Simple question about Win 8

Started by Oreo, May 29, 2013, 10:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

Doing a search made me dizzier and more uncertain than I care to explain.  So question:

Can Windows 8 be set up for the desktop icons to scroll vertically instead of horizontally?

Things that move from side to side literally set of my balance to puke syndrome. Before I consider getting anything with Win 8 I'd rather know if this is an option.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Peripherie

I don't know about changing the horizontal scrolling to vertical but it is possible to bypass the new "home" screen and run Windows 8 from the desktop like in Windows 7. I had to get a new computer and Win 8 was the ony option for the laptop I wanted. I did not like the tiles and even went so far as to delete all the apps. I downloaded a program to put the "Start" button back on the desktop and the program boots up my computer to the desktop. I sometimes even forget it is Windows 8.

Sorry that this doesn't exactly answer your question, but if you have to upgrade and can't find a solution, there are ways around that whole screen entirely.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Oreo

Actually it answers it better than I had hoped. Thank you so much for responding. At least I don't have to fret of the possible nightmares of sliding window boxes.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin