5,300-Year-Old Man Finally Ready for His Close-Up

Started by Spookie Monster, March 12, 2009, 05:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

If you've ever wanted to take a really close look at Ötzi the Iceman, well, now's your chance:

The Iceman Photo Scan

The Iceman Photo Scan is an innovative project which records the complete photographic documentation of the body of the Iceman mummy.

Having said that, I hope that five thousand years from now people aren't staring at my naked body.  Maybe that's what his tattoos mean: "EYES OFF, PERVERTS OF THE FUTURE!"

Enjoy!

Spel

When all the world was very young...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

The Overlord

Simply amazing.

I went yesterday to see this exhibition-

http://www.kingtut.org/home

If you think about it, years ago they built these tombs under pyramids or carved them out of places like Valley of the Kings. All these artisans building and decorating the place, eventually laying the deceased Pharaohs and others into these chambers, which would not see the light of day for millennia.

Then one day, thousands of years in the distant future, they're discovered by this bizarre civilization that's learned to travel in space, split the atom and the DNA molecule, and send messages around the globe in mere seconds on a huge information web.

Put inside this big futuristic scanning machine that helps discover what their lives were like. It's something beyond the imagination of their time.

And what about this guy? He ends up keeling over on a glacier and becoming part of it...and thousands of years later he ends up under scrutiny by this future civilization.

Yeah...it makes you wonder what quantum chance or fate will deal any of us. Are any of us destined to end up in a lab in the 41st century?

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Spookie Monster

Thanks for the replies, guys!  I'm glad that you enjoyed the material that the site offers.

Quote from: The Overlord on March 13, 2009, 02:22:40 PMI went yesterday to see this exhibition-

http://www.kingtut.org/home
Pretty cool!  I'm glad that you enjoyed that, too.  I myself have been consistently preoccupied with Ancient Egyptian culture since I was just a wee lad...

Spel

We'll stick with you, baby, for a thousand years...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~