Mermaids Anyone?

Started by Magdelena, August 17, 2012, 05:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdelena

Angelique sat on a rock close to the shore, in a shallow tide pool. The rock was low enough that she stayed waist deep in the water, brushing her hair and humming an old pirate shanty. The waves weren’t rough but were just large enough that the spray spiraled up around her in a small, soft vortex. The rays of light from the setting sun were caught in the tiny droplets and sent cascading around her in a shining, sparkling array of colors. She leaned against the part of the rock that was out of the water, making it look like a rudimentary throne.

Nothing on to cover her torso only her long chestnut locks to cover the essentials and a few necklaces and bracelets made of coins, pearls, and sea shells that made a soft tinkling sound when she moved. Golden brown skin as soft as rose petals, and almond shaped brown eyes that always hid a joyous light behind the irises. She looked much like a gentle, loving young girl and nothing like the adventurous and overly curious creature she really was.

The rock she was on could easily be walked out to during low tide by the series of stones that were set close enough together to form a broken walkway. She laid down the brush and turned over, folding her arms and resting her head on her arms. She looked toward the shore in search of something that was more intriguing that just sitting alone in the water. She sighed feeling the last warm rays of sun on her back and arms, the light seeming to make her glow with a radiant inner warmth.

It wasn’t long before she caught sight of someone walking down the beach. Lifting her head she smiled, her bright eyes going wide with curiosity. She made a loud splash by accident in her excitement then made a woopsie face and quickly turned away from the shore, pretending to be busy with plaiting a red ribbon into her long chestnut hair and resumed her song where she had left off. “Come all ye pretty fair maids, whoever ye may be, who loves a jolly sailor bold, that plows the raging sea.~” In a soft yet resonate voice that carried over the waves, like that sound of tiny bells. Cautiously she glanced back over her shoulder toward the, not too far away, land in hopes that she hadn't been discovered completely.

BabyDoll Amy

Quite interesting..! Can you please tell me what plans you have for the future of this RP? Just a general idea so I know that what you want next for this RP.

Magdelena

I didn't think that far ahead when I wrote this. Whatever direction it flows in is perfectly fine with me. I don't view roleplay as 'What I want' since it's a group or two person collaboration. There are thousands of directions this can go in. Pirates, tidal waves, Little Mermaid type things, a sister of her's could pop up. If you wanted we could discuss it more and set up a time line of events ^^;;; Sorry, my rambling was probably of no help what so ever.

Queen Elsa