Star Wars: A New World [OOC]

Started by Josietta, May 04, 2013, 09:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josietta

All chatter goes here, even ghosts the ghosts...

just remember no talk of actual game content -- lets keep that to the Game thread and the PMs.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

LunarSage

*snogs Josi*

Fair warning... I have no idea what I'm doing in this sort of game.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Josietta

I will send out roles to everyone once we have our limit. So Monday afternoon I should be doing that. Once you receive your role you go from there.  People typically try to form alliances by PMing each other and trying to figure out who is who. If you are a Sith you will know ahead of time who the other Sith are. If you are Jedi you won't know who anyone is and that is where your investigating skills must come into play. PMing and alliance forming is encouraged. If you turn out to be a Sith lots of lies and deceit will be abound and flowing between the good and bad sides.  If that gives you an idea.

You aren't required to write big roleplay posts, a simple one or two sentence reply is all we need. Just as long as you have your suspicions bolded for the Trials. Otherwise nothing else is needed. The roleplay parts are for flavor text and just fun. So if you get busy and can't write out anything more than your vote then thats okay.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Beguile's Mistress

Josietta

Awesome!! <3    *noms the cheddars*

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

Are we voting now? I just want to make sure before I make a fool of myself. lol
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Josietta

I am waiting til we have 12 people and then we'll start the vote :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

OK, gotcha. Glad I didn't make a fool of myself.

...Yet. :P
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Josietta

All special roles have been PM'd. If you did not receive one then you are a Padiwan. Your only goal is to ferret out the Sith and put them on trial. Be careful of who you trust and who you decide to put on trial. It could be one of your own.

You all may now vote on your Jedi Master. This person will act as a tie breaker on all trials. You have 48 hours to vote in your Jedi Master.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Josietta

Specific directions on what the next actions will be is listed on the Day One Thread.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Josietta

Time to vote in the Jedi Master. Everyone get your votes in! Lunar got it started.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Ryven

Silver

Quote from: Remiel on May 08, 2013, 03:33:28 PM
Why not?   >:(

because they are just too darn cute! that's why; cuteness overload..
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Ryven

Quote from: Remiel on May 08, 2013, 03:33:28 PM
Why not?   >:(

They don't strike me as the kind that would be able to suppress their emotions and passion. ::)

LunarSage

I did it all for the wookie...

the wookie...

Ryven

LunarSage

..and stick it in your 'raaaaaaaargh!'

Stick it in your 'raaaaaaaargh!'

Stick it in your 'raaaaaaaargh!'

Remiel

Quote from: Ryven on May 08, 2013, 03:44:51 PM
They don't strike me as the kind that would be able to suppress their emotions and passion. ::)

This Wookie is very serene.  He's like, groovy, man.

Silver

People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Ryven

Quote from: Remiel on May 08, 2013, 03:52:04 PM
This Wookie is very serene.  He's like, groovy, man.

Does he also smell like sandalwood and patchouli?

Aiden

Silver

Quote from: Ryven on May 08, 2013, 03:53:48 PM
Does he also smell like sandalwood and patchouli?

Wouldn't it be Sandalwood and Jasmine?

persephone325

* persephone325 can't form coherent sentences because of Ryven's avatar...

lol
I don't know.

Josietta

He certainly is yummy to look at! :D

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

Oh wow! Votes for me?! *is flattered*

Now... I wonder who I should vote for... Hmm...
I don't know.

Ryven

persephone325

I don't know.

Ryven

persephone325

I don't know.

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

I don't know.

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

Quote from: Josietta on May 09, 2013, 12:01:09 AM
yes of course! :)

*squee* Yay! But, you can have him first. I'll wait patiently, like a good girl. lol
I don't know.

Kythia

Sorry sorry sorry.  But you'll be overjoyed to know that I've checked with internationally recognised feces-combinologists and my shit is officially together.  Post any moment now. 

Josietta

* Josietta chuckles and offers Kyth something nice to drink.

Its quite alright darling.. we are patient people. ;)

You're not the only one we are waiting on at any rate. I'm not too pushy with posts but I would like to at least get the Jedi Master voted up by the weekend and then we can do a vote to put someone on trial before Night stuff comes.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Kye

Quote from: Josietta on May 09, 2013, 09:25:23 PM
* Josietta chuckles and offers Kyth something nice to drink.
You're not the only one we are waiting on at any rate. I'm not too pushy with posts but I would like to at least get the Jedi Master voted up by the weekend and then we can do a vote to put someone on trial before Night stuff comes.

