Did you know that...

Started by Caitlin, June 26, 2012, 05:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caitlin

I thought of a new and (hopefully) fun game that is also interesting at the same time. ^_^

It works pretty simple, you give an answere based on the question "Did you know that..."

That answer has to be some sort of fact that you don't think is commonly known, like the day that Albert Einstein was born or in which year gun powder was discovered in Europe. It can be about anything really, like things that interest you in your personal life, or facts that have to do with your job or field of specialty.

The next person can then reply that he/ she did or didn't know that and ask a new question. ;D

I'll start the first one:

Did you know that...

Kia Silverbrook is the most profilic inventor and has 9,716 patents or patent applications registered at the international patent document database?

Dovel

I didn't know that.

Did you know that Frank Herbert submitted his novel Dune to over twenty publishers, each of whom rejected it. It was finally accepted and published by Chilton Books, a publisher who up to that time only printed auto repair manuals.

Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Story Tale

(Fun game, I love trivia, although I have a hard time remembering it all.)

I did not know that.

Did you know.... George R. R. Martin told producers David Benioff and Dan Weiss the major plot lines (including the main ending) of the story in case he dies before completing the remaining novels.

OrchidofDarkness

I didn't know that.

Did you know In America, the first recorded weather vane maker, Shem Drowne of Boston, began hammering out silhouettes in the early 1700s. Soon, weather vanes were popping up all over the Colonies.

Every thing I gave is wasted, and I'm the one whos suffocated.

Dovel

Did you know...

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Xandria

I did not know this.

Did you know...

The first vending machine was invented by Hero of Alexandria in the first century. When a coin was dropped into a slot, its weight would pull a cork out of a spigot and the machine would dispense a trickle of holy water.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus

Caitlin

I didn't know that, no.

Did you know that cats were likely domesticated in the Middle East, rather than Egypt and that the earliest known human - cat association dates back 9500 years?

Zandra

I only knew the associations were old... 9500 years? Wow!

Did you know laughter is a panic response when someone tickles you?  This is also why you can't tickle yourself, as your body senses no danger.

DeadCell

Did you know that very roughly of course due to evaporation and weather there is 326 million trillion gallons of water on our planet.

Again, very roughly.

ONS AND OFFS / Click Me For Story Ideas /
What is the colour of night?