Interest Check: D&D 3.5 Campaign

Started by Paladin101, June 08, 2014, 10:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin101

So, I'm getting the urge to DM something again, it's been awhile but I'm getting that craving. So I thought I would see if there would be interest in a 3.5 campaign, I am thinking set in the Western Heartlands of Faerun.

My plan is probably starting characters somewhere between level 6 or 9, as for what classes, I have most of the books, so if I have access to look at the stats of the class, I'll be ok with it if it comes from a core rulebook most likely. For storyline, I tend to let some details be determined by what the party decides, but I have some ideas for a campaign involving tracking down ruins of a lost civilization, and the riches held within, and the dangers of what crushed that civilization, and wanted it to remain lost in time.

If I get some interest, I'll make a proper recruitment thread with character making rules, and a proper lead in to the theme I settle on for the campaign.

Muse

*pounce!* 

You'd have to set a 2nd edition game in the same area to find something that would excite me more!  :) 

Please count me in! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RubySlippers

I favor level 6 but love the system and am feeling better now so can commit to more games. Well its experienced enough to go off adventuring and not to high.

Miroque

Interst peek.. but only for lower starting level game (6 being the ultimate top level)

Autocad

Definitely interested, no not just interested, definitely want in! No strings attached!

Paladin101

Well glad to see interest!

I was leaning towards level 6 myself, just wanted to put in a range to see player preferences. So I will set it at 6 since that seems to be the popular setup.

Muse, I have never played 2nd edition, and have no books for it, whereas I have a shitload of 3.5 books and am intimately familiar with that setting. So as a GM I am more cozy stickin to 3.5.

Now that I have 4 people interested, I'll get to work and try to get an official signup thread up by this afternoon.

Blinkin

Got space for 1 more? A swashbuckler, of course... at least tentative interest until more information is forthcoming
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Phaia

make that 6 people interested....I was taught 2nd edition by an ex boy friend so I know that as well

phaia

Paladin101

Snake

Queues up interest here. Can't wait to hear more.

EroticFantasyAuthor

What about Pathfinder with 3.5 material?  ;)

Paladin101

never done pathfinder, though I've houseruled a few times to allow a pathfinder rule I agreed with into the game. Like making Dodge a universal +1 dodge bonus to AC instead of declared vs one target. But either way, the actual signup thread is up and runnin now in the link above. ;)

EroticFantasyAuthor

Pathfinder is pretty much just 3.75.

Will have a look see at the sign up  ;D

Muse

Yes, it's 3.75, which means it has less direct compatibly than 3.5 and 3.0. 

Which isn't to say things can't be converted.  But mixing editions is usually requested as an excuse to build overpowering characters by pulling feats from multiple different editions that never should have been combined. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Paladin101

Ya, I very rarely allow cross edition feat combinations. Unless it's something that I read and say "Hey, that makes sense, and just streamlines something that is clunky in 3.5" I don't let it in. Like I said, the Dodge feat is a great example of one that I allow in, just because it makes a basic feat easier for a player and DM to keep track of.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Really what I meant to say in my first reply to this thread was...

Anyway I could talk you into doing Pathfinder instead?  ;)

Paladin101

I have prolly 20 books on hand for 3.5. I have never looked at a Pathfinder book. Which one you think I am gonna feel most comfortable running? lol

EroticFantasyAuthor

Pathfinder is my favorite, so I always ask heh.

But with the other interest thread being a 4 pages already with several people having made characters, nevermind on the request.

Sorry it took me so long to post.

SheerFantasia

Colour me very interested, but I'm wondering if I'm late to the party  :P

Just as a question; I've been looking for a chance to play a Binder (Tome of Magic; 2006).  Would that be possible in this game?

EroticFantasyAuthor