>.>

<.<

O:)

Josietta

GM NOTE:
So I know some of us get pretty busy with things and can forget to check in on these little fun games. I wanted to offer up to you all, as I have to others, a spot on a reminder list. If you want a reminder PM to put in your vote I would send those out after about 2 days of voting have past (I look to leave voting open for about 4-5 days upwards to a week if needed). That way if you have gotten busy or things got hectic and you popped in to see but didn't have time to vote and forgot about it, it could be a good way to jog your memory and help us all out in the long run. This is only a suggestion and offer to those who would like to do so. Please let me know either here or by PM and I will add you to the list! :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Beguile's Mistress

I'm all for this if you would please.  I'm a scatterbrain these days and you are such a help.

Ryven

Add me to that list, please. :)

Silver

Go right ahead, have work from hell this week.

persephone325

Please add me to that list as well. :-)
I don't know.

Kye

Add me to the list as well.  ;D

persephone325

When does this round of voting end?
I don't know.

Josietta

Sunday Night at Midnight I am hoping. I sent out reminder PMs. ;)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Josietta

I sent out a second reminder to the two who have not voted yet. I will be closing up the voting Sunday May 19th (tomorrow) at midnight EST.  If those votes have not be put forth by then we will have to skip them and continue on.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Josietta

This was supposed to be closing on day one last night but I still have not gotten a vote from Kythia or Silver.   I did hear back from one of them and they are supposed to vote soon. I'll leave it til tomorrow but then if I don't have those last two votes I'll close it up regardless. If anyone needs to change votes or do any talk/manipulations and such please do so before then, else we'll be moving on to the night phase and into Day 2.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Josietta

Quote from: Josietta on May 16, 2013, 02:20:07 AM
Day One - Day Phase

Votes For Trial:

Ryven - 4
Aiden - 3
Kyrsa - 1
Kythia - 1
Silver - 1

Yet to Vote:
Silver, Kythia

As neither of these two have voted and my cut off was Sunday night at midnight, leaving two reminder notices and giving an extra day and half to vote, I am going to skip them and move on.

Please if for any reason anyone cannot continue the game for one reason or another, please do let me know. Its not going to hurt feelings or cause issues. Just please let me know so we don't wait for a vote that won't come.

Thank you.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Kythia

I'm really sorry.  Massive failure on my part.  I've now bookmarked this thread (god knows why I hadn't before) so shouldn't happen again.  No reasons, just excuses.  Let me just get some food and I'll post.

Kythia

Well, if you're in any way annoyed at me for being so flamboyantly useless, you'll be glad to know I fell over and hurt my knee while making a sandwich.  Karmic retribution has been served and do avoid any more I'll start writing a post now.

Josietta

Tis fine, Kythia. No worries. Just please the next time i send you two PM reminders, please try to acknowledge that you received them so I know my efforts are not futile. I did skip you over this time however.

I did like your cover up post though! Thank you for understanding. :)

I will continue to send out PM reminders to those who do not vote within a given time and I will be sending PM reminders for those that requested them before the due date as well.

For now I need Night people and special roles to send me what you're doing for the night phase.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Ryven

I'm not gonna say 'I told you so,' but...I told you so.  ::)

persephone325

* persephone325 weeps over Ryven

I shall miss thee and thy sexy avatar!! lol
I don't know.

Josietta

As there has been a little confusion with special roles I wanted to clear up a couple things so we are all on the same page.

QuoteJedi Councilor - Has the ability to use the force to determine if one affiliated with the Dark Side or not. (May be used once per night)
Jedi Knight - Protector - Has the ability to protect one person each night and cannot be killed by mundane means. Must have special abilities used or put on trial as a guilty member.
Force Knight - Has the ability to take out one of the Sith during a night phase (usable only once per game)
Padiwans - Normal Jedi's in Training - No special abilities

Sith Lord - Sith leader with the ability to turn one single person to the dark side once per game at anytime during game play.
Sith Apprentice - Has the ability to appear normal to any use of ability by the Jedi Councilor
Bounty Hunter - Has the ability to kill any one person with no way of said person to be protected (Usable Twice per game)
Storm Troopers - Normal Dark Side Allies - No special abilities

These are the roles of the game.  As you can see the Force Knight and the Jedi Knight are different roles. I can see how it can get confusing at first, but just think of the Jedi Knight as a Jedi Protector.

