Guns are every will, mages go zoom.. it's a lesbian wild west (Pathfinder FxFxF)

Started by GreenFlame, September 13, 2019, 01:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjrbatou

the fire lance, while cheapest at 25g, has a 20% chance of an explosive misfire and a much shorter range than a crossbow.  so just get a crossbow/longbow and you'll remain competitive (and pocket a few thousand gold).

GreenFlame

Quote from: Laughing Ocelots on September 28, 2019, 07:56:40 PM
As I look things over, would the older Souldrinker prestige class be acceptable? It's a little less religiously focused than the more recent version, and while I really want to go for the firearms proficiency, the newer one's feat reqs are a bit... squeezy. Just asking to feel out where Lyssa should start and if she can cover the initial ranged damage dealing role.
Hummm, I will allow it.
Quote from: mjrbatou on September 29, 2019, 04:35:35 AM
the fire lance, while cheapest at 25g, has a 20% chance of an explosive misfire and a much shorter range than a crossbow.  so just get a crossbow/longbow and you'll remain competitive (and pocket a few thousand gold).
Do note, firearms under guns everywhere rules cost 10% the listed price.

Laughing Ocelots

Lyssa has been altered and updated, and should be good to go to deal with some ruffians.

GreenFlame

Alright, I got OOC up, and IC will be coming up soon.

Due to the low number of players, I will not be closing this threat and accepting new people to a maximum of 6.

mjrbatou

hrmmmm...a regulator with smiting bullets.

- paladin
- inquisitor
- warpriest
- slayer

- or use spheres and make a character completely from scratch, like a pistoleer who can snipe targets from a mile away with divine acid spewing from her gun.

Stendarr

It wouldn't be too late to add me, would it? I gotta read up on Spheres, but I'm very interested.

GreenFlame

Stendarr

So is Spheres totally optional? Also, I noticed you guys already started on the IC. How would an extra character be introduced?

I'm thinking of going with a butch shotgun lady, or something similar anyway. Probably just gonna go with a standard gunslinger.

GreenFlame

Yes indeed, if you want you can build a character without any 3pp introduced. Depending on how the part chooses to act you can be in the same town the are in IC or meet them in some other way if things go forwards IC.

Stendarr

I've decided I'm going with a ditzy shotgun bimbo. I made a Mythweavers sheet.

Still a work in progress, but I wanted to put it out there.

Revelation

Is this still recruiting, and is 3pp of 3pp allowed? I've been eyeing the Reaper class for the Spheres of Champions classes (Mixing both Might and Magic spheres).

GreenFlame

Quote from: Changingsaint on October 09, 2019, 04:54:05 PM
Is this still recruiting, and is 3pp of 3pp allowed? I've been eyeing the Reaper class for the Spheres of Champions classes (Mixing both Might and Magic spheres).
Yes, I still looking to fill some missing slots in the party.

I'm hesitant to grant blanket approval to anything. However, Reaper seemed like an alright class so I shell approve it. Where you thinking of using any archtypes?
Quote from: Stendarr on October 08, 2019, 03:49:28 AM
I've decided I'm going with a ditzy shotgun bimbo. I made a Mythweavers sheet.

Still a work in progress, but I wanted to put it out there.
So far, so good ^^

Revelation

Quote from: GreenFlame on October 10, 2019, 12:17:54 PM
Yes, I still looking to fill some missing slots in the party.

I'm hesitant to grant blanket approval to anything. However, Reaper seemed like an alright class so I shell approve it. Where you thinking of using any archtypes?So far, so good ^^

As far as Archetypes go, are there likely to be any major Vampiric, Lycanthropic, Draconic, or Aberration forces in the game? I Apologize if that's a meta gamey-question, but since one of the major core features of Reaper focuses around one of those 4 archetypes, it helps me work out whether I should lean in on the Cult ability, or if i should take Mage Killer instead for my archetype. If I go Mage killer, I will probably go with Chem dog as a 2nd archetype to make the character less focused on Magic.

GreenFlame

Quote from: Changingsaint on October 10, 2019, 07:03:59 PM
As far as Archetypes go, are there likely to be any major Vampiric, Lycanthropic, Draconic, or Aberration forces in the game? I Apologize if that's a meta gamey-question, but since one of the major core features of Reaper focuses around one of those 4 archetypes, it helps me work out whether I should lean in on the Cult ability, or if i should take Mage Killer instead for my archetype. If I go Mage killer, I will probably go with Chem dog as a 2nd archetype to make the character less focused on Magic.
Most enemies I got planned are humanoids with guns.

