Power [Rules updated, now NC! Still recruiting]

Started by Xillen, January 29, 2011, 06:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xillen

That could be pretty exhaustive list for some people.

How about: The Blind Dare!

Instead of requesting a dare, you could request a blind dare. When you request a blind dare, all currently open dares are revoked, and nobody can request a dare anymore until you completed the requested blind dare.

Advantage: When requesting a blind dare, you are guaranteed to get the power, as all other dares are revoked.

Disadvantage: Blind dares are mandatory. When you request a blind dare, you must complete the dare.

Exception rules: You cannot request a blind dare right after losing the Power. If player A gives the power to player B, then player A cannot request a blind dare, until player B has given the power to someone else. You also cannot request a blind dare when you already requested a normal dare.

Would the "blind dare" have enough of an advantage that people would take it on occasion? Of course, people that take a blind dare need to add a basic list of offs to their character sheet, unless their own O/O list is rather detailed. Likewise, a "blind dare" wouldn't be for everyone. I personally would never take one.

Alternatively, you could use the Guests and Servants idea, but have everyone start as guests, and have people become a servant as part of a dare or similar option.

AurelieCatena

I like these two last suggestions.

I for one would take blind dare.

Also, the idea to be dared to become a servant is interesting, although it should come with an advantage of some sort (because who would like in his right mind to become a servant?)

Xillen

The first one is easier to achieve, I guess. The Blind Dare has the advantage that the Power is guaranteed.

You got any ideas for the second one?

AurelieCatena

Ni, I didn't come with any useful idea. That's a difficult one.

Sethala

Well, if the person becoming a servant still gets full use of the power, and the servant state is only temporary (i.e. "become a servant until you complete another dare"), it might be worthwhile.  Of course, you can't dare a servant into becoming a servant for longer.

Though if we go with that, personally I'd like to have the option to make a permanent servant character...

AurelieCatena

Well, I read again the "guest and servant" option and I realise I had not understood it correctly. I believe now that it would be a good solution. The servant state could be either temporary or permanent.

To add some suspense, we could add some randomness. The servant would be forced to accept a dare with a 50% chance. That is, when they request a dare and one is given to the, they roll a d6. If it rolls 1 to 3, they have to complete the dare, whatever it is. If they roll a 4 to 6, they have the choice to accept it or refuse it.

That could prevent dare-giver to be too harsh with servants.

Or maybe they roll a d100. They start with 10% chance of being forced to complete the dare. But for each request, the chance climbs by 10%. After 10 request, they would be 100% servants, unable to refuse a dare.

Sethala

Not a bad idea.  Maybe the chance to be unable to refuse starts at 25% and goes uo another 25% whenever a dare is refused (and maybe go down some when a dare is completed, forced or not).

Two rules I want to add, though.  First, you can dare anyone that's not a permanent servant into becoming one (either temporarily or permanently), but they can always refuse the dare, even if they're a servant.  Second, if your dare involves a condition on the power's use after the dare, it has to be followed if the dare is accepted, but it can always be refused.

Xillen

I don't want to make it too confusing, but an escape clausal for servants could be ok. For example, they could decline a dare, but then when next asking a dare, they either need to do the dare given, or the dare they refused earlier (So one of two options given by two different people).

Percentages are nice and all, but a lot of bookkeeping. If you don't want to risk it, don't play a servant.

Also, the idea was that people choose to be servants or guests. Those who enjoy forced dares could pick servant, while the rest should pick guest. They can do the same thing with the power, and they gain the power the same way, by completing dares. The main difference is that servants are not allowed to refuse any and all dares like guests can, and servants can have their body altered against their will.

That last detail could be omitted if it would be a problem.

Sethala

You have a point, simple is probably better.  As for changing others with the power, I'm fine with it as long as all changes are discussed OOC  first.  "Normal" non-con stuff is fine, but being forced to play a new character may ruin the game for some, if they didn't approve beforehand.

Sethala

You know, we might get a bit more response on the NC game if it were a new thread instead of tacked on to this one...