As far as the Sith Lord goes..  No one is protected against the Sith Lord.  There is no way to protect any person from being turned to the dark side by that role. It is a one time use only power but if used properly can be pretty potent. This means if you are the Jedi Knight and you are turned, the Jedi no longer have that protector and the Sith now have another amongst their ranks. However, now that the Force Knight is dead, the Jedi Knights special ability is useless once being turned. If he had survived he could have used his power to protect his Sith Lord against the Force Knight.

If anyone has any other questions on the special roles please don't hesitate to ask!

Keep in mind also that you -cannot- vote for yourself at anytime during the trial rounds.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Mr Bigglesworth

Kind of a related tangent to the game; I was behind this guy this morning:

Josietta

That is brilliant Mr Biggs!  :) 

Game related: People don't be afraid to send out PMs and make alliances!  So far the Sith are gaining ground on the Jedi. You need to join forces in order to stand a fighting chance here!  Gimme some entertainment too ;D >.<

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Silver

I am going to try to catch up on everything. I apologize if I held anything up..

Josietta

As I am unsure of what Silver is doing and I have not heard back from her personally. I am going to simply drop her from the game and leave it as is. If she gets back to me before the Night Phase is over I will reconsider this decision.  So if anyone of you talks to her please let her know that as she is not replying to my PMs.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

Well it seems she hasn't been on since May 28th... I think there are a lot of PMs she not responding to. lol
I don't know.

persephone325

I don't know.

Josietta

*chuckles*  It is a bit quiet. I'm just waiting on night roles to send me their votes. Once they get that moving then we can go to Day 3.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

That was a lot of fun! It was my first time on the bad guy side! ;D I wonder how many people I fooled?

Besides Mr B, of course. ;) *blows him a kiss*
I don't know.

Falanor

Remiel

In all fairness, I think that there were way too many bad guys in this game.   The good guys didn't really have a chance.   ;)

Kythia

Agreed.  The first one or two day votes will usually get a goodie, unless they're very lucky indeed.  That coupled with guaranteed kills and all but guaranteed conversions in the night, it was always going to be unlikely that we won.

Josietta

The numbers were even when I started it but to be honest only a couple people bothered with behind the scene chats, which I think is what makes the game fun and keeps things interesting. The dark side just got very lucky in their choices during the day phases.  There was potential for more there.

The thing I often see is one side having so many more members than the other and it tends to lean to the larger side often. I thought if the numbers were even it could give people a fighting chance, especially as we started with a hanging instead of a night phase.  Over all I hope it was at least a bit fun and I'll keep note of things to improve on in the future!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Josietta

Quote from: Kythia on June 05, 2013, 02:25:38 PM
Agreed.  The first one or two day votes will usually get a goodie, unless they're very lucky indeed.  That coupled with guaranteed kills and all but guaranteed conversions in the night, it was always going to be unlikely that we won.

There was only a single guaranteed kill and that was by the Bounty Hunter who didn't use his ability. And the conversion which was the only ability the Sith Lord had. Both of those were one time use only.  The Jedi's had a protector who could protect someone every night but the unfortunate luck of that person being killed left little in the way of protection. The same with the Counselor (aka seer).

All in all I tried to make it fair by giving the Sith one time use powers and the Jedi one time per night powers. Which essentially made them more powerful even if their numbers were equal.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

I think you did a kick ass job, Josi. ;D I'd love to play when you run it again!
I don't know.

Remiel

Sorry, Josi.  I didn't mean it as a criticism, just an observation.  Typically, I like to limit the amount of bad guys when I run a Mafia game--for a population of 12, say,  I would have no more than three or, at the very maximum, four.   Remember that the bad guys have the advantage of knowing who each other are, while the good guys have such no information and are voting blindly in the dark.  Thus you typically want a 3-to-1 (or even 4-to-1) ratio of good guys to bad.

I still enjoyed the game, though, and thought you did very well running it.   :-)

Josietta

Its no worries at all! Really! I appreciate any criticism as it will help when I run another later. :)

Even though I've played in about a dozen of these games, running them is a good deal different. So if you all let me know what works and what doesn't I can try to up the ante for more surprises and such in the future! :)

If I came across as snippy or ungrateful in that reply I didn't mean to at all. I was just trying to reason out the reasons I did what I did. But I will take note of the numbers next time. It does help to hear from veteran Mafia-styled GMs.

I am going to go back to bed (or rather turn off my ipad) and just curl under my blankets. Surgery recovery + a head cold added on = a pouty kitty who needs the soft kitty song. 

Seriously though, Thank you all for playing and for the input all the way around. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Starlequin

It was a great game, Josi. I definitely enjoyed it! Hope you feel better soon, kittylady.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.