Werewolves: New Blood [OOC thread]

Started by Valerian, April 05, 2010, 09:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

Welcome!  Hopefully we can start the game soon.  We have ten players currently (see below), though I will go up to twelve, if there are one or two more who'd like to give it a try.

Albedo
Maric
The Exiled
GeekFury
Ex68471
VictoriaVale
Watari

Lucius Cornelius
AncientMaster

The Unholy Potato

Since some of you may not be familiar with the game, or at least haven't played it online, I've worked up a sample round or two.  You can also browse through any of the games here in the Vault -- currently active games are stickied at the top of the page, while completed games are below.

Day 1: Players arrive in the little village of Smith's Crossing and settle in.  Roles are assigned, with only the werewolves knowing each others' identities.

Night 1: An NPC is killed by the werewolves.  (This is a trick I use online to give everyone the chance for a little more roleplaying.)

Day 2: Discovering the death, the players vote to lynch one of their number.  Everyone must vote (though allowance will be made for absences and emergencies), and no one can vote for themselves.  Votes are tallied like so:

SuzyQ (6): RPGuy, DragonSlayer, RoseRed23, Arturo, Captain Midnight, Arwen
Dragon Slayer (2): SuzyQ, Little Kitty
RoseRed (1): Miss X

Yet to vote: Jameson113

SuzyQ is in serious trouble, but she has until all the votes are in to try to persuade people to change their minds.  Votes can be changed until they are all in and tallied.  Private messages are encouraged!  SuzyQ may want to speak privately to all those who have voted against her in an attempt to convince them to vote for someone else.  Just remember to CC me into all PM conversations.  :)  You can also post in the public game thread, of course, to argue for one candidate over another.

In this case, SuzyQ can't get anyone to change votes, Jameson113 votes for her as well, and she is lynched.  At that point, her role will be revealed, and everyone will learn if she was a villager, a werewolf, or perhaps had one of the special roles such as the seer.  But poor SuzyQ was an innocent villager.

Night 2: The werewolves discuss their choice of victim via PM and let me know who they're targeting to kill that night.  The seer, who can spy out the role of one other player each night, also sends me their choice of player.  The seer will be informed whether their target is an innocent or a wolf, or perhaps the guardian.  The guardian also privately chooses a player to guard and sends me that name.  The guardian can guard his or her self.  Lynching is another matter, though -- the guardian can't save anyone from the lynch.

In this case, the werewolves target Captain Midnight.  If the guardian chose to protect Captain Midnight, then the wolf attack would fail and the next morning the villagers would learn that everyone had survived the night.  If the seer chose to spy on Captain Midnight to learn the Captain's role, they would still learn it, though unless the guardian protected him, that knowledge would come too late.  Once a player dies, either by lynch or by werewolf, that player's role becomes public knowledge.

The guardian can be killed by wolves just like any other player, unless the guardian has chosen to protect him/herself that night.

At the start of the third day, the villagers are told who died during the night (if anyone) and that person's role, and the next round of lynch voting begins.

Since this will be a small game, the seer and the guardian will probably be the only special roles, and there will be just two or three werewolves.  Most of you will be innocent villagers, just trying to survive by lynching the wolves.

Questions, general chatter, etc. goes in this thread, though once the game starts, remember not to give anything away here.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

I hope all of you enjoy the game. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Lucius Cornelius

Well , hello to all.  Hope it would be fun.

a word of warning that i always made.
English is not my native language, so sorry if i misspelled some word or if my grammar is not  good enough, i try to improve.  O:)

AncientMaster

Hi guys, this looks to be fun.

and dont worry Lucius you doing really well, i cant tell you dont speak english as a first  ;D

Valerian

Yep, you're doing fine, Lucius.  :)

I've sent out some PMs to those who haven't posted here yet, to make sure everyone's still ready to play, and I should be sending out the roles tomorrow or Monday.