AurelieCatena

As for me, I'm not much into body transformation except tattooing, piercing or branding. Non-human appearance does not turn me on.

But I'm all for forced clothing and forced bondage.

Xillen

Quote from: Sethala on February 15, 2011, 10:44:01 AM
You know, we might get a bit more response on the NC game if it were a new thread instead of tacked on to this one...

Perhaps, perhaps not. For now I'm just discussing the outlines of the NC/Exotic version, rather than recruiting players for it, and perhaps this helps draw some attention to the first version of the game.

I'm also not sure if we should start the NC/Exotic version, until the original version has a healthy amount of players. It seems we're currently only 4 or 5 people strong.

AurelieCatena

Yes.... But if an NC version was started, I would probably leave this one to enters the new one.

Although I beginning to feel that this one is slowly drifting towards consensual non-consent, which might do very well with me.

Xillen

Quote from: AurelieCatena on February 15, 2011, 10:57:55 AMYes.... But if an NC version was started, I would probably leave this one to enters the new one.

Yeah, that also worries me slightly. Opening the NC one might kill the first one. Not entirely sure if that's a bad thing, as long as people enjoy the new one.

AurelieCatena

So, maybe we could just move the old one to the NC forum and continue with it, changing the rules along the way.

I'd vote for that option.

NC could be introduced by peoples realising they cannot disobey a dare they have accepted.

And then accepting dares like the one Chug just gave to Lea.

Xillen

Uhm, yeah, that could be an option. Let me post it in the OOC over there, since it seems pretty dead on new arrivals for now.

Sethala

Personally I would prefer to keep both games running, and I'd play in both.  However, that would require enough players to be interested in both games.  If that's not possible, I would prefer to switch the current game to NC, as long as everyone active in the game would continue to play.

subrob99

Maybe with a new version of the game there will be more players interested.

Sethala

That's a good point, it seems there's a good amount more activity on the NC Exotic Freeform boards (which is what I assume this falls under).  And it looks like DTW's the only one still in the game that hasn't said anything in this thread, so...

Xillen

At first, the idea was to post the second version on Extreme, to allow the inclusion of some elements like Watersports, Scat, Bestiality, etc...

However, if we keep it to one game, should we still? Or should we keep it to the NC Exotic boards?

And activity on the boards itself doesn't affect much, since people rarely check those boards for other games, considering most games are closed playerwise.

Sethala

I would prefer NC Exotic over Extreme, although if there's enough vote for it, I wouldn't mind Extreme.

As for the board activity, I just meant that it seemed like there were more people interested in the NC Exotic games than there were for the consensual bondage ones.

Xillen

Yeah, a lot of people like NC, but usually only from one side, giving or receiving. Not everyone enjoys both sides of the coin.

With a predesigned story, it's easy to establish who will do the giving and who will do the receiving. With something like Power it's harder to establish that beforehand. The Guests and Servants idea was basically to establish something like that I guess.

Sethala

Very true, and I still love the guests and servants idea.  Really, I just love the idea of forced dares, or at least dares with a penalty for not following them (which is why I wish I knew about this place early enough to get in your poker game...)

AurelieCatena

I vote for NC exotic as well, although I would not mind Extreme either.

I believe we could have consensual non-consent. At some point a participant accepts/promises/is tricked into accepting that s/he cannot forfeit a dare once it has been accepted, and that those with the Power can use it against them.

As long as you have not accepted that, you cannot be forced to do anything. The NC status should be mentioned in the character sheet, along with a list of limits.

Sethala

Agreed, though I would also like to add that you can never be forced into a dare that forces you into more dares, or that forces you to use the power in a certain way or limits how you can use the power.  You can certainly accept such a dare if it's proposed, of course, but even if you're bound into accepting the next dare, you can refuse dares with those two conditions.

Also, should promises made as part of a dare become binding, such as Lea's most recent dare?  And what promises are binding?  (I suggest that whoever has the power can propose a promise as a/part of a dare, and those promises are binding if accepted, however any other promises are just that.  Exact wording matters, and if there's a dispute as to the intent, it's entirely up to whoever made the dare.)