A dumb question, I know. But could someone explain how group RPs work to me?

Started by Icelandic, September 12, 2018, 11:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icelandic

Basically as it says in the subject title. I know the purpose of group RPs of course, and how they work in general and all of that good stuff, but while I am experienced in RPs in general, group RPs are kinda new for me.

For starters, what is the difference between the 'groups seeking players' thread and the 'players seeking groups' one? I could guess simply based off of the title, but most of the content in each thread seem like they could fit in either one, so a clarification would be nice. :)

Beyond that, if you respond to a 'group seeking players' thread with the intent on joining, how do you go about that? I know about character profiles and all of that, but I never see like, a link or anything to said group RP.

Oh, and thank you in advance! :)
Please, do stay a while, and warm up my icy heart~.

(Cuddle friendly)
My O/O's

My main request thread. (Always open!)

Nico

Quote from: Icelandic on September 12, 2018, 11:51:21 PM

For starters, what is the difference between the 'groups seeking players' thread and the 'players seeking groups' one? I could guess simply based off of the title, but most of the content in each thread seem like they could fit in either one, so a clarification would be nice. :)

The difference is just that. One is for people who already have an at least vague idea for a possible group game, and the other is for people who have an idea that's not yet came up in the other board. Or people who would like to see a certain game but are not willing to GM said game.

This is how I see it, at the very least.

Quote from: Icelandic on September 12, 2018, 11:51:21 PM
Beyond that, if you respond to a 'group seeking players' thread with the intent on joining, how do you go about that? I know about character profiles and all of that, but I never see like, a link or anything to said group RP.

Well, if you come across a group game that might interest you, you can post something in the recruitment thread. Often, links are posted in the first post, but not always. Sometimes, these threads are to see if the idea will get enough attention and threads have not been made, yet. Sometimes the idea is so fresh that threads are not made, yet. Can have many reasons. You also can ask for links and see if there are some already.

I hope this helps. :-)

Icelandic

Please, do stay a while, and warm up my icy heart~.

(Cuddle friendly)
My O/O's

My main request thread. (Always open!)