A Heart's Wish (GM: Swashbuckler and Loves) all welcome

Started by Loves, February 23, 2015, 11:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senti

I found the Cheshire Cat... in the real world. oh that cat is grumpy...

Loves

Quote from: Tinkertoy on March 01, 2015, 02:30:41 PM
Wait...what? I thought Loves had Red earmarked as a GM operated character?!

I gave her up so I can annoy you all with Wendy :P
ON HIATUS AGAIN

la dame en noir

Damnit

Well - I think I might pick up Li Shang or Prince Eric. But I don't want to officially hold them until I have an idea.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Loves

Quote from: Aiden on March 01, 2015, 11:29:23 AM
If no one makes the Beast from Beauty and the Beast, Gunner can hate Bigsby.

Sort of how Hook in Once Upon a time calls rumple, the "alligator".

Someone has submitted a sheet for The Beast and I will be playing Belle
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Loves

Quote from: Swashbuckler on March 01, 2015, 11:11:33 AM
Amelita: will reserve Red for you.

Erato: Will reserve Jasmine for you.

Loves will have to do the edit to the post, but I'll let her know.

Reserved :)
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Tinkertoy

Quote from: Loves on March 01, 2015, 03:24:54 PM
I gave her up so I can annoy you all with Wendy :P

*smirks and holds in a cackle* Oh yay! I am glad my poking contributed to your snatching of the Ms Darling!

I only wanna be your self-inflicted wound.
It sees you, baby. The friction between me and you.
Show me what makes you human, I'll show you vulnerable.
You bend, you break, you surrender and melt like solid gold.

Juggtacular

Quote from: Loves on March 01, 2015, 03:31:31 PM
Someone has submitted a sheet for The Beast and I will be playing Belle

Bigby's gonna feel so awkward around them. Beauty is a good friend, Beast was one of his best friends, and he killed Beast and left her a single mother. Like, he's been forced to hurt so many people that he cares about it's not even funny.

Loves

Quote from: Juggtacular on March 01, 2015, 03:37:45 PM
Bigby's gonna feel so awkward around them. Beauty is a good friend, Beast was one of his best friends, and he killed Beast and left her a single mother. Like, he's been forced to hurt so many people that he cares about it's not even funny.

Those will only be his memories though. My Belle will have no memory of him whatsoever
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Juggtacular

Quote from: Loves on March 01, 2015, 03:42:11 PM
Those will only be his memories though. My Belle will have no memory of him whatsoever

Oh I know. Which is gonna make it better and worse. ALL THE DRAMAS

Amelita

So so confusing. Since your wolf isn't actually the wolf from the fairytales, he's not the one who tried to kill her?

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Loves

most likely Red won't even recognize him since he appears more human than wolf
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Amelita

Yeah, but I mean, if he's this Bigby from Fables, he's not the Big Bad Wolf. This is what's confusing me >.>

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Tinkertoy

Bigby IS the Big Bad Wolf, but he took a human form to fit into the hamlet that the Fables were exiled to in New York, because, you know...giant dire wolf walking around MIGHT have freaked out the locals.

I only wanna be your self-inflicted wound.
It sees you, baby. The friction between me and you.
Show me what makes you human, I'll show you vulnerable.
You bend, you break, you surrender and melt like solid gold.

Aiden

So I can't play a big bad wolf based off the actual fairy tale?  >:)

Amelita

Quote from: Tinkertoy on March 01, 2015, 04:06:37 PM
Bigby IS the Big Bad Wolf, but he took a human form to fit into the hamlet that the Fables were exiled to in New York, because, you know...giant dire wolf walking around MIGHT have freaked out the locals.

It's still a different story. Fables is no more the fairytales than this game. I'm not bashing it, I'm just trying to grasp the scope of what we can use. If we can use modern adaptations and stories inspired by the fairytales too, I have a lot more options for my sheet.

Quote from: Aiden on March 01, 2015, 04:09:21 PM

HA

Swashbuckler

He is, just from a different world.

We were not restrictive about which story it was chosen from.   As it is, he will recognize names at best, but no one in person.   Frankly, I can't see how he'll come off as anything but a mad man since no one else is from Fables, but there you are.  It is the same with the other stories as well, and even down from timelines.   If someone was say from Aladdin, and someone else's character came from the second or third, they'd have no ideas what was going on.  Each story was an independent loop.

Indeed, this will make it easier if there are people who leave, because somone else could come in as the same character, but different time period.   Bearing that in mind, these characters quite well remember everyone from their story, so while they have utter free will, they might still harbor feelings from their story.  Maybe Snow White remembers thinking Prince Charming was dreamy.  She might think he is a douchebag now, but then, soooo dreamy.

And that's an example.  I don't think that Prince Charming is a douchebag.

Swashbuckler

Quote from: Aiden on March 01, 2015, 04:09:21 PM

Correct.   One person per character.  In this town, Bigby is the Big Bad Wolf.

la dame en noir

Loves or Swashbuckler: can I reserve Princess Aurora?
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Loves

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 01, 2015, 04:13:19 PM
Loves or Swashbuckler: can I reserve Princess Aurora?

Yes you may :)  I will reserve her for you now
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Amelita

So we're in other words not restricted to actual fairy tales? Juuust clarifying ::)

Swashbuckler

Quote from: Amelita on March 01, 2015, 04:11:32 PM
It's still a different story. Fables is no more the fairytales than this game. I'm not bashing it, I'm just trying to grasp the scope of what we can use. If we can use modern adaptations and stories inspired by the fairytales too, I have a lot more options for my sheet.

From Page One:

What kind of characters will be involved?
A list of optional characters will be offered, however if you wish to add to that list, a PM to the GMs requesting such is all it will take to get the ball rolling. However, it will be important to have your character fit in with the overall plot and make sense. No video game characters will be admitted unless you can convince the GMs otherwise. We ask that you get permission for a character not listed prior to working on a character sheet. 

If you have something off the beaten path, submit it.

Amelita

I read that with fairy tales in mind, so I just thought you guys meant stories that weren't already listed xD

Thank you for clarifying, I'm all good now!  ;D

Juggtacular

The others clarifications have been correct, but Bigby did try to eat Red Riding Hood in his  own book. He was basically every "Evil Wolf" story told in fairy tales.  So he blew down the Pig's houses, he tried to eat Little Red, etc... But as Swash pointed out, he's from Fables, she's from a different book so he'll have his memories of what he did to her in his own book, but know nothing about your version.

Amelita

Aiden

Roger that.

*Store big bad wolf concept for another day*

A contractor who specializes in demolition (and building) of houses!  XD