Out of curiosity, how many of you have played the game before, in one version or other?
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

VictoriaVale

This'll be my first time playing  :o

Albedo

I've never played this type of game before, but have heard all about them and am interested in playing one.
Looking forward to it.

Lucius Cornelius

The Unholy Potato

Aah, yes, good old Mafia, quite happy try it out, again. Here's to hoping that I don't die horribly too early on.

The Exiled

This kitten is still interested in their first Mafia styled game.

Thanks for the heads up, Valerian. You're sweet to host this.  ;D

Watari

Still interested! Can't wait to get started.

Valerian

Okay, just three more people that I need to hear back from.  I'll get things started as soon as I can; and in the meantime, feel free to chat and/or ask any questions you might have.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Paladin

umm are you allowing new blood into this?

Valerian

Quote from: Paladin on April 12, 2010, 01:55:23 PM
umm are you allowing new blood into this?
Well, this particular game is meant for those who are new to Elliquiy in general.  Once this one is underway, though, I will be starting up another game for anyone who'd like to play, as usual.  Most of the time it is all the same people who sign up, it's true, but the games aren't meant to be exclusive to that group.  I can sign you up for the next round of that game if you like.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Maric

My apologies for not responding earlier!  I was on vacation.  Anyways, I'm here and I'm ready.

Valerian

And my apologies for the delay -- I seem to have lost my tenth player, and nine is probably too few to start with.  But I hope to get another nibble on the game soon.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lucius Cornelius

GeekFury

As I said in a PM to Valerian I'm willing to play! Need to start somewhere. :-)

Valerian

Excellent!  I have one more possible player, but even if he opts out, we have enough to begin.  :)

I'm setting up the game thread now, and hopefully I'll be sending out the private messages soon, to let everyone know their roles.  Just to recap a little, you'll all be either werewolves, the village seer who can spy out the roles of others, the guardian who can protect one player each night, or villagers just trying to survive.  Only the werewolves will know their allies.

The first day will just be a little roleplaying, and a chance for everyone to start trying to guess who's who.  Then we'll have a night where an NPC will die.  This is just to help everyone last a little longer, so the seer and the guardian won't be using their roles that first night.

The second day, we'll have the lynch vote, and the chaos will truly begin.  :)  Again, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask at any time, either here or in private message.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Everyone should have a private message with their role.  I've unlocked the game thread, and everyone feel free to start posting about settling in, chatting, etc.  As you may have seen from the other games, there's often a little light roleplaying going on, among the strategy of trying to decide who's who.  Remember not to give anything away here in the OOC thread, and be careful of who you trust!  You never know who might howl at the moon when no one's around.  ;)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

GeekFury

Ok made a post and hope I have'nt cocked it up on my first go ^^;

Valerian

No, that's fine.  There aren't any specific rules about this; right now it's just chatting and hopefully having some fun talking to your fellow villagers while you try to decide who might secretly be a rampaging werewolf.   ;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

I hope everyone's enjoying things so far.  :)  And I know it's tough to make this first vote -- the idea is that as the rounds continue, you can learn from past mistakes and previous voting patterns -- but everyone will have to vote for someone to remove from the game.

If you could also please bold your votes so they're easier for me to find, that would be good.  And remember that you're not stuck with your first vote -- they can be changed right up until I tally all the votes.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

The Unholy Potato

Quote from: Valerian on April 20, 2010, 09:17:21 AM
If you could also please bold your votes so they're easier for me to find, that would be good.  And remember that you're not stuck with your first vote -- they can be changed right up until I tally all the votes.  :)

Forgive me for this slightly frivolous post, but when, exactly, would this be? I plan to make my vote immediately, but I think that knowing would be fan-dabby-dabulous, anyway.

Additionally, as a general clarification, I would like to ask if it is possible to select no victim as a voting option, or if one must mere abstain, leaving the decision making to others?

Thank you in advance,
The Unholy Potato

Caeli

It is not possible to abstain, or select "no victim" as a voting option. Everybody must vote. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs