german as well as other do so with English. I have no plot in mind already, I am just checking the options.

Best wishes   
"Wenn du dich mit dem Teufel einlässt verändert sich nicht der Teufel, der Teufel verändert dich."

Nico

Hello there! ~waves~

Yes, it is okay to make a role play thread written in German. I think, there are several german speaking writers on here.

Avis habilis

I'm afraid it isn't, as it happens. I can't find where it's written down right now, but all roleplays have to be conducted in English so we can be sure they don't violate content rules.

There are a bunch of German speakers around, though, I think.

Nico

But I have seen German role plays on here. ~nodnod~

Avis habilis

Huh. That's news to me. Maybe that's changed recently then.

Nico

I remember, because when I saw it, I asked someone (not sure who it was) if it's okay to write in another language than english. And I was told it's fine.

If there was a change in policy, I'm sorry I didn't get it. But, since we're at it - if someone wants to write in German, I am more than willing to keep an eye on it.

Avis habilis

Well now I'm all foggy.  Pretend I didn't say anything until I find out whether I was just blowing smoke.

Nico

Avis habilis

OK, my mistake. Turns out other languages are allowed, so go on & get all Goethe with your bad selves.

Caitlin

Well, the general rules state explicitedly that this is an English forum. Though Nicholas knows German, what if people want to roleplay in Dutch, Finnish, Russian, Japanese, or some other exotic language? Maybe Vekseid or one of the other gods/ godesses can explicitedly state in the rules what's fine or not fine?

Personally, I'm confused because I was under the impression that it's English only, but at the same time I also know it's not my place to discuss things like this in public, so consider this my first and last reply on the matter. :-)

Avis habilis

So. Here's the backstage consensus: other languages OK, but provide an English language translation of the request, & don't use other languages to be a jerk & shut people out of a conversation.

(I'm not suggesting Joanne was doing any such thing, by the way. Just wanted to make sure everybody kept that in mind.)

Caitlin

Thank you for the clarification! :D

tozhma

This was cool to read actually. It's an interesting problem to consider. I'd feel kind of odd if we somehow didn't allow other languages. I think the request thing is a good policy.