Revelation

Quote from: GreenFlame on October 11, 2019, 12:45:24 AM
Most enemies I got planned are humanoids with guns.
In that case - since the Cult Feature seems like it would be antithetical to the game (Since there'd be no real reason for say, a vampire hunter to go around hunting vampires if there are no vampires) I'd use the Magekiller and chem-dog archetypes to basically make it into a spell-less anti-magic bounty hunter type. Probably a melee/ranged hybrid type.

Of course if such a concept doesn't quite fit the game, I can work on another class/concept. Spheres does have a few potential optiions for gunslingers, or if I want to be a madlady, a melee type since I feel that could also be fun.

GreenFlame

Quote from: Changingsaint on October 11, 2019, 01:17:32 AM
In that case - since the Cult Feature seems like it would be antithetical to the game (Since there'd be no real reason for say, a vampire hunter to go around hunting vampires if there are no vampires) I'd use the Magekiller and chem-dog archetypes to basically make it into a spell-less anti-magic bounty hunter type. Probably a melee/ranged hybrid type.

Of course if such a concept doesn't quite fit the game, I can work on another class/concept. Spheres does have a few potential optiions for gunslingers, or if I want to be a madlady, a melee type since I feel that could also be fun.
That sounds like an interesting build.

Revelation

Quote from: GreenFlame on October 11, 2019, 05:05:21 AM
That sounds like an interesting build.
Cool beans. I'll decide on concept tonight after work. I did want to ask though, exactly how much danger would I be in normally if I play a melee focused character? Playing the lone swordswoman in the wild west sounds like it could be fun, but at the same time it's not as fun if it's just guaranteeing my death haha.

GreenFlame

Quote from: Changingsaint on October 11, 2019, 10:39:48 AM
Cool beans. I'll decide on concept tonight after work. I did want to ask though, exactly how much danger would I be in normally if I play a melee focused character? Playing the lone swordswoman in the wild west sounds like it could be fun, but at the same time it's not as fun if it's just guaranteeing my death haha.
You can look into some extra options for movement as mex range for muskets is 400 ft, but at this point, they fire at -20 penalty, so while it's not our right impossible you may want to think about some movement options. On a plus site, getting into melee may prove rather disruptive to enemies. 

Revelation

Quote from: GreenFlame on October 11, 2019, 10:48:58 AM
You can look into some extra options for movement as mex range for muskets is 400 ft, but at this point, they fire at -20 penalty, so while it's not our right impossible you may want to think about some movement options. On a plus site, getting into melee may prove rather disruptive to enemies.

Okay! Hmm. A steel fist commando war lord spouts lll seems fun too. Maybe it's just my suicidal over confidence coming into play haha. I'll make up my mind soon though.

Revelation

I've got my character finished - I decided to go for a Warlord/Steelfist Commando from PoW instead, because I am an insane person and being a punchgirl in a world of guns sounds fun. Just working on a backstory and looking for an image for her now, I hope to be finished with that by tonight.

Revelation

Jacqueline 'Jackie' Hawk
Class: Warlord (Steelfist Commando)
Race: Human

With guns everywhere, bandits commonplace, and outlaws terrorizing the frontier, those who would dare oppose them are few and far between. Back before the days of gunpowder, the Order of the Argent Fist was once a far more common organization that trained its members to be stalwart fighters against evil and the wicked. But now, the order has seen better days and its members are greatly diminished. Once an ordinary farmhand and ranch girl, Jackie thought she'd live a mundane life herding cows and making a living in the cattle trade. When bandits attacked her family's ranch, the girl and her family were saved by a posse led by a woman who fought not with guns, but her fists and dedicated zeal. Awestruck by the martial artist, Jackie all but demanded to be taught by the martial artist, wanting to not only learn this style for herself - but also to see that she could do some manner of lasting good in this world. Seeing promise in the woman's zeal and honest intentions, she reluctantly took on Jackie as an apprentice, if only to shore up the failing orders numbers. Surprisingly, Jackie took to the training well and found herself partially humbled by it, and while she is only a neophyte of the organization she was set loose on her own free terms to hone her fists, and to see if she truly had what it took in order to make it on her own... Or if her tale will end in an unmarked grave like so many others in this modern age.

Holy fisted punchgirl! With a pinch of bow using so she can plink at people who she can't get into punching distance. She's a mix of defense and offense, with some healing she can do. By punching people.

GreenFlame

Look, great, would you like to be in the down then main group got shooting or arrive just after they are done.

Revelation

GreenFlame

One of this two, it would be best to get you with the group as soon as possible.

Revelation