News:

Main Menu

MBTI Personality Types

Started by Question Mark, October 27, 2012, 02:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunar Raven

QuoteINTP; Introvert(69%)  iNtuitive(16%)  Thinking(25%)  Perceiving(22%)

• You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (69%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (16%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

Has really changed since the last time I did this test a few years ago.  I suppose it means I'm more or less set in my ways  :P
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Sergeant

I'm not sure what to think of my results lol. ENFP

Extravert(22%)  iNtuitive(16%)  Feeling(6%)  Perceiving(19%)
You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (22%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (16%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (6%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (19%)

There's no real distinction it seems when it comes to my preferences. They all say slight when I feel in daily life some senses are more apparent and dominating than the other. But as I answer the questions it seems that's not entirely true if I get to think about  :P

elvenslave

So, I already knew that I'm an INTJ, but now I also learned that I am an INTJ and a "5w4" (enneagram of personality):

The Arcanist
(5w4)

A cerebral INTJ that is more engrossed in the realm of thought. Seemly more eccentric that the other INTJ subtypes, they couldn't care less about conventions. This overall attitude conflicts with an ability to fit in whereas the Purist (1w9) and Diplomat (1w2) may blend into their surroundings due to their more practical appearance.
This type is less concerned with appearances because many of them have a focal point where the mind is absorbed with abstract theory or thought. Possibly, they have more of an artistic flair, these INTJs may write (fiction or nonfiction), have musical ability, or something that may set them apart with more of a strangeness than the other subtypes. They tend to be imaginative, aloof, and quiet.
Arcanist need time and quiet to reflect. This allows them to fully process while using intuition. At times, they may fluctuate from being disconnected from internal emotions and being overwhelmed by them.

It all seems so freakishly accurate that it's almost scary... Also, this INTJ girl sure likes to do some writing :P
O/O & F-list       My ideas
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
~Gandalf~
David ~Your pseudonym here~: “They’re right about you. You’re a bloody psychopath.”
Sherlock ~Me~: “High functioning sociopath. With your number.”

AmberStarfire

Out of curiousity, where did you find the enneagram test and a page that compares it with MBTI?

The Arcanist is a cool title.

elvenslave

Quote from: AmberStarfire on December 10, 2015, 06:19:16 PM
Out of curiousity, where did you find the enneagram test and a page that compares it with MBTI?

The Arcanist is a cool title.

I took the test on this website. I suppose it's one of many tests of that type (like for the MBTI), but it seemed quite complete to me (there are lots of questions, and it takes some time to complete it, even if it stays very subjective). The result it gave me was my MBTI type and my enneagram type. The two are supposed to be closely correlated.
(And I quite like being "The Arcanist"! :P)
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
~Gandalf~
David ~Your pseudonym here~: “They’re right about you. You’re a bloody psychopath.”

AmberStarfire

Okay. I'm an INTP and I got 2 matching scores on the Enneagram test. "Your main type is 2 or 5. Considering the wings you should be a 2w3 or 5w6."

So I'm going to go investigate what that is. :)

"Twos are empathetic, sincere, and warm-hearted. They are friendly, generous, and self-sacrificing, but can also be sentimental, flattering, and people-pleasing. They are well-meaning and driven to be close to others, but can slip into doing things for others in order to be needed. They typically have problems with possessiveness and with acknowledging their own needs. At Their Best: unselfish and altruistic, they have unconditional love for others."

and

"Fives are alert, insightful, and curious. They are able to concentrate and focus on developing complex ideas and skills. Independent, innovative, and inventive, they can also become preoccupied with their thoughts and imaginary constructs. They become detached, yet high-strung and intense. They typically have problems with eccentricity, nihilism, and isolation. At Their Best: visionary pioneers, often ahead of their time, and able to see the world in an entirely new way."

So, 'the hostess' and 'the problem solver'. That doesn't incorporate the INTP bit though.

elvenslave

Quote from: AmberStarfire on December 10, 2015, 07:00:06 PM
So, 'the hostess' and 'the problem solver'. That doesn't incorporate the INTP bit though.

That's strange, when I completed the test, it told me that I'm a "cerebral INTJ" (which was coherent with the MBTI tests I took a while ago)

"Hostess" and "Problem Solver" - you seem way nicer and more useful than "The Arcanist" ;)
~Gandalf~

AmberStarfire

I got those titles off another site after I googled my Enneagram results.

Yeah it didn't mention my MBTI result. Maybe I forgot to complete something but I don't think so.

I'll have fun reading up on this anyway. Then there are other things like Numerology (I'm an 11, so there are some awesome descriptions out there).

elvenslave

Quote from: AmberStarfire on December 10, 2015, 07:16:45 PM
Then there are other things like Numerology (I'm an 11, so there are some awesome descriptions out there).

