News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Westworld!

Started by CandyLips, June 05, 2017, 01:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CandyLips

I just got a sudden craving for a Westworld type game. Where some of the characters are real and some aren't.

la dame en noir

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

orderNchaos

I've been craving something with synthetic humans trying to understand the true nature of their existence.  I'd love to do something like this.

AKunoichi

I've been toying with some ideas which are partly inspired by Westworld, but also by broader Gnostic themes. My Fractal Paradise setting is probably a virtual reality simulation that people enter in order to enjoy sex and violence in a safe environment with no consequences. It's tropical rather than wild west flavored though.

I however take this a bit farther than Westworld does, in that I don't draw a hard line between Guests and Hosts. Anybody entering the game can play any role, and temporarily forgets that  they ever existed outside the simulation. They might have a vague idea that there is another world outside this, but it will always be ambiguous. In effect, everyone would be like the Host rather than the guests.
Of course, because it's a simulation, if you die, you get all your memories back, and you can chose to be re-born in a new role, possibly with rewards based on what you did in your previous like. There is a sort of Karma system in place which rewards people for acting out depraved fantasies, making sure the world stays exciting and dynamic.

I'm unsure of my abilities GMing an entire group, but as a joint world building exercise or freeform/rules light RP, I'd love to welcome you into this simulation.