News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

bioshock infinite

Started by animationprincessofOoo, July 20, 2013, 03:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

animationprincessofOoo

On the topic of religion.. did anyone read that article about Glen Beck and how Bioshock Infinite was promoting anti conservative message to the youth? I nearly choked on water reading that. I don't need a video game to tell me they are evil their campaigns tell me enough. :P

animationprincessofOoo

Ok, so who is beyond excited for the DLC? Return to Rapture?!

Shjade

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 31, 2013, 09:50:04 PM
Every church I see has crosses on them, or inside a statuette of Christ on the cross usually behind the Priest's podium, which are all iconography, as well as cross earrings and necklaces and other jewelry.  These are very common around here.  Do churches or people in your area not do the same?  (Honest question)

Yes, the churches around here do have crosses prominently on display.

They also are full of congregants who don't pray to those crosses. I've never heard even one of them open or end a prayer with, "Oh Father Cross, Bearer of the Lamb, hear me."

Iconography isn't even close to idol worship.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

Apparently, Mr. Levine DID model Comstock around Christianity according to this interview.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/1/4576374/ken-levine-discusses-the-meaning-in-bioshock-infinite
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

Man, if only we'd already said it has the trappings of Christianity but not the content, as if that were used as some kind of inspiration or model.

Oh wait.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.