You mean the thing where you calculate your 'life path', from your birthdate? Something like in THIS website? (And honestly, that video freaks me out...)
~Gandalf~

AmberStarfire

That video is kind of weird, and I haven't seen that site before, but yes. It is a life path number.

elvenslave

The speaker in that video seems pretty convinced of what she says, and she calls numerology a very, very old SCIENCE. And since there are numbers it only seems all the more credible... And that somebody may actually believe in it with all his heart and submit his personal data like they encourage you to do (it's free, so it's presumably OK to do it...), well this is just plain SCARY to me.
I would take the whole numerology concept as a harmless curiosity ;)
~Gandalf~

Arsha

QuoteISTJ
Introvert(25%)  Sensing(31%)  Thinking(50%)  Judging(6%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (25%)
    You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (31%)
    You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (6%)

Introversion v Extroversion
Definitely agree with this, though I did find it a bit amusing that my introversion was borderlining moderate. I prefer to keep to myself in most instances, and dislike being the center of attention... but at the same time I wouldn't consider myself overly shy or reserved when it comes to exchanging opinions.

Sensing v Intuition
I'm a bit surprised by this one, but can definitely see why it'd score me as such. Practicality and reason are two things I value highly, whereas intuition is something which makes me hesitate. I'm mainly surprised because I do have spontaneous streaks of judgement, though internally even those follow a specific personal pattern.

Thinking v Feeling
I've been told multiple times by various people that my manner of thinking is needlessly practical. I mean; a friend would introduce me to a new hobby or interest they'd find, and my mind immediately resorts to asking "What skills can be developed by this hobby, how much time it'll consume, and if it'll be profitable in any way." Definitely argumentative, and have been called unsympathetic multiple times.

Judging v Perception
Not surprised that I got judging seeing as how I do like to settle and plan things, and I opt for routines as they're usually altered and made more efficient over time. What surprises me is the low percentage of 6%, since I'm openly a bigotted person who prioritizes my own beliefs over others unless a logical argument is presented.

Galnius

Woah, this is brought up even here? Schweet. Hello, entp here. I'm a 7w8. Classic, apparently.
If you are having a bad day, remember, Kangaroos can't hop backwards. Or just look up drunk deer.

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Kurzyk

Interesting, I'm an ENFJ. Pretty accurate.

ENFJ
Extravert(31%)  Intuitive(28%)  Feeling(28%)  Judging(22%)

midnightblack

I've been scored as INTJ.

Introvert(53%)  iNtuitive(28%)  Thinking(78%)  Judging(84%)

Fairly accurate, but I think I'm a much more hardcore introvert in reality than what the test rated.
The Midnight Lodge (O2 thread & completed tales compendium)
Thy Nightly Chambers (requests) updated!
Zerzura (albeit short, the best collaborative story I've ever completed here)

Idej

ISFP

Introvert (25%) Sensing (12%) Feeling (19%) Perceiving (19%)

Dang, those are some low numbers.  Kind of feel I ain't even have a personality there.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Idej on June 14, 2016, 03:11:32 PM
ISFP

Introvert (25%) Sensing (12%) Feeling (19%) Perceiving (19%)

Dang, those are some low numbers.  Kind of feel I ain't even have a personality there.

I think it just means you're closer to their opposites.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: AmberStarfire on June 14, 2016, 03:15:45 PM
I think it just means you're closer to their opposites.

That is correct.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Idej

Okay, that sounds alot better.  Thanks

BlueJayHighway

INFP-A
53% Introverted
98% Intuitive
58% Feeling
93% Prospecting
100% Assertive
At least that's what 16personalities told me. Fits me pretty well if I could say so myself, so do my friends think.

wander

So, I decided to retake the test on a whim, to see if any difference would come up, after two and a half years going by...

My old result;
QuoteYour Type
INTJ
Introvert(56%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Thinking(12%)  Judging(1%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
    You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

Now my current result is thus;

Humanmetrics Jung Typology Test™
Your Type
INTJ
Introvert(34%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Thinking(31%)  Judging(28%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (34%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
    You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (31%)
    You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (28%)

So, still INTJ. Whilst leaning a little more extroverted than before, the others I'm more inclined at, I've leaned more into.

I tend to act more INTP in persona though, being more an architect than a mastermind personality type. I also tend to have some counselor in me (INFP) and healer (INFJ).

Shores

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

SaturnCeleste

I've been INFP for a long time.  :D
To some, steampunk is a catchall term, a concept in search of a visual identity. To me, it’s essentially the intersection of technology and romance. – Jake von Slatt
Saturn Reads Tarot (Free) & E*rotic Readings,
Lickable Limericks, Saturn's Celestial Void, Saturn's Celestial Sojourn