Crush the Xenos Scum! [40k discussion]

Started by chaoslord29, May 02, 2013, 11:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Bread for the bread god!

Also, I think the orks would like to have a word with you.

"Every wunz knowz that the green unz is the awesomest!"
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Ravien Delapor

Quote from: Inkidu on May 10, 2013, 06:31:10 PM
"Every wunz knowz that the green unz is the awesomest!"

The Orks would hoard all the awesome.  Humans spread it around for everyone.  Proof?  Warhammer 40,000.
It's you and me, 2017.  New year, new profile.  Let's do this.

O/O's

Hemingway

Heh, speaking of Khorne ... I have a Magic the Gathering deck which is based on putting the opponent's cards into his or her graveyard. Or, as I like to call it, cards for the card pile.

Ravien Delapor

I'll admit here and now that I've not interest in MTG or any understanding of its' rules, but to me at least, it seems that any game that has a graveyard would have an implied point of getting as much of your opponent's playable resources into said graveyard, with the only exception being any game involving necromancy of any kind.

O/O's

Hemingway

It's one of the ways of winning the game. I don't want to derail the thread, so I'll leave it at that.  ;)

Oh, and cards for the card pile.

I've yet to come up with a second line, though.

Ravien Delapor

Quote from: Hemingway on May 10, 2013, 06:47:02 PM
It's one of the ways of winning the game. I don't want to derail the thread, so I'll leave it at that.  ;)

I'll take your word for it; if it's successful, who am I to question?

Let's see, now...Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the Skull throne...cards for the card pile...something for the card table, perhaps?  Khrone sits on a throne, cards are played on a table, traditionally.  I don't think that there's much destroyed during a card game that you could build a table out of, though, unless you're playing a version of Magic that allows you to break your opponent's defeated body through whatever surface you were playing upon.

O/O's

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on May 10, 2013, 06:47:02 PM

Oh, and cards for the card pile.

I've yet to come up with a second line, though.
Cards for the car pile! Mana for the mana pool! *Shrug*

Anyway, I like the Ultramarines (but remember I don't play the game proper) so what do I know?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Ravien Delapor

Quote from: Inkidu on May 10, 2013, 06:55:06 PM
Cards for the car pile! Mana for the mana pool! *Shrug*

Anyway, I like the Ultramarines (but remember I don't play the game proper) so what do I know?

I could see that working, but it's not my quote to give a ruling on.

*sighs*  This is going to make it sound like I've never actually played 40K...which is the case, sadly...but what's wrong with the Ultramarines?  Other than having the console game based around them when it so obviously should have been based around a Chapter that doesn't use the same color scheme as the Boy Scouts.

O/O's

Inkidu

Camouflage is the color of cowardice! *BLAM!*

Eh, I'm not too sure, but apparently a writer at Games Workshop really like the Ulatramarines and kind of wrote them to be way too OP when they shouldn't be.

Personally, my first real experience with the 40K universe was Space Marine (the game) and Captain Titus of the Adeptus Astartes Ultramarine Chapter. So they've got a special place in my heart.

Hemingway

Mat Ward!!

Ahem.

I had no clue who he was until two days ago, when I read up on Tau tactics, as I decided to get back into Warhammer. Sort of.

Ultramarines are generally just sort of ... default. I mean, they wrote the book on being Space Marines. Literally!

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on May 10, 2013, 07:08:24 PM
Mat Ward!!

Ahem.

I had no clue who he was until two days ago, when I read up on Tau tactics, as I decided to get back into Warhammer. Sort of.

Ultramarines are generally just sort of ... default. I mean, they wrote the book on being Space Marines. Literally!
Yeah, they're awesome. Sure they're the "epitome" of what it's supposed to be a space marine, but in a society that has a hard time adapting new tactics and tech that might not be a good thing. There are some things that the Codex Astartes doesn't account for.

Ravien Delapor

Quote from: Inkidu on May 10, 2013, 07:05:02 PM
Camouflage is the color of cowardice! *BLAM!*

Eh, I'm not too sure, but apparently a writer at Games Workshop really like the Ulatramarines and kind of wrote them to be way too OP when they shouldn't be.

Personally, my first real experience with the 40K universe was Space Marine (the game) and Captain Titus of the Adeptus Astartes Ultramarine Chapter. So they've got a special place in my heart.

Ahhhhhhh, I see.  *Shrugs*  First experiences usually imprint on us, for good or ill; it would explain why my taste in women likes them a little on the heavy side.  My first 40K experience was with the first three books of Dan Abnet's Ghosts series, and they're still my favorite Guardsmen.

They, however, make strategic use of camouflage; when you're not a 9-foot tall behemoth in plate armor, everyday things like demons and chainaxe-wielding cultists push little people to use more of their available talents.

On the subject of gaudy armor, though, let it be known here and now: Skitarii wear it better.

O/O's

Inkidu

Quote from: Ravien Delapor on May 10, 2013, 07:13:49 PM
Ahhhhhhh, I see.  *Shrugs*  First experiences usually imprint on us, for good or ill; it would explain why my taste in women likes them a little on the heavy side.  My first 40K experience was with the first three books of Dan Abnet's Ghosts series, and they're still my favorite Guardsmen.

They, however, make strategic use of camouflage; when you're not a 9-foot tall behemoth in plate armor, everyday things like demons and chainaxe-wielding cultists push little people to use more of their available talents.

On the subject of gaudy armor, though, let it be known here and now: Skitarii wear it better.
Well there was an Ork leader who painted his army purple under the premise that purple was sneaky because no one had seen a purple army before.

GENIUS!

Ravien Delapor

Quote from: Inkidu on May 10, 2013, 07:16:50 PM
Well there was an Ork leader who painted his army purple under the premise that purple was sneaky because no one had seen a purple army before.

GENIUS!

Of course it's genius!  Just like the Ork who built two cars, painted one blue and the other red, raced them, and then decided that since the red one won and crashed while the blue one lost and survived, obvious Red goes faster and Blue is lucky!

And on the subject of a purple army, the Soul Drinkers wore it better, lost and damned that half of them were.

O/O's

Inkidu

Of course, the orks kind of work on the premise of "clap if you believe". :\

Anyway, I am sitting here with my laptop trying to come up with a question for this 40K thread when all of a sudden a Baneblade comes out from behind my laptop and a squad of space marines start crawling out from under the chair and start wrecking up the joint. I was dumfounded. It must have taken some kind of tactical gen--CREEEEEEEEEEEED!

Memes for the meme god!

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Inkidu on May 10, 2013, 07:25:14 PM
Of course, the orks kind of work on the premise of "clap if you believe". :\

Anyway, I am sitting here with my laptop trying to come up with a question for this 40K thread when all of a sudden a Baneblade comes out from behind my laptop and a squad of space marines start crawling out from under the chair and start wrecking up the joint. I was dumfounded. It must have taken some kind of tactical gen--CREEEEEEEEEEEED!

Memes for the meme god!

Just as planned. :D

Inkidu

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 10, 2013, 07:26:32 PM
Just as planned. :D
The cowards they hide in metal boxes!

40K memes are just more fun! :D

Ravien Delapor

Why don't we...

Nah, heck with it, you lost me.

O/O's

Hemingway

SPESS MEHREEEENS. THERE IS NO TIME TO BE LOST.

Dear god no, I apologize profusely.

Uhh. Uhh...

Commander Farsight!

Chaos-corrupted? Necron-uhhh ... something? Discuss!

Inkidu

Quote from: Ravien Delapor on May 10, 2013, 07:39:25 PM
Why don't we...

Nah, heck with it, you lost me.
What you don't know the tactical genius of Creed?

So, these Tzeentch cultists were about to perform the ritual sacrifice that would allow a demon prince to enter the world and plunge this planet screaming into the void. But then, a Baneblade emerged from the shadow cast by the main altar and began blowing holes in the walls, while Space Marines began emerging from behind the ornamental candelabra. And when the high priest tried to complete the sacrifice before the Space Marines could stop him, he discovered that a 100 foot tall battle cathedral had been hidden behind him without him realizing. How is this possi- CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!

Explanation
With the 5th Edition Imperial Guard Codex, Usarkar E. Creed's special rule "Tactical Genius" allows the army containing Creed to make a scout or outflank move with one unit of their choice before the game, even Baneblades and Humongous Mecha. The meme inflates this rule to the point that Creed is a Magnificent Bastard or Mary Tzu who can hide said overpowered superweapons behind a lamppost or outhose without anyone ever seeing them. The story has many variations, all ending with some poor schmuck lamenting Creed's tactical genius and releasing a Skyward Scream.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on May 10, 2013, 07:45:35 PM
SPESS MEHREEEENS. THERE IS NO TIME TO BE LOST.

Dear god no, I apologize profusely.

Uhh. Uhh...

Commander Farsight!

Chaos-corrupted? Necron-uhhh ... something? Discuss!
Don't ask me why but that reminds me what happened to the squa-- *arrg!*

Ravien Delapor

Quote from: Inkidu on May 10, 2013, 07:46:01 PM
What you don't know the tactical genius of Creed?

I didn't but I do now.  So basically whenever a genius, pull-out-of-your-pants move is put into play that completely trashes whatever your enemy was doing, the accepted response from the enemy is 'CREEEEEEED!!!'?

O/O's

Inkidu

Well it's just that people have blown his special ability out of proportion to where he can basically hide anything behind or under anything.

Therefore it's infinitely hilarious!

Hemingway

CREEEEEEEEEED!

( That's Creed apparently beating Tzeentch at chess )

Ravien Delapor

I have this sudden image of the scene from Spaceballs where Lord Helmet and his men are literally combing the desert...

Helmet: Found anything?!?

Team One: Nothing here, sir!

Team Two:  Nothing, sir!

Helmet: What about you guys?!?

Team Black: We ain't found shi-HOLY SHIT, THERE'S A BANEBLADE UNDER THIS GRAIN OF SAND!

Helmet: CREEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!

O/O's