News:

Main Menu

MBTI Personality Types

Started by Question Mark, October 27, 2012, 02:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

We did this a long time ago  ;)

To see who is what from back then, check out MBTI Types ad Who's What.

Trieste

Those of us who did it the first time around have been comparing old results with recent results.  :-)

Sure

I'm ENTJ. About... seven or so years back, I think it was, I was INTJ. Maybe I'm getting more social or somesuch?

Moon Raven

The last three times I've done the test, I've ended up with INTP twice and INTJ once.  That was all a few years ago, so I'd be curious to see if I've developed along new lines given that my job has put me into more and more contact with people that I used to in the past!

Trieste

Quote from: Sure on October 29, 2012, 04:18:53 PM
I'm ENTJ. About... seven or so years back, I think it was, I was INTJ. Maybe I'm getting more social or somesuch?

*eyes Sure suspiciously* You copied my answers? :P

Merah

Quote from: Greenthorn on October 29, 2012, 02:27:05 PM
We did this a long time ago  ;)

To see who is what from back then, check out MBTI Types ad Who's What.

So, we have an overabundance of Counselors and Masterminds... No wonder we're good at planning and plotting stuff together.

Saerrael

INFJ once again.

You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
    You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
    You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Though I do find the test's questions somewhat odd and open for interpretation. There were a few were I'd pick a third option. I don't believe a person is as black and white as the test's questions leave room for.

Oniya

The professional version has that annoying five-point scale (Strongly agree, Agree, Undecided, Disagree, Strongly disagree.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Saerrael

That would have been more to my liking.

NightRabbit

I usually get INFJ but this time around I got ISFJ through the test given at my college. A lot of it feels accurate but some of it doesn't quite fit me. I guess I would count as borderline in the iNtuitive/Sensing portion. Go figure. XD

Oreo

Quote from: ExisD on October 29, 2012, 10:44:52 AM
Two years ago I took the professional test courtesy of my college.

The results I received were a dominant and very distinct E and an auxiliary, also very distinct, T. S/N was very close though P was also very distinct.

In the end I was ENTP and I felt that this was an accurate assessment given my understanding of the types.

While not always accurate the test did make a lot of group work significantly easier since everyone knew their type. We used it to easily explain our preferences in regards to brainstorming, group dynamics, and information gathering in ways that everyone understood.

I think, at least for the purposes of what I've used the types for, the E-I spectrum wound up being the most important because it most directly related to how someone tends to gain their energy and deal with their social interactions. The knowledge made sure that I didn't run roughshod over my friends while they were busy formulating thoughts and still processing information. At the same time it also let them understand that when I'm randomly spewing out ideas not all of them are serious, but I made decisions most easily by bouncing them off of other people no matter how inane they are.

I find that interesting. I have often used the basic types when creating characters. I had trouble getting to the heart of their personalities and a study of MBTI Types really helped.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Question Mark

Quote from: Oreo on October 29, 2012, 11:41:17 PM
I find that interesting. I have often used the basic types when creating characters. I had trouble getting to the heart of their personalities and a study of MBTI Types really helped.

I like to do this too.

Amelita

Hah, interesting thread. I've never heard of this test before but I took it and can't say the results surprised me much ::)

extroversion over introversion 89%
intuition over sensing 25%
feeling over thinking 62%
perceiving over judging 44%

makes me a ENFP. This time around anyway.

edit:
Ha! Looked at that older thread and saw this means Champion xD I rather liked the description of it, not sure whether it applies to me or not ;)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Mr Bigglesworth

Quote from: Moraline on October 29, 2012, 09:46:04 AM
Your own personal view of the world around you at any given moment is tainted by current life events and emotions. It causes you to judge certain situations in differing ways.

That same person when asked a year later may be at a different point in their life and agree that "yes, they are often late because of various things." Etc...

+1

The test gave me ENFP (11%, 62%,38%, 28%), that's the first time I've ever been an E not an I - funky.  So, Amelia, you aren't the only one.

Amelita

we sure do look the part at the moment anyway ;)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Iniquitous

ISTJ

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

cloudysky

I flip between INFJ and INTJ over time.

Braioch

ENFJ....

Huh, apparently one of the least common types....

And also the type most likely to believe in a higher power...well isn't that ironic?

xD
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Oniya

Hm... Just looking at the categories, I think I can see it.  Does it say anything in the INFJ's about spiritual beliefs?  It seems to me that Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving categories would be more keen to go with the 'show me proof' crowd.  I'm not so sure that Introversion v. Extroversion would influence that as much.  Oh, and 'most likely' doesn't always mean much. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Braioch

I can see what you're aiming at with that, which amuses me because I'm certainly of the 'annnnnddd...proof?' crowd.

And no, I didn't look up the Introverted side of things with the rest of that acronym in place.
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Oniya

Are your numbers near the center of the scale on any of those three?  A low or marginal preference could possibly change back and forth.  (I vaguely remember my 'I' was a low-to-moderate preference, back when I took it.  I'm much more 'E' online.)

Braioch

Everything but my Extroverted was low to Moderate I believe

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Oniya

*nods*  Not a shrink, but that probably explains why you're not in that 'most likely to' category.  I'd bet that under a different set of circumstances, some of those lows might flip to the other side, the way my 'I' flips to 'E' on occasion.

Misty Zephyrs

I've known mine for quite a while:  INFP (external link).  No matter which personality test I've taken, I always come out the same.   It's a tough personality type to be, I've discovered.  I've even come across a blog titled "Surviving INFP".  Go figure.  What really sucks is being someone with ADHD who is introverted.  :P  But, hey.  There are things about my personality I wouldn't change for anything.  :-)

Question Mark

Quote from: Misty Zephyrs on November 07, 2012, 02:04:33 PM
I've known mine for quite a while:  INFP (external link).  No matter which personality test I've taken, I always come out the same.   It's a tough personality type to be, I've discovered.  I've even come across a blog titled "Surviving INFP".  Go figure.  What really sucks is being someone with ADHD who is introverted.  :P  But, hey.  There are things about my personality I wouldn't change for anything.  :-)

Agreed.  Understanding myself as an INTP has done wonders for my self-esteem.  I'm damn proud of my type; I wouldn't change it for anything.