Looking for Literate Partner for 1X1

Started by Dissonance, January 27, 2011, 08:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dissonance

No specifications on gender, so just come in if you're interested.

That and, to be honest, I've no real idea for a role play at the moment - even though I've been thinking of starting a role play for a long time since my application was put on hold. But I do have some requirements that perhaps someone could help follow up with.

- Convoluted Plots
- High Fantasy, Steam Punk, Politics

At least, well, that's what I'm keen to do at the moment. I'm not that much of a politics guru, but I guess writing it out in fiction is fairly easier than in argumentative. And hey, it ties in well enough with a 'convoluted' plot. But anyway, I'm open to suggestions. If you're keen to have a literate partner for 1X1 as well, then just post here! XD

LittleRedPet

Hiya Dissonance  :-)

When it comes to roleplays, I usually prefer to 1-1 then anything else really.
I wanted to know what you meant by 'High Fantasy' I mean I understand Fantasy, but..High Fantasy? o--o
Anyways though, Steam Punk. I'm into that! Reminds me of some of the best Japanese Anime movies I've watched. Mmmm  :-)

So yes, I am definitely interested!

Dissonance

Makes me wonder which animes... I guess I'm more of a manga person with the laziness to wait for videos to buffer.

And well, this would be my first time doing a 1-1, so hey, look out for me, haha.

To quote Wiki here...

High fantasy or epic fantasy is a subgenre of fantasy that is set in invented or parallel worlds. High fantasy originated with the writings of William Morris, George MacDonald, and Lord Dunsany, and came to fruition through the work of authors such as J. R. R. Tolkien and C. S. Lewis, whose major fantasy works were published in the 1950s.[1] High fantasy, along with sword and sorcery, has become one of the two genres most commonly associated with the general term fantasy.

Which reminds me. I'd love to have swords and sorcery too, though I wouldn't mind Sci-fi... But hey, I digress.

Meanwhile, since you're the earliest person to respond, I guess I may as well get started.

How should the story go though? Uh, not as in the entire story -- which destroys the purpose of role playing it in the first place. But, where should the story be set in? Shall we create an entirely new world or something? A lot of cliche ideas are coming up now, but hey, what say you eh, partner? XD

LittleRedPet

Psh, we could put swords, magics and sci-fi into one bundle  ^-^
Steam-punk genre, droids and high-tech guns along with the fantasy races, magics, swords and of course unicorns  ;D Okay..maybe not unicorns but..motorcycles!

And about the anime, things like Hayao Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle movie o-o

Well, a city that is notorious for their crime rate and amount of kills, murders and so on. The cities authorities are extremely corrupt and the economy of the city isn't the best either. You can bring in your character anyway you want  :-)

But for me, I am so going bad girl >_> A independent thief, I run into you by..well robbing/pickpocketing you in someway or form =) And we can just see how it goes from there =D

Dissonance

So you're the 'bad girl'. Maybe, as a contrast. I'll be the 'good guy'.

Hm, kind of fits in with the criteria. A good guy joining the political arena of a city where crime rates are high, and corruption is likely to be rampant. Given the task to reform the entire city, he will have to first overcome the obstacles that are mostly internal, and survive while juggling all those tasks. Maybe this place is some sort of city under the rule of some sort of Kingdom, and my character's sent by the King, or Emperor, whatever >.>, to the city to be the new governor.

I guess I'll be a pretty useless guy, urgh. But oh well, kinda boring to always play a character that's capable of fighting. So yep, I guess that's my character. I think I'll just set up the IC thread now before I get busy with life.

Dissonance

Lol. Apologies. On second thought, I figured it might be better to wait for you to at least reply first before I move on. Plus, we haven't actually named the Kingdom. Alternatively, we could just call it 'Kingdom' XD

LittleRedPet

The city could be ran by militia and you're sent with a handful of your own men. That way even if your guy isn't the fighter, he does still have fighters to do the dirty work for him. The militia could be called The Crenks Crew and I'll let you name your own Royalty Kingdom King Army thingy that your character is from o.O

As for the city itself. It's actual name is Chiranen, but the Crenks have started to just name the town Crenk. So..locals and my character would use Crenk where as you and your men would use the official town name.

Dissonance

Hm.

Then I guess I'll play anagram with the names for those places. Maybe... Roanark? Lol. I did mention anagram, but in the end, I just crapped something out of sound. Okay then, that'll be the Kingdom.

Kingdom of Roanark, ruled by the King Roan XIII. Sends my character... Uh... Utt! Utt, to be the Governor of Chiranen, which the resident militia prefer to call 'Crenk'. The mission is to reform the city, reducing crime rates -- corruption especially. All these are public knowledge though, with a King's Edict to back that up, so currently, the corrupt in Chiranen are starting to stir. Well, what happens next is up to us two.

Oooh. I guess that about settles it.

Do we need character sheets?

Hehe, I guess not, just describe our characters in our first post, I suppose... Which I'm about to get started on. I'll prolly double post here with the link

LittleRedPet

xD Couldn't help but laugh a little. But Roanark, that sounds awesome >=D Okay, that all sounds just perfect, and no I don't think we need character sheets.

So yes ^-^ Just send me link when ready/